Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #46
c3z4r
resident lurker

c3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Greek food is most definitely better than Balkan food.

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greece got more good schtuff.

Not sure why you would lump Romania with those countries or with Balkan food specifically, but I'm not surprised, your credibility was shattered when you said you are a zoology major and yet compared grey wolves and dingoes with hyenas and saying they were all canines.
c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #47
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
I am gonna borrow from the thread about animals and replace it with food. Now I do not profess to be a know it all .......so please folks, add to the list to make your case, here is my $0.02

(ps. Do not include Antarctica please)

#1 Asia - No Contest
Too many good cuisines, Thai, Chinese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean.....the list goes on and on and on

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#4 North America (Mexico pulling its weight and then some)

#5 Europe

#6 Australia (gotta be right?)

Let the bragging rights begin, feel free to use photos of the dishes to make your cases.

North America has all of those foods, so do they count as tied with #1 with other countries that also have all of them?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #48
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Asian, obviously.

Modern cuisine in Oceania region is probably the worst in the world since it is based around this.

LOL what? Noone in Australia eats Spam.

I can't decide between Asian and Europe. Maybe slight edge to Asia since Indian is included.

Australia is dead last. We have a great mix of foods you can here in restaurants, but none of them are our own, we just haven't been around long enough as a (settled)country. Aboriginal food isn't very advanced (or particularly nice) Word to Wittchedy Grubs.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #49
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am going to do this based on what was domesticated on each continent and its overall influence to world cuisine (as reflected by my tastes). Not considering things like fruit trees, but basic staples and key flavors.

Americas (lumping them all, as mesoamerica is classes as N Am in some disciplines and not in others)

maize
beans
squash (including pumpkins)
tomatoes
peppers (imagine thai or indian food without peppers)
potatoes
quinoa
cassava
peanut
sunflower
strawberry

Asia (excluding the middle east)
Rice
soy beans
sugarcane
onions (we will give them to you even though wild onions are cosmopolitan)

Africa
Sorghum
Millet
Red rice
melons (really shared with the levant)

Levant (middle east)
wheat
rye
barley
oats
grapes
lettuce

Europe
Sugarbeets

Basically I would argue that the middleeast wins, simply because almost all of the booze I like is derived from grape sugars or barley/rye starches. Hard to argue with the impact of american domesticates on other cuisines though. Imagine ireland without the potato, lots of italian regions without the tomato, africa without maize and manioc, etc.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #50
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh yeah, forgot about vanilla and chocolate.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #51
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Asia is #1 hands down.
#2 Europe
Everything else
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #52
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Asian food >
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #53
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
1. Asia: Sushi, Korean BBQ, pho, fried rice, Thai, curry, etc.
2. Mideast: Shawarma, falafel, hummus, kabobs, etc.
3. North American: Burgers, fried chicken, burritos/tacos, soul food
4. European: Worst in my opinion except for Italian. When I travelled Europe it was all sausages in Germany/Switzerland and ham and cheese in France. England doesn't even have a cuisine. Italy had fun and interesting food though.

If your summation of french food is "ham and cheese" then you haven't had french food.
miller-time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #54
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Australia is dead last. We have a great mix of foods you can here in restaurants, but none of them are our own, we just haven't been around long enough as a (settled)country. Aboriginal food isn't very advanced (or particularly nice) Word to Wittchedy Grubs.

We are last, but you can get some nice original things here. It is just very basic food - essentially throwing whatever regional meat you have on the BBQ such as fish or kangaroo.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #55
Solidape
Serious playground baller

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
LOL what? Noone in Australia eats Spam.

I can't decide between Asian and Europe. Maybe slight edge to Asia since Indian is included.

Just what is aboriginal food anyways, there's gotta be something that tastes good, if there is one thing people have in common, its stuff that tastes good!
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #56
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Most of the "Asian food" around these parts I'm sure is nothing close to authentic. So I say what most of us consider "Chinese" or "Thai" food is largely an American phenomenon and should really be considered North American food.
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #57
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Just what is aboriginal food anyways, there's gotta be something that tastes good, if there is one thing people have in common, its stuff that tastes good!

Usually their food is described as "bush tucker," so essentially it is whatever you can find or hunt and prepare in the bush. They probably have some decent food, but it doesn't seem like things you would order in a restaurant.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #58
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Most of the "Asian food" around these parts I'm sure is nothing close to authentic. So I say what most of us consider "Chinese" or "Thai" food is largely an American phenomenon and should really be considered North American food.

Very true. I wonder how many people have actually had real Chinese food. Its nothing like in America, except for Sweet and Sour pork that is. Just had some.... delicious.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #59
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
damn I thought all of Africa was Eithiopia...interesting shit McFly, thx

That culturally "I can't think beyond a 50 mile radius" mindset illuminates more than Bank of America Plaza.

LOL, I'm just messing with you PT. I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic in your post.

I would be a bit worried if you were being serious though; almost as worried as we all should be for an adult living a little boy's (well, more like your typical small town white trash HS slut dropout aspiring to walk the red carpet *SNAP! SNAP! SNAPSNAP!* blinded by the flashing lights, signing autographs and later limo driver punches the gas to outrun the Paparazzi) dream. The only issue is, dude isn't a little boi, he's approaching 40.

It's my understanding you're a somewhat successful graphic gaming artist which is actually pretty cool; a highly desired type career for many of those interested in working in the "entertainment" industry; whether it's the medium of gaming, television, film or whatever. To each their own, but I give you props for recognizing your LEGIT talents and capitalizing accordingly. Whereas there's others who's personal assessment of themselves is unrealistic, as they relentlessly chase a pipe dream.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #60
Solidape
Serious playground baller

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Very true. I wonder how many people have actually had real Chinese food. Its nothing like in America, except for Sweet and Sour pork that is. Just had some.... delicious.

Real Chinese food is actually better than Sweet n Sour Chicken, or General Tso's chicken, etc.

Having said that, I tried stinky tofu and that is one dish I do not wish to try again.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: