Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
UK2K
7-time NBA All-Star

Default 20 arrested following violent protests after Southern California Trump rally

Quote:
Dozens of protesters were mostly peaceful as the Republican presidential front-runner gave his speech inside the Pacific Amphitheater. The crowds began to get rowdy as the rally was over and demonstrators took to the streets.

One Trump supporter had his face bloodied in a scuffle as he tried to drive out of the area. One man jumped on top of a police car, leaving its front and rear windows smashed and the top dented in and other protesters sprayed graffiti on a police car and the venue’s marquee.

Dozens of cars -- including those of Trump supporters trying to leave -- were stuck in the street as several hundred demonstrators blocked the road, waved Mexican flags and posed for selfies.

Police in riot gear and on horseback pushed the crowd back and away from the venue. There were no major injuries and police did not use any force. The crowd began dispersing about three hours after the speech ended.

As helicopters circled overhead, protesters at one point shut down the entrance to the 55 freeway along Newport Boulevard in Costa Mesa, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Earlier Thursday, a half-dozen anti-Trump protesters taunted those waiting to get into the area. Trump supporters surrounded one man who wave a Mexican flag and shouted “Build that wall! Build that wall!” – a reference to Trump’s call to create a barrier between the U.S. and Mexico to stop illegal border crossings.

At one point, seven women wearing no shirts and Bernie Sanders stickers over their breasts entered the square outside the amphitheater. They said they were protesting Trump's lack of engagement on issues of gender equality and women's rights.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/29...l?intcmp=hpbt1

Anti-Trump protesters being tolerant once again. Blocking highways, destroying cop cars, assaulting people and damaging private property.

Imagine if this had been Trump supporters at a Clinton rally... imagine the coverage this would receive.

Quote:
Earlier this week, a Trump rally in nearby Anaheim, California turned contentious when his supporters and counter protestors clashed, leaving several people struck by pepper spray. Trump was not present.

Pepper spraying children. So tolerant, and so open minded. Unless your opinion doesn't match theirs.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: 20 arrested following violent protests after Southern California Trump rally

These people are Stalinists. Plain and simple.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

Default Re: 20 arrested following violent protests after Southern California Trump rally

Why are people who hate Trump so violent and hate America?

If they are the cure, I want the disease
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Dresta
A humble prophet

Either George Soros paid pieces of filth, or mindless utopianists, who, if they had the power, would have all Trump supporters liquidated so that the world could be that great tolerant, multi-ethic borderless bubble they all want it to be.

They obviously don't recognise the hypocrisy of their behavior either, because they're fanatics.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #5
UK2K
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
Why are people who hate Trump so violent and hate America?

If they are the cure, I want the disease

Which is why I say...

I do not like these people. I think they are toxic, and vile, and offer nothing to this country. So if simply hearing Trump's name is enough to turn violent, then Trump is A-OK to me.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so to speak. And Trump's enemies are most certainly my enemies.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

These people are on the same level as the people who used to get "offended" by seeing interracial couples or gay couples and decided to violently attack them. Your choice to be "offended" doesn't permit violent actions. Leave people the hell alone.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #7
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Either George Soros paid pieces of filth, or mindless utopianists,
Seemed to be pissed off Mexicans to me.

Other craziness. Some Bernie supporter got arrested having repeatedly threating a local politician in WA, I believe, for endorsing Clinton. He threatened to cut out his tongue. Politician brought a shovel with him to work as a weapon.

White powder shut down the mailroom in Trump Tower.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
UK2K
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
Seemed to be pissed off Mexicans to me.

Other craziness. Some Bernie supporter got arrested having repeatedly threating a local politician in WA, I believe, for endorsing Clinton. He threatened to cut out his tongue. Politician brought a shovel with him to work as a weapon.

White powder shut down the mailroom in Trump Tower.

Indeed. Should have parked an INS truck out front. You wouldn't have had these issues.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

These Dems are fanatics. It's pretty scary.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
UK2K
7-time NBA All-Star

More anti-Trump protesters now blocking the streets of CA.

If I went out and blocked traffic, I'd be arrested. Hope these people are treated the same way.

Tolerant? Lol. So Tolerant they don't even want to ALLOW Trump to speak. The hypocrisy is too much.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #11
UK2K
7-time NBA All-Star

Protesters tore down the barricades and are trying to rush the hotel.

Police are nowhere to be found.

More media silence. Because these aren't Trump supporters.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

I can only imagine the media narrative if the tea party did this at Obama events.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #13
Terahite
Trump Family Hero

GOAT comments so far in this thread.

Unfortunately for these violent fanatics many police and military are already in the Trump camp.

Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #14
Norcaliblunt
Local High School Star

We'll burn this bitch down if you get us pissed.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #15
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

dumb protestors .. trump is going to win even bigger now in cali
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: