Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Healthy Rose or Melo: Which Player Would You Rather Have

I'd take healthy Rose over any player not named Kevin Durand or Lebrick James
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef
I'd take healthy Rose over any player not named Kevin Durand or Lebrick James

this, if CP3, Kobe, Wade, Dwight are all out of the league (arguably Westbrook too, and Duncan this season)
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
this, if CP3, Kobe, Wade, Dwight are all out of the league (arguably Westbrook too, and Duncan this season)

CP3 could be argued, but I'd still take DRose.

Duncan is too old, but I'd take prime Duncan over any player in the league right now though, in a heartbeat.

@ the rest though
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
CP3 could be argued, but I'd still take DRose.

Duncan is too old, but I'd take prime Duncan over any player in the league right now though, in a heartbeat.

@ the rest though

Duncan's playing at a high level though (not the same as his peak but certainly as well as he was 5 years ago when he led his team to the championship).

If we're to take health as a given, how could you not go with Wade? Last time he was 100% was the 2011 Finals, and he beasted for the most part. Dwight isn't healthy right now, but is still doing his thing.

That leaves Westbrook and Kobe. Kobe is a very polarizing figure but I think he's playing well (enough) this season, though he's lacking on the defensive end. As for WB, I think he's playing better than MVP Rose right now, but there's a caveat. If Rose didn't have to deal with injuries last season (+ this year so far), he'd be ahead of Westbrook, perhaps by a decent margin. He's just gotten hurt at a pretty bad time, so his development has been stunted. Hopefully he comes back better than ever though, he's still pretty young so he should have time to bounce back (only time will tell how much his game will suffer in the long run due the loss of the developmental time).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
OP makes more Melo threads than Melo fans and then negs when he gets called out about it.

I don't neg anyone.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Duncan's playing at a high level though (not the same as his peak but certainly as well as he was 5 years ago when he led his team to the championship).

If we're to take health as a given, how could you not go with Wade? Last time he was 100% was the 2011 Finals, and he beasted for the most part. Dwight isn't healthy right now, but is still doing his thing.

That leaves Westbrook and Kobe. Kobe is a very polarizing figure but I think he's playing well (enough) this season, though he's lacking on the defensive end. As for WB, I think he's playing better than MVP Rose right now, but there's a caveat. If Rose didn't have to deal with injuries last season (+ this year so far), he'd be ahead of Westbrook, perhaps by a decent margin. He's just gotten hurt at a pretty bad time, so his development has been stunted. Hopefully he comes back better than ever though, he's still pretty young so he should have time to bounce back (only time will tell how much his game will suffer in the long run due the loss of the developmental time).

TD and Kobe don't have many years left, neither does Wade. Westbrook might have a case. He's a similar player, with better defense, but Rose has the advantage over him when it comes to leadership and decision making.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Quote:
TD and Kobe don't have many years left, neither does Wade. Westbrook might have a case. He's a similar player, with better defense, but Rose has the advantage over him when it comes to leadership and decision making.
Hai again RG. You can spot RG almost anywhere, its so pathetic.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Only players I put above Rose are LBJ/Durant. Doesn't mean I'd trade him for them.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
mehyaM24
College superstar

mehyaM24 has no real reputation yet.

melo's 2009 season was better than anything Rose has put together
mehyaM24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehyaM24
melo's 2009 season was better than anything Rose has put together

Yeah, lets compare Melo's 7th year in the league, to Rose's 3 1/2. That's also the same year they got rid of Iverson, and brought in Chauncy. Not to mention he had a ton of offensive help that year.

Give Rose a legit #2 option, and it's a wrap!

Last edited by tikay0 : 12-05-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #26
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Healthy? Rose.

Melo is one of the league's premier scorers, with an offensive skillset and capabilities most players dream of. He can literally score from anywhere on the floor and in the clutch, he's a guy you'd want to shoot the ball. But, I feel he is a lot more one-dimensional when compared to Rose, and I use that word pretty loosely i'll admit.

I just feel that Rose can give me more. Rose is undoubtedly a super-guard, he can do it all and to deny this would be ridiculous. On top of being one of the most explosive scorers this league has ever seen, he has shown a lot of promise as a play-maker, passer, and above all a leader. He's competitive, a hard worker, and a player who will always give 100% to his team. He's an underrated defender imo, and gets underrated as an overall player imo by many at ISH.

Besides the fact that Rose poses a possible injury threat, I think there's a lot more upside to him than Melo.

I like both players and for different reasons, but its pretty open and shut when it comes to who i'd rather have.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Probably Melo
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

honestly, bulls fans romanticize derrick rose way too much ... it's a chicago thing because he's the hometown kid and they haven't had a star of his magnitude (in any sport?) since mj ...

great player but has some serious flaws ... settles for jumpers more than he should, leaves his feet when he passes (making him turnover prone), not an impactful defender (not that it matters too much ... but if people are going to get on carmelo's case about defense, then derrick deserves the same) ... he's kind of dumb, and I think it affects his poise

I mean, he's great ... really electric, fantastic athlete, fantastic ball handler, great at getting to and finishing at the rim, but he's not perfect ...
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #29
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
honestly, bulls fans romanticize derrick rose way too much ... it's a chicago thing because he's the hometown kid and they haven't had a star of his magnitude (in any sport?) since mj ...

great player but has some serious flaws ... settles for jumpers more than he should, leaves his feet when he passes (making him turnover prone), not an impactful defender (not that it matters too much ... but if people are going to get on carmelo's case about defense, then derrick deserves the same) ... he's kind of dumb, and I think it affects his poise

I mean, he's great ... really electric, fantastic athlete, fantastic ball handler, great at getting to and finishing at the rim, but he's not perfect ...

YOU DO NOT WATCH THE BULLS, so your statements don't matter. Once you said he's not an "impactful" (nice made up word) defender, I stopped reading.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
YOU DO NOT WATCH THE BULLS, so your statements don't matter. Once you said he's not an "impactful" (nice made up word) defender, I stopped reading.

"impactful" is second only to "normalcy" as the most useful made-up word, so I have to use it

and I happen to live close enough to chicago to get local broadcasts, so I probably watch the bulls just as much as I watch the knicks. d rose is a competent defender, and that's about it. he's not a ball hawk, he doesn't get steals by playing the passing lanes. he plays within the team's defensive concept (a defensive concept which includes hiding him on defense). which is fine. but if we're going to be holding the guy up to "superstar" standards, then I think we should expect a bit more. lebron gives us more. duncan gives us more. westbrook gives us more. cp3 gives us more. even a guy like dirk who also gets hidden on defense at least is the "intellectual anchor" and barks out orders to his teammates.

I find debating with knicks homers exasperating enough, so I doubt I last in this conversation very long ...
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: