Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How Big Is the Gap Between LeBron and Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
LeBron James is the better defensively, better passer, and better post player.

Although I admit I haven't seen Durant that much this season yet, so I don't know how he with his post game. Durant is better offensively though.

I don't really think it's that big, but clearly I think LeBron could do more things for you than Durant. LeBron impact is bigger than Durant imo, though Durant is clearly better offensively to me.

I disagree with Durant being better offensively. He's the better scorer, but that's not the same thing as being the better offensive player. I see Lebron as the best offensive player in the league. Oddly enough, I think Durant has been slightly better on the defensive end overall.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The gap is getting smaller season by season, till this point I'd say almost non-existent. In the regular season at least.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
I have both a couple of steps below kobe, they exchange #2 spot on a weekly basis, there is not much gap between them though, Durant took the lead this week while lebron was busy losing to the wizards.

I know you're trolling, but c'mon. Replace Kobe with Lebron or KD and the Lakers are at the top of the west. Kobe's stats have been completely empty this season and he hasn't much defense at all. The guy let Afflalo go off the other night
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
I disagree with Durant being better offensively. He's the better scorer, but that's not the same thing as being the better offensive player. I see Lebron as the best offensive player in the league. Oddly enough, I think Durant has been slightly better on the defensive end overall.
Lebron is overrated defensively while Durant being underrated. With that being said, Lebron is still a better defender overall, but the gap is smaller than it ever was.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #20
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Not that big, especially considering how this year has gone so far. It's clear Durant has made a bigger emphasis on his overall game, with career numbers in rebounds and assists. Lebron is still the better player, when considering overall impact and the fact that he just came off his first championship with a huge burden lifted off his shoulders... I think we've just seen cruise-control Lebron so far this season. We'll have a better idea as the play-offs near, but so far to me Lebron is still clearly the better player, but the gap is small. Alot of people under-rate how good of a defender Durant is.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Until then KD will continue to end every Finals series crying on his mother's shoulder.

Why do Lebron fans act like he never lost in the playoffs. He has one ring

edit: nvm you're just a troll

Last edited by Chief Keef : 12-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #22
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
Lebron is overrated defensively while Durant being underrated. With that being said, Lebron is still a better defender overall, but the gap is smaller than it ever was.

Lebron is the better defender, but Durant has put forth more effort on that end, and has had a bigger defensive impact through 17 games.

Lebron's defense against the Nets the other game showed me that he's still one of the best defenders in this league when he wants to be, and I'm sure that's the Lebron we'll see come playoff time, but he just hasn't put forth that same effort on a consistent basis.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
clearly the #1 and #2 best players in the league with Lebron at #1 and Durant at #2, but how big is the difference between the two?

Starting a team, huge. LeBron is a much better starting piece, but as a cog on a championship team, it's negligible.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #24
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I know you're trolling, but c'mon. Replace Kobe with Lebron or KD and the Lakers are at the top of the west. Kobe's stats have been completely empty this season and he hasn't much defense at all. The guy let Afflalo go off the other night
Kobe's been sloppy on defense for a couple of seasons. Truth be told, he's too old to chase those young legs.
But his lack of defensive effort doesn't have that much a compact on the game IMHO
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Durant is mad overrated. Dude ain't sniffin' LeBron.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh

I can see that. And I think you're right the more I think about it. But I think I would have to watch a little more of Durant this season. I only watch a couple of games of his this season.

Why do you think he is better defensively?
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
Kobe's been sloppy on defense for a couple of seasons. Truth be told, he's too old to chase those young legs.
But his lack of defensive effort doesn't have that much a compact on the game IMHO

Agreed. And I don't think he should be asked to go all out on defense. The guy is in his 17th season. You don't want to burn him out at the beginning of the season. Nor am I blaming the Lakers record all on Kobe. But just making a point to Mr. Jabbar.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #28
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef
Why do Lebron fans act like he never lost in the playoffs. He has one ring

edit: nvm you're just a troll

Where did I say Lebron hadn't lost in the playoffs? Do you know how to read by any chance? My point was that I don't see KD breaking winning it all anytime soon. I even stated earlier that it wasn't necessary for Durant to win a title to pass Lebron as the best player. Open ur friggin eyes, r.etard
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

I'm dead serious when I say the Lakers could be 0-19 without the mamba. All those new pieces looked lost, coach changes while Nash is injured. Kobe has been the heart and soul of LA, the reason why he is number UNO in the MVP race so far.

Just for the records, I'm not biased.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #30
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Where did I say Lebron hadn't lost in the playoffs? Do you know how to read by any chance? My point was that I don't see KD breaking winning it all anytime soon. I even stated earlier that it wasn't necessary for Durant to win a title to pass Lebron as the best player. Open ur friggin eyes, r.etard

I'm the retard. Ok. No one takes anything you say seriously

Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: