Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Rumors: Cavs & Kings

Quote:
Word around the campfire is Ferry is in talks with Sacramento as we speak. Their talking Gibson, Gooden and Hughes for Artest and Bibby. Heard it on Roda. I guess Artest would love to play with Lebron, and we know he wants out of Sac-town. I would hate to part with Gibson, but adding Artist and Bibby to Lebron Andy and Z would make us instant title contenders. This trade would be HUGE.

bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Darko is King
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Darko is King has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Rumors: Cavs & Kings

the lose of gooden would hurt.
Darko is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

I'd do it in a second. They'd be a better team. However, for them to be truly effective they need to dump Big Z and their Coach. They're the only people holding the Cavs back.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

it would not solve the problems. Bibby is injury prone and not a great distributor and not the best defender. Artest not a creative offensive player and a post player. Inside scoring and interior D would be weak. They might improve and maybe even make it to the ECF or finals but still lacking.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Cavs would improve a lot, in my opinion..but unless the Kings are bent on rebuilding and tanking, they don't do this.

Quote:
Bibby is injury prone and not a great distributor

Bibby doesn't need to be the distributor. He'd play like he did when Vlade and Webber was there. Rotate to open positions for LeBron to find him. As long as he takes care of the ball he's fine. Can't be any worse than Snow.

Quote:
Artest not a creative offensive player and a post player.

I don't think it really matters. He's not a good shooter, but he's scrappy and will be efficent at th end of the day. Much more so than Larry Hughes.

Quote:
Inside scoring and interior D would be weak.

It already is. Gooden isn't really that good of a defender.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Cavs fan here!

But does the money even match up?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Mamba that's a good point about Z and Mike Brown. If this trade makes us more of a half court team, I don't know if I would do this just for the sole reason I don't have faith in Mike Brown's coaching skills, but I'd probably give in get this trade done.

At each of the positions the Cavs are trading, they get a better player to replace them. Vajejo for Gooden....Bibby for Gibson....and Artest for Hughes. But would we run? That would would b m main question, tho.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Gibson is a good player and really young I wish we didn't have to give him up...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Would do this in a second, really a no-brainer, Hughes is useless and has an enourmous contract, Gooden is ok but nothing spectacular, and Gibson will be a decent starter at best.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Boobie might be a great player. Hes got such a pure stroke.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Trade isn't going to happen and everyone who says Artest/Hughes was even discussed is wrong. The deal discussed was Bibby/Thomas for Varejao/Gooden/filler with bad contracts. That's all I'm going to say right now, Cleveland said no but I'm happy because as much as Bibby's pissing me off lately I don't like Sideshow bob or Gooden at all.

Trust me on this one ok? Trade talks between Cavs/Kings have already died and who knows if they're resurrected or not(hope not, rather deal Mike to a team like Miami).
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Artest would play great with Lebron, then they can go home and make a CD together.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

UGh that sucks.

yeah cavs arn't going to give up AV.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
UGh that sucks.

yeah cavs arn't going to give up AV.

Call me crazy but Varejao is just going to be a rich man's Scot Pollard. I'm not too impressed by sideshow bob when I watch the Cavs. He seems to be really good at flopping though.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Call me crazy but Varejao is just going to be a rich man's Scot Pollard. I'm not too impressed by sideshow bob when I watch the Cavs. He seems to be really good at flopping though.

Larry Hughes is sideshow bob right?

But AV is gonna be good if he can put some muscle on. Plus you don't trade a big for a small.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: