Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far
Default AI to Boston?

From the Chicago Tribune:

Quote:
But the big deal floating around is Iverson to the Boston Celtics, Boozer to the 76ers and Szczerbiak to the Utah Jazz. Of course, more parts have to be included, though I couldn't see the 76ers dealing Iverson within their division, even if divisions are almost meaningless. Perhaps they cannot find a Western Conference trading partner.
LINK

I call BS on this one, but it would make my decade to have AI in Celtic green next year.

EDIT: It seems (after seeing that Jeff has updated the rumors page ) that the Boston Globe and the Philadelphia Daily News have also printed articles regarding an AI to Boston rumor. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they're simply referring to Sam Smith's article or if this rumor actually has legs.

Last edited by Put Back Dunk : 06-26-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

As long as Big Al and G^2 aren't involved, go for it.

Just a BS runor though.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Just a BS runor though.

Yup, I completely agree. And I could be wrong here, but isn't Sam Smith considered one of the biggest BS rumor reporters?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

iverson
green
pp
aljeff
perk

nice
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Just a BS runor though.
You would trade PP for AI?
The celtics would win the same games, why do it?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
You would trade PP for AI?
The celtics would win the same games, why do it?

I think Pierce not being involved in this "rumor" is a given because Wally would be the center piece for Utah.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
I think Pierce not being involved in this "rumor" is a given because Wally would be the center piece for Utah.
Then I can't see it happening. The sixers can get more than Boozer
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Right.

I wonder how AI would adjust to being 2nd for the first time?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Then I can't see it happening. The sixers can get more than Boozer

They definitely can get more than Boozer, and it's odd to think that they would have that big of an interest in Boozer to begin with. But with that whole "more parts have to be included" line it leaves the door open for the Celtics to include pick #7 and/or some of the young guys as well.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Even with PP and AI, the celtics wouldn't get far in the playoffs if Jefferson and Perkins keep playing like last year. They need more production from them.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

The C's should give Philly both their #1's in next year's draft. The C's dont need any more draft picks. That should seal it.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #12
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Even with PP and AI, the celtics wouldn't get far in the playoffs if Jefferson and Perkins keep playing like last year.

That's a huge "if" though. Both Al and Perk are working with Clifford Ray this offseason and Al apparently is finally getting himself in shape and also finally has some fire in him because he said recently that he feels he has to prove himself after what happened last year. Al has always had talent but being in shape and motivation were the two things Al lacked, before now. Even if you extend both of their numbers to about 30mpg their production would be pretty good, but combined with the work they're doing over the summer I'm not worried about them at all.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #13
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would the Sixers move AI for Boozer. They already have a PF who can't defend with a bloated contract. Why would they want another in exchange for their franchise player? At least Webber comes off the books sooner.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 06-26-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #14
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Doesnt look true. King wont trade Iverson to a division rival and i also dont see AI in a Celtics uniform.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #15
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

Aussie Outcast has an OK reputation so far

Doubt it would happen but if it does, boston could become my favourite team.
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: