Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Can anyone tell me what's going on with Heat's defense this season?

They're 21st in the NBA right now in opp ppg. 29th in rebounding. Heat's defense was never like this last season.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can anyone tell me what's going on with Heat's defense this season?

They need a true defensive center. A lot of guys playing out of position this year and it's not working defensively.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

The Heat's defensive scheme requires dead-on precision, and 5 guys playing on a string at all times. Basically, playoff level intesity.

They aren't brining it consistently, and our getting burned at times. Not a big deal, but will be frusturating to watch for fans of the team.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Notorious D.M.C
It was all a dream

Notorious D.M.C has an OK reputation so far

no true center..lazy and unmotivated sometimes.
Notorious D.M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1.) Lazy and unmotivated

2.) The guards are getting blown by easily

3.) Lack of big in the middle

4.) Teams that pass the ball well and can shoot the 3 murder their help defense.

While #4 has always been a problem, it's worse it's ever been. The defense just looks very slow on their rotations. It's like they just jog to the defender.

They used to hold teams under 100 almost all of the time, but now we're the Nuggets.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

1. In their starting lineup Lebron is their most efficient player defending, rebounding and boxing out Centers/PowerForwards.... yep... They are undersized like hell, the tallest guy they have there in the lineup is a soft PF in Bosh who is horrible defensively & a bad rebounder/hustle guy imo...

2. Because of the above, players are forced to help the paint from the constantly penetrating perimeter players or from the true opposing Centers creating an instant mismatch.... opening up wideopen shooters for opponents every single time.... now they are forced to run around trying to contest/cut the open shots.... but with good ballmovement you can repeat everything..... even if you miss the open shot you still have advantage for the offensive rebounds due to Miamis small lineup........

3. Lebron is their only consistantly good defender... a guy who is running around like a headless chicken defensively trying to help everybody/everything and trying to guard ALL positions (but the problem is he cant guard all 5 at the same time)....... Battier is good sometimes, but limited (and undersized, they desperately use him to guard PFs).... Joel Anthony is good sometimes to, but is also another undersized guy not any bigger than Lebron and is a huge liability offensively, therefore not used much... The rest of the squad is just not good enough... to lazy...... and to undersized...

4. Effort, Effort, Effort.

5. Did i mention undersized?

Last edited by pauk : 12-06-2012 at 11:53 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
They're 21st in the NBA right now in opp ppg. 29th in rebounding. Heat's defense was never like this last season.

the 2 games vs the Knicks certainly didn't help...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

They lack defensive presence in the paint and some of them are playing lazy.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Biggest reason is effort. Everything else stems from that.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

The Heat never defend the 3 well. It's part of their philosophy on overhelping and pressuring the ball.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
The Heat never defend the 3 well. It's part of their philosophy on overhelping and pressuring the ball.

It hasn't been as bad as it's been this year though.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

Too much small ball and bad defensive rotations
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

move over miami...knicks are back
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
move over miami...knicks are back

Too early for that, but they look very good. They are really hot right now, but it depends on if they can carry this throughout the long season.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

Wade's lack of effort rubs off on others.

And seriously like only 2 players touch the ball 90% of the time per possession. Lebron and his shooter of choice. No one's really involve so why make the extra effort on defense?

They miss Joel Anthony and his transition defense by sprinting the floor. Plus his blocked shots gives them an opportunity for a Wade/Lebron fast break. I'm gonna say Bosh at the center doesn't even give them a rebounding advantage over Anthony. Bosh is there to bring the opposing center outside the paint? Like really? No one drives to the hoop anymore besides Wade and you know he's inconsistent. Needs to lose weight I think. Lebron only gets a half-court layup/dunk attempt like once or twice a game.

Lebron and Wade needs to play their post game like 50% of the possessions. Wade murdered JKidd in the finals down low. Only saw him go at it like once maybe twice on the block.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: