Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

Default Wolves and Love

Quote:
Kevin Love continues to have reservations about his future with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

"That's a tough pill to swallow."

Love was also once interrupted in the training room following a loss by David Kahn, who reportedly shoved a contract offer sheet into his hands.

"I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," said Love.

Love missed the first part of the season with a broken hand sustained while doing knuckle pushups.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

Love believes in Rick Adelman, but Kahn's personnel moves continue to be looked at suspiciously.

"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a plan?"

Love signed a four-year, $62 million contract extension with the Wolves last year, far from the five-year, $80 million max deal he could have conceivably signed.

Love doesn't simply want the Wolves to be a playoff team, but also a title contender.

"And that's on me to do my part, to get us there," said Love, but the franchise won't have a benefit of doubt from him. "I'll have the leverage."

source: Yahoo Sports

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Love starting to talk again. Dunno if this has been posted but it seems pretty interesting.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Default Re: Wolves and Love

He's got balls, I'll say that.

Sounds like he's decided to be in Minnesota and thinks there are idiots there...I appreciate that. He and KG would be best friends.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
KLovin
Banned

I'd be more optimistic with this year's pieces if I were Love. That part about David Kahn is pretty lulz, though.
KLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Sounds like a loser. Get your team to the playoffs before you start talking shit. Guy is a horrible leader. If you are as good as you say making the playoffs wouldn't be an issue.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

http://fansided.com/2012/12/11/kevin...gm-david-kahn/

How is it any different from Kevin Garnett saying the exact same thing about the exact same thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByICUV5qxhs
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

I think they've done a great job over time of putting things in place, much better than during the KG era. Young squad...a couple pieces to build around and the ideal coach.

So I don't think that particular complaint is legit.

I don't like him so I'll avoid everything else.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: