Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputationsecund2nun has decent reputation
Default Re: Who's the greatest Laker, Magic or Kobe?

Magic Kareem and Shaq are easily above Kobe.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected poster

Magic did more in less seasons.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
Asukal
Local High School Star

Asukal has decent reputation

There's no one like Magic really. If he didn't have to retire early, he'd have accomplished much more.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Magic/Kobe
3/1 MVPs
3/2 FMVPs
5 championships in less time/5 championships in more time
32+ yr old top 10 team mate / 8 years with top 10 player in his prime & peak
gets everyone involved / keeps chucking the ball causing team mates to be cold

Seems pretty obvious to me.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think Magic, most easily, the 2nd best player ever. Magic was certainly better. And I don't think longevity is enough to overtake that.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Magic.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

I love Kobe but it's still Magic. If Magic would have worn a rubber and not got the HIV it wouldn't even be close. If KB24 can get another championship or two then maybe, but I don't know if that's gonna happen.

Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #38
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this board

Magic is my all time favorite player. I think he's the most naturally gifted basketball player in history (not talking athleticism, just pure feel for the game). Had his career not been cut short due to the HIV announcement, I feel he would have locked in his place at the top of the GOAT list.

That being said, it's really close. I don't think people truly appreciate what Kobe has done, we take him for granted as fans. When he finally hangs up his shoes, it will be a sad day in the NBA, just as it was when Jordan did, the Captain did, Bird did, etc.

Kobe will retire with every Lakers record, and hopefully 6 or more championships. He will have carried the Lakers franchise for a decade and a half. He will have spread their reach internationally more than any player in history... I believe it's safe to say that he will be named as the Lakers "greatest player". But really in the hall of Lakers heroes none should stand above any other. Without any our franchise is diminished. Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq, Baylor, West, Worthy, Mikan, Chamberlain, etc... Lakers family is strong.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #39
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Magic all the way. Kobe is an arrogant prima Donna with way overrated defense.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Magic all the way. Kobe is an arrogant prima Donna with way overrated defense.
Kobe's arrogance has no place in this discussion as a matter of fact it's what makes him great plus Kobe is a much better defender than Magic ever was.

The weak sauce your peddling stems purely out of a dislike for Kobe.

Last edited by daily : 12-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #41
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Kobe's arrogance has no place in this discussion as a matter of fact it's what makes him great plus Kobe is a much better defender than Magic ever was.

The weak sauce your peddling stems purely out of a dislike for Kobe.
Tim Duncan is much better defender than Larry Bird.
Because of this;
Duncan > Bird
Agree? Disagree?

Kevin Garnett is much better defender than Charles Barkley.
Because of this;
Garnett > Chuck
Agree? Disagree?

I can write more if you want.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #42
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Too many people are forgetting about Jerry West. Entire career was with the LA Lakers, he brought LA it's first title, he lead the team in assists and points almost every season he played. IMO he's ahead of Kareem as far as "Lakers" organization is concerned. Baylor is almost on par with him too as far as playing career and impact for the team during playing years is concerned. What West did after his playing days might make him the greatest Laker EVER. He's the man behind Shaq and Kobe. Without West, that stuff doesn't even happen.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #43
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. mAgic
2. kobe
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #44
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn
Tim Duncan is much better defender than Larry Bird.
Because of this;
Duncan > Bird
Agree? Disagree?

Kevin Garnett is much better defender than Charles Barkley.
Because of this;
Garnett > Chuck
Agree? Disagree?

I can write more if you want.

He's just responding to that specific post. I don't think he's suggesting what you're saying.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 12-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #45
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPosh
Mr Bean

Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: