Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #31
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dallas "2011, Never Forget " (8-10) @ Phoenix "You Will Never Walk Alone" (7-12) OGT

Breaking my heart, as usual...
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #32
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dallas "2011, Never Forget " (8-10) @ Phoenix "You Will Never Walk Alone" (7-12) OGT

Mayo would have been the perfect addition for the Suns. They did look at him?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #33
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Mayo would have been the perfect addition for the Suns. They did look at him?
He turned them down for the mavs.

**** you then OJ!

But really if the suns had gordon to pass to theyd be in the playoffs right now.

**** you then New orleans enjoy your DNP for the year only to trade him to us.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 AM   #34
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far

Ahh. Mayo did travel on his last shot...
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #35
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderRight
Ahh. Mayo did travel on his last shot...
The Suns don't get calls like that though bro. I'm starting to get used to simply not expecting the refs to do their job in situations that favor the Suns at the end of games. Against the Raptors Shannon Brown was mugged, practically thrown to the ground while shooting the ball with 2 seconds left down by 2 points trying to send the game to OT but there was no call. The replay showed him getting blatantly fouled, but no call. And that's been a common occurrence for the Suns this year.

I don't know why... but it seems like this year the refs just don't like the Suns. Maybe it's because we're not that good of a team, don't have the biggest most widespread fanbase out there, or don't have any NBA automatic money generators like Blake Griffin, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, etc. Now that Steve Nash left the Suns it's been really weird with the refs. I know it sounds stupid and "conspiracy theorist-like", but this is the first time it's felt like this. If I had recorded all of the blatant fouls, no-calls or simply bad calls in favor of the other team that I've noticed and replayed on my DVR throughout this short season so far, especially in the 4th quarter, I could make a 10 minute montage out of them. And it wasn't like that last year or the year before, etc(we were a mediocre team back then too)... so I don't know why it's just this year it all of the sudden is like this.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #36
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
Breaking my heart, as usual...
I know how you feel bro.

This team has a lot of fight, but ultimately they don't have the talent level needed to win. Their hustle keeps them in games, but ultimately we're disappointed with the reality that this team is just a work in progress with no identity, and it sucks...

We have a lot of draft picks coming up and a lot of relatively desirable trading chips, but I can't stand to see my team just barely fall short every single night. They fight back in the game and get me off my seat excited, and it's frustrating that they just can't get the W in the end to show for it.

I know sometimes you have to lose big in the season to have a better chance to win big in the draft, and who knows... maybe that's why we don't get calls at the end of games, because the NBA doesn't want us to win games because they know winning right now isn't in our long-term best interest. I know it's unlikely, but then again I've heard of crazier things like refs swinging western conference championships for gambling money ;)

Is there even anyone in the draft losing for this year though? Last year's draft didn't impress me at all outside of Davis. I just don't follow college basketball, so I don't know the prospects outside of what I hear from other people or catch in the few televised games I watch(usually March Madness games)....
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: