Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Red face How to get rid of stage fright??

I have a talent show coming up, and I'm thinking of playing my saxophone there. I have an idea of what music i'm going to play and everything, but there's one problem: there will be hundreds of eyes looking at me! :rollingeyes: :rollingeyes: From every diffrent angle!! And the thought of messing up, and the worries of what will happen if they don't like my music or if I don't sound good enough, it just tears me up inside! How do I get rid of stage fright? I want to be able to just be myself up there... but how???????
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: How to get rid of stage fright??

1) get a spot later on in the show so other people can mess up before you and there wont be as much pressure

2) practice, practice, practice.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

do you know any friends or family who are female and around the middle school age? From my own personal experience, nobody unappreciates live-performed non-pop music more than girls at that age, and they will let you know it.

Try getting them as an audience. You will be able to do anything after playing in front of those wanks
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
PistonsD01
I brick open layups

PistonsD01 has an OK reputation so far

Just put it out of your mind and concentrate on your music, I don't know if that might be hard for you but somehow I can just not think about something.
PistonsD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Rub one out right before you go on.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Liquore..

a shot of vodka.. or something else... but not mixed, cause your stomach to do flips
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Practice in front of other people, at least 5 people. Just focus and do ya thing. Music is music, get in your own little zone and play! Besides, usually, in these talent shows, the lights are dark in the audience so when you're on stage, all the lights may be on you but it's not like you'll be able to look back and see all their eyes staring straight back at you.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Practice in front of people beforehand, and youll be fine. Once youre out there, you will be freaked out because you are thinking about what everybody is thinking about you, but tell yourself that it isnt so serious, these people are your friends. Try to be as confident as possible, and again, practice in front of other people.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

alright thanks guys for your advice, lol no im not drinking before I get on :

thanks pistonsdo1, shafir, lil stevie, applenader and timmeh yours was real helpful

adam... shame on you!

Last edited by j Fresh : 02-02-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #10
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I have to go in front of a few ppl too and I was about to give you the same advice. Have something to drink...it'll work!!
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Before you peform, tell a joke or something to make them laugh. What I learned is you have to get them on your side first, and a joke always works. Once you've got their attention, start to jam, they will be on your side.

You can't go up their looking like a stiff with no confidence,.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #12
Laamoon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Laamoon has an OK reputation so far

Practicing for hours always helped me! When you get out there, just simply don't sweat it. I would be freaking out until I got out there. Just take a deep breath and do it.
Laamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #13
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Before you peform, tell a joke or something to make them laugh. What I learned is you have to get them on your side first, and a joke always works. Once you've got their attention, start to jam, they will be on your side.

You can't go up their looking like a stiff with no confidence,.

"so a nun goes to a bar... and asks the bartender- no wait the bartender asks her... no wait that's right she asks him-" *AUDIENCE:"BOOOOOOOOOO" -Insert throwing tomato here-
Old 02-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #14
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

no dont start with a joke, say something like this "Are you guys ready for me to tear this freaking roof off?"

OR

"I need to fix this mic then I will proceed to tear the mother ****ing roof off"

Of course dont cuss but it sounds better if you cuss.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Picture the audience naked. If you do it right, you might laugh.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: