Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
SilkkTheShocker
LeBron = G.O.A.T.

Default Re: How Big Is the Gap Between LeBron and Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef
I'm the retard. Ok. No one takes anything you say seriously

Than what was the point of responding to me, Corky?
SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #32
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

lol Corky, thas so oldschool
Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
DatAsh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Why do you think he is better defensively?

He's trying harder. Other than a couple halfs of a few games, Lebron, and the rest of the heat, have been coasting defensively.

Whether or not that actually makes Durant the better defender is debatable. I'd imagine that Lebron will be the better of the two come playoff time, and perhaps that's all that matters, but I do think Durant has helped his team's defense more at this point in the season.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #34
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

So I could laugh at you with the rolling smilies.
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
SilkkTheShocker
LeBron = G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
I'm dead serious when I say the Lakers could be 0-19 without the mamba. All those new pieces looked lost, coach changes while Nash is injured. Kobe has been the heart and soul of LA, the reason why he is number UNO in the MVP race so far.

Just for the records, I'm not biased.

U changed my mind, good sir.

Kobe >>>>> Durant
SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #36
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

I personally think the Lebron is still quite far ahead of Durant mainly as while KD has been working hard this year, Lebron and the heat have kinda coasted through the season so far. KD has, imo, significantly improved from his play last year and is closing the gap slowly but Lebron is still the undisputed king. As a Durant stan, I can only hope he continues to improve.

As far as the gap to third goes, thats huge man, huge.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #37
Clifton
talk less, say more

Well, I think we can say with confidence that it's not a gap that Durant can do anything to bridge. He simply can't have the impact on a game that Lebron can, because of the type of player he is.

If Durant is ever better than Lebron it's because Lebron slipped, probably due to age, or some injury he never recovers from, not because of anything Durant did.

But Lebron is the kind of player who stands to lose a lot with age unless he makes his post game and jumpshot a bit more regular. His ad-libbed offense won't stay deadly into his 30s. He'll still be a great player no matter what because of his size, handle, and passing, but Durant could surpass him that way.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #38
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

It's very close.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #39
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
I personally think the Lebron is still quite far ahead of Durant mainly as while KD has been working hard this year, Lebron and the heat have kinda coasted through the season so far. KD has, imo, significantly improved from his play last year and is closing the gap slowly but Lebron is still the undisputed king. As a Durant stan, I can only hope he continues to improve.

As far as the gap to third goes, thats huge man, huge.

Agreed.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
knicksman
Decent college freshman

why do people think that lebron is so far away from durant. IMO durants impact is much much better than lebron. They say that lebron is transcendental talent but IMO I think its durant. He has the skills of bird while being one of the most athletic players in the league. And at the same time he has the maturity or attitude of duncan. And he is as tall as howard. We havent seen a player like that, thats why hes on pace on beating jordans career. Too bad lebron cheated his way to miami so he got robbed of his first ring. People say lebron is transcendental but we have players like him before but failed like oscar and bird only won 3 compared to magics 5. Jordan is also capable of averaging triple double but he settled for less and won 6. Lebron didnt even made cleveland contenders until his 6th year while durant only took 3 years unless you think that cleveland team that went to the finals are contenders.

When it comes to impact really. Its durant>>>>>>>lebron. Had lebron stayed with cleveland, he would still be ringless by now while durant would have his first ring.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #41
knicksman
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Well, I think we can say with confidence that it's not a gap that Durant can do anything to bridge. He simply can't have the impact on a game that Lebron can, because of the type of player he is.

If Durant is ever better than Lebron it's because Lebron slipped, probably due to age, or some injury he never recovers from, not because of anything Durant did.

But Lebron is the kind of player who stands to lose a lot with age unless he makes his post game and jumpshot a bit more regular. His ad-libbed offense won't stay deadly into his 30s. He'll still be a great player no matter what because of his size, handle, and passing, but Durant could surpass him that way.

yup thats why lebron took 6 years to make his team contenders while durant only took 3 years.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #42
Dro
Good college starter

Its very close...I was just thinking about this other day...Durant does some things better than Lebron..IMO, he has better handles, does more crossovers, behind the backs, etc, effectively...We already know he's a much better shooter, he's just as good as Lebron at getting to the rim now IMO and drawing fouls and finishing strong. He's become a better playmaker and leader and he's a better clutch player than Lebron..Better FT shooter and a good defender in his own right although he's no Lebron in that area..I think the gap is VERY SMALL...to the point that if someone told me Durant was the best player in the NBA, I wouldn't even call them crazy...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #43
pauk
NBA Legend

DEFENSE:
Lebron is a better defender, more versatile, can defend all positions, is a 1st all-defensive team/DPOY type of defender... there is nothing Durant is better at defensively except gambling for passing lanes/shot attempts more (steals/blocks)... Lebron is a more vocal & better defensive leader aswell... there is a gap there overall.... defensive rebounding is about equal, no significant difference...

OFFENSE:
Lebron is a better overall offensive player, more versatile, can play almost all positions, better ballhandler, MUCH better passing ability/vision, more prolific of a scorer, better offensive rebounder, more vocal & better offensive leader/orchestrator.... Durant is a better shooter, most significantly from the FT line........

CONCLUSION:
Durant is a better Shooter (from anywhere) and ability wise probably matches Lebrons scoring ability.... Lebron is then better at everything else......... while just finished accumulating a historic year with all the things he did (including beating Durant in the Finals)

Yes, there is a gap...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

You could crab dribble through it.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You could crab dribble through it.
So about 10 steps?
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: