Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.

Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, etc are Mediterranean. This is why you see a lot similarity between Greek, Turkish and Lebanese food.

I remember during the Iraq War, a Middle East expert was explaining that to understand Iraqi culture, you have to understand Mediterranean honor cultures like in Sicily. This is why before we went to a counterinsurgency posture our tactics were counter-productive. Iragis have a similar sense of honor where you have a vendetta to restore your families honor, so we were making enemies since any mistake we made was then magnified by the victim's family turned against us.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 12-05-2012 at 02:28 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #32
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Greek food is most definitely better than Balkan food.

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greece got more good schtuff.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Easily Europe. Most versatility, biggest innovator, lots of tradition. It's also underrated in so far that the regional traditional meals are unknown to most but usually extremely delicious.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #34
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Took a family vacation to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact. African food is the best food I've ever ate. Especially the meat. Everything I ate was very delicious.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Took a family vacation to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact. African food is the best food I've ever ate. Especially the meat. Everything I ate was very delicious.
eh, not a fan of Ethiopian food

everything is spicy goop that you put on that sponge bread ("injera" I think?)

It's okay I guess, but if I had to eat that every day I would get sick of it real quick...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #36
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
eh, not a fan of Ethiopian food

everything is spicy goop that you put on that sponge bread ("injera" I think?)

It's okay I guess, but if I had to eat that every day I would get sick of it real quick...
You n*ggas realize that Africa is a continent with 50+ countries right?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
You n*ggas realize that Africa is a continent with 50+ countries right?
damn I thought all of Africa was Eithiopia...interesting shit McFly, thx
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #38
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Europe and the Greater Mediterranean takes the cake I think.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #39
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
damn I thought all of Africa was Eithiopia...interesting shit McFly, thx
The way you responded made it seem that way.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
The way you responded made it seem that way.
no it didn't

he said he went "to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact." and then I made a comment about Ethiopian food which happens to also be in Africa
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

1. Asia: Sushi, Korean BBQ, pho, fried rice, Thai, curry, etc.
2. Mideast: Shawarma, falafel, hummus, kabobs, etc.
3. North American: Burgers, fried chicken, burritos/tacos, soul food
4. European: Worst in my opinion except for Italian. When I travelled Europe it was all sausages in Germany/Switzerland and ham and cheese in France. England doesn't even have a cuisine. Italy had fun and interesting food though.

Last edited by LT Ice Cream : 12-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #42
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
what's north american food?

There's traditional southern barbecue and soul food, as well as distinct regional food styles in areas like the Southwest, the Northeast, and California. Also Mexico has its own wide variety of food styles and traditions.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #43
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
no it didn't

he said he went "to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact." and then I made a comment about Ethiopian food which happens to also be in Africa
I'm gonna sit here and pretend that the plural version of n*gga excludes the possibility of me addressing you and him at once.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #44
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Probably Asia, but if I had to pick one country, I would have to say American. You just can't beat an American diner breakfast or southern comfort food or Thanksgiving. Those three, along with CEREAL(one of my favorite foods of all time) can go up against anything else in the world.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #45
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Greek food is most definitely better than Balkan food.

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greece got more good schtuff.

Greek, and Mediterranean seafood in general is underrated.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: