Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #16
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trade Rumors: Cavs & Kings

Only Cavs changes i want to be made are Snow and Mike Brown. The rest of the team i just want to stay put for now but Snow is the only player that MUST go
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Why the hell would Sac want another mediocre PF when they already have a bunch of them. Our frontline is so soft, this would be a pointess move dumping Bibby and Artest, when we need to dump K-9's contract, and either resign Corliss or move him, and we still have Williams and SAR to deal with. Sac has to include one of their PF's because they don't need another one.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Varejao's pretty darn close to his ceiling.

He's 25, shown no significant improvement from his first year.

He's a good energy guy off the bench. Hustles and is physical, rebounds and plays defense.

Nice for the first big guy off the bench. That's about as good as he gets.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Did you see him in the playoffs vs detroit? TORE it up!

He will be the Cavs Starting PF next year. If we resign him of course ;)
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Trade isn't going to happen and everyone who says Artest/Hughes was even discussed is wrong. The deal discussed was Bibby/Thomas for Varejao/Gooden/filler with bad contracts. That's all I'm going to say right now, Cleveland said no but I'm happy because as much as Bibby's pissing me off lately I don't like Sideshow bob or Gooden at all.

Trust me on this one ok? Trade talks between Cavs/Kings have already died and who knows if they're resurrected or not(hope not, rather deal Mike to a team like Miami).
uhmm, you do know that you need over 8 mil of filler for this to happen? At least the other bogus trade works on salaries
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

If ferry can trade hughes!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #22
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Varejao's pretty darn close to his ceiling.

He's 25, shown no significant improvement from his first year.

He's a good energy guy off the bench. Hustles and is physical, rebounds and plays defense.

Nice for the first big guy off the bench. That's about as good as he gets.
Umm, are you sure he's 25? I could have sworn the guy was 23 or 24, at best. And your other spout about his game breakdown is incorrect as well. He's a easy 10/10 player with starter minutes.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #23
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

10/10 Sound about right, but hopefully he improves his post game so he can be a 15/10
Old 02-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #24
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

IMO the Kings aren't going to trade Bibby and Artest at the same time. Maybe Bibby and Kenny Thomas.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

wow...how can larry hughes can sideshow bob LOL its obviously AV practically identical, anyways, i think lebron is most effective at the 3 and getting ron artest would put him over at the 2. also, i like drew gooden's game, hes a big body and even though he isn't that great a defender, he still is an inside presence that can put the ball in the basket, without him Cleveland will be be starting who? regardless of who they start it will be a huge drop off. Mike Bibby is a horrible defender anyways. Bad trade for Cleveland in my opinion irrelevant trade for Kings they suck regardless
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #26
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
uhmm, you do know that you need over 8 mil of filler for this to happen? At least the other bogus trade works on salaries

There are multiple players on the cavs roster who could've been the filler. 2 of Snow/Pollard/Marshall/Newble would've worked.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
There are multiple players on the cavs roster who could've been the filler. 2 of Snow/Pollard/Marshall/Newble would've worked.
true, but would they really take snow at 6 mil or so? If you give up Gooden/AV and either Marshall or Pollard, I wonder about that frontcourt (as I think I said the other day in a similar thread).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #28
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Anderson Varejao #17 Forward

Born: Sep 28, 1982
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
Years Pro: 2
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #29
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For those who say Bibby isn't a distributor, you must've forgotten his early years. If his role is to take fewer shots and find teammates, he can do that.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #30
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected poster

Cleveland would do that in a second. They know the supporting cast they have around LeBron is not good enough, and they're not going to get any better of a package than that.

I don't really see why Sacramento would do it though. They could probably get more for Artest/Bibby.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: