Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default i don't get the hate for D'Antoni or the Lakers

It's like the Lakers are a Formula 1 team (or NASCAR for you Americans) racing with only 3 tires so of course they're not going to do very well! Everyone knows MDA's system revolves around a capable PG and the best PG in the world to run MDA's offense happens to be injured.

No, Morris and Duhon are not even 1/10th of Nash's basketball IQ let alone basketball skills.

Yes, I know they have Dwight, Pau, and Kobe but none of these players are point guards (that can run MDA's system).

No, Phil Jackson won't do a better job because he runs an offense that restricts Nash's playmaking ability. We all saw what Mike Brown's Princeton offense did to Nash (7 pts and 4 assists per game and loss after loss).

Yes, I know it sucks and it's shocking to a lot of ppl that Nash is the most important Laker now and not Kobe but things change when you add HoF-type players (see: DWade). It sucks Nash isn't playing otherwise you all will jizz about how good MDA and the Lakers are...
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: i don't get the hate for D'Antoni or the Lakers

Because D'Antoni and Nash are known for taking teams to the Finals, right? Adding Nash will do little to help them. They are just old, slow, and can't defend for s.hit. They will be a tough 4-5 seed team to play, but thats really it. They aren't beating OKC, Memphis, or Spurs.
SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

People are going to hate no matter what.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jealously at how good lakers management is...

we got dolan ****ing shit up every day, but this year has been good sofar
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Nash is not a top 25 player in the league. But he is the focal point and most important player in Mike DAntonis system. Bad allocation of resources.

This is my least favorite Lakers team that I can remember watching.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 12-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

You reap what you sow. Lakers trolls were having a bugaloo when the team got DH and Nash. So now that they're struggling, the opposite trolls are having their day.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
jealously at how good lakers management is...

we got dolan ****ing shit up every day, but this year has been good sofar

Jealousy? The Lakers don't even have a winning record. A lot of their fans were talking serious trash about how they were going to dominate this season. The season is still early, but right now many of their predictions don't look too good. Of course posters are going to bash them.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
You reap what you sow. Lakers trolls were having a bugaloo when the team got DH and Nash. So now that they're struggling, the opposite trolls are having their day.

You of all people should just stfu. You were riding the Celtics hard in the offseason. And what do you know? They f'n blow.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LA BABy
kNIOKAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
swi7ch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Because D'Antoni and Nash are known for taking teams to the Finals, right?

They didn't have Pau, Kobe, or Dwight in Phoenix so I don't know what you're on about.

Last edited by swi7ch : 12-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
They didn't have Pau, Kobe, or Dwight in Phoenix so I don't know what you're on about.

They had prime Amare, prime Marion, Bell (when he was still great defender) and a 6th man in Barbosa. So maybe you should stfu like the Boston fan. Nash is old and not even close to as good as he used to be. And Pau hasn't been the same since 2010.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You of all people should just stfu. You were riding the Celtics hard in the offseason. And what do you know? They f'n blow.

Ok, you're scared to root for a team that doesn't have a loaded roster
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
swi7ch
Banned

Quote:
They had prime Amare, prime Marion, Bell (when he was still great defender) and a 6th man in Barbosa. So maybe you should stfu like the Boston fan. Nash is old and not even close to as good as he used to be. And Pau hasn't been the same since 2010.

Prime Amare, Marion, Bell, Barbosa is no match for:

Pau who is going to the Hall of Fame
Kobe who is going to the Hall of Fame
Dwight who is going to the Hall of Fame

Stop comparing PHO to LAL because this team, even though older, is still more talented than the one they had in PHO! Why can't you understand that MDA+Nash is not in Phoenix anymore?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Because people have such an irrational hatred for Kobe that they don't want to see him win. Yes the team is not a finished product but that doesn't excuse their lack of effort. I've seen the Wizards put up more of a fight in games than the Lakers
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Right...So you're judging 15 games of the season and writing the Celtics off as a bad team? I think I know who's the stupid one is

FYI the celtics will get better as the season progresses, they are built for the post season and still have Bradley among others to integrate. But of course you took all that into account before you ran your mouth off...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: