Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Healthy Rose or Melo: Which Player Would You Rather Have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Hai again RG. You can spot RG almost anywhere, its so pathetic.

Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
honestly, bulls fans romanticize derrick rose way too much ... it's a chicago thing because he's the hometown kid and they haven't had a star of his magnitude (in any sport?) since mj ...

great player but has some serious flaws ... settles for jumpers more than he should, leaves his feet when he passes (making him turnover prone), not an impactful defender (not that it matters too much ... but if people are going to get on carmelo's case about defense, then derrick deserves the same) ... he's kind of dumb, and I think it affects his poise

I mean, he's great ... really electric, fantastic athlete, fantastic ball handler, great at getting to and finishing at the rim, but he's not perfect ...

He's not perfect. What a great argument.

Because Carmelo Anthony is the most perfect, all around player in the NBA.
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
"impactful" is second only to "normalcy" as the most useful made-up word, so I have to use it

and I happen to live close enough to chicago to get local broadcasts, so I probably watch the bulls just as much as I watch the knicks. d rose is a competent defender, and that's about it. he's not a ball hawk, he doesn't get steals by playing the passing lanes. he plays within the team's defensive concept (a defensive concept which includes hiding him on defense). which is fine. but if we're going to be holding the guy up to "superstar" standards, then I think we should expect a bit more. lebron gives us more. duncan gives us more. westbrook gives us more. cp3 gives us more. even a guy like dirk who also gets hidden on defense at least is the "intellectual anchor" and barks out orders to his teammates.

I find debating with knicks homers exasperating enough, so I doubt I last in this conversation very long ...

Rose doesn't get hidden on defense. You just made that up right there. He is the front line of defense for our team. Yeah, he doesn't play the passing lanes, because that's not the smart way to play defense. His man to man defense is better than Westbrook's. I've seen Westbrook get shaken off too many times by all types of PG's. Where as with Rose, I've seen him stick most PG's extremely well.

If you've watched any Bulls games last year, you would've noticed a drastic change in Rose's defense. The guy was one of the most under rated defenders in the league that year. He would make it a habit of shutting down the opposing defenders. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I watch Westrbook, and I see him getting confused on his assignments all too often. Really, he only shines when he's got his man 1 on 1 at the top of the key. I've seen him get shaken off so many times coming off screens and what not.

Westbrook's defense is madly over rated, while Rose is insanely under rated.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef
He's not perfect. What a great argument.

Because Carmelo Anthony is the most perfect, all around player in the NBA.

yeah when did I say carmelo's perfect? he's far from it. but there was some rose colored glasses stuff going on here and I just wanted to bring up that rose has some serious flaws too
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
yeah when did I say carmelo's perfect? he's far from it. but there was some rose colored glasses stuff going on here and I just wanted to bring up that rose has some serious flaws too

Yeah, but you made up his flaws. Calling him a "non impactful" defender is just ludicrous. That's why I said you haven't watched any Bulls games. You might have, but obviously you weren't paying attention to his defense.

I made it my goal to watch Rose, mainly on defense last year. He surprised the shit outta me.

I agreed when you said he jump passes too much, which I get so annoyed by, but don't call out his defense.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #36
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Rose doesn't get hidden on defense. You just made that up right there. He is the front line of defense for our team. Yeah, he doesn't play the passing lanes, because that's not the smart way to play defense. His man to man defense is better than Westbrook's. I've seen Westbrook get shaken off too many times by all types of PG's. Where as with Rose, I've seen him stick most PG's extremely well.

If you've watched any Bulls games last year, you would've noticed a drastic change in Rose's defense. The guy was one of the most under rated defenders in the league that year. He would make it a habit of shutting down the opposing defenders. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I watch Westrbook, and I see him getting confused on his assignments all too often. Really, he only shines when he's got his man 1 on 1 at the top of the key. I've seen him get shaken off so many times coming off screens and what not.

Westbrook's defense is madly over rated, while Rose is insanely under rated.

Stop.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Yeah, but you made up his flaws. Calling him a "non impactful" defender is just ludicrous. That's why I said you haven't watched any Bulls games. You might have, but obviously you weren't paying attention to his defense.

I made it my goal to watch Rose, mainly on defense last year. He surprised the shit outta me.

yeah, I bet he did ...

what is going to be the point of this? derrick rose is untouchable to you, so I will let you be.

and fyi I could make a pretty nice list of carmelo's flaws too, I just think on the whole they are similar level players (and neither of them have ever played to the levels that lebron, dirk, wade, and tim duncan have exhibited)
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #38
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Their defensive impact is about the same. This year with Carmelo committed to defense due to his coach, he has been a totally different player. Rose is far from a lockdown defender himself.

I think it really comes down to if you want a PG or SF. Coincidentally they both are capable of moving over to SG and PF respectively, and filling in completely fine.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #39
Fudge
Coke Boyz

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef

What the **** do you do all day?

12pm: Make a ____ vs. ____ thread with an alt
3pm: Nap
4pm: Wake up, make another alt account
5pm: Waits until account is confirmed
7pm: Finished repping new account with your other accounts.

Is that what a day in the life of RG looks like? What a waste of space on earth you are.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #40
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

What the **** do you do all day?

12pm: Make a ____ vs. ____ thread with an alt
3pm: Nap
4pm: Wake up, make another alt account
5pm: Waits until account is confirmed
7pm: Finished repping new account with your other accounts.

Is that what a day in the life of RG looks like? What a waste of space on earth you are.

That's BuffaloBill, man.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #41
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
yeah, I bet he did ...

what is going to be the point of this? derrick rose is untouchable to you, so I will let you be.

and fyi I could make a pretty nice list of carmelo's flaws too, I just think on the whole they are similar level players (and neither of them have ever played to the levels that lebron, dirk, wade, and tim duncan have exhibited)

Yes I'm a die hard Rose homer, but I'm not so biased that I'd say he's better than LBJ/Durant. What I'm saying is, if he had as much help as some other players, I could definitely see him posting up even more ridiculous stats.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #42
Fudge
Coke Boyz

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
That's BuffaloBill, man.
If it is, my bad. It was a good guess though, they're almost identical. Did BuffaloBill admit this?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #43
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If it is, my bad. It was a good guess though, they're almost identical. Did BuffaloBill admit this?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=68

You can read the that page and the next too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #44
Fudge
Coke Boyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=68

You can read the that page and the next too.
My mistake. BuffaloBill was that Alamo guy too? The hell, didn't know that.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #45
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
more consistent

Sitting out a whole season = consistent?

Healthy rose > Healthy Melo

Real rose < Real Melo
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: