Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #16
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Outcast
Doubt it would happen but if it does, boston could become my favourite team.

Yeah I really doubt the validity of the rumor, but three different newspapers report on it from different aspects so their might be something there.

IF (again, a huge "if") there is any possible deal that has been talked about where AI ends up in Boston in a three-way trade like that I would imagine that it would hinge on someone that the Sixers want in the draft dropping to the Celtics at #7, so we would take whoever that is and throw him into the deal.

The Sixers really wouldn't be in a completely awful situation if they traded Iverson in this kind of a deal if you think about it. Boozer, Iguodala, Dalembert, Korver, and whoever it is that they want at pick #7 plus whoever they get at #13 to rebuild with isn't that bad. Also, Webber's deal the following year would be worth $22 million and expiring, so you would either have some great trade bait or a good amount of cap/luxury tax relief.

Still though, you'd have to think that they could do better than Boozer and #7.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
As long as Big Al and G^2 aren't involved, go for it.
Que? You should be jumping up and down to trade those lowly crotchsniffing benchriders for Allen Arguably the Best Guard in Basketball Iverson.

Celtic fans... they could get Allen *****ing Iverson and they're bemoaning the loss of 4-Fingers the Lazy ***** and Al 45ppg in HS, 4 in the pros Jefferson. Christ.

The best part is you probably won't have to lose both players. Maybe one... but not both. Hopefully yall keep Jefferson because you really don't need Gerald Green. Both players might be superstars but will probably just be Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Magloire-level players. You really in on this one if you can keep Jefferson though. But it's not like he's a dealbreaker if you have the chance to trade Wally Scissors for Allen Iverson.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not commenting on the trade here, just asking how you know that Gerald Green is lazy. Because it sounds like you're just talking out of your ass. Again.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #19
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Que? You should be jumping up and down to trade those lowly crotchsniffing benchriders for Allen Arguably the Best Guard in Basketball Iverson.
Yeah, I'd agree if Iverson were 26, but he's 31. He'd be very nice to get but keep the big picture in mind. How many prime years does he have left, 3?

The Celts can trade Wally and draft picks. And maybe one of our auxilliary youths (like, perhaps Delonte if they draft Marcus Williams, just for example.) Definately not our gems. That would NOT be good.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #20
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Celtic fans... they could get Allen *****ing Iverson and they're bemoaning the loss of 4-Fingers the Lazy ***** and Al 45ppg in HS, 4 in the pros Jefferson. Christ.
1. Gerald is about as far as you can get from lazy, given how hard he worked last season, including two stints in the D league.

2. When Al was healthy last year he averaged 12 ppg and 8 rpg in about 22 mpg. The kid is for real and only getting better.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #21
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hope not hes tha heart of Phillie
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #22
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Do it Danny!
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #23
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Wow. Celtics fans don't want to trade GG or Al Jeff for Iverson. Im floored.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 AM   #24
Unregistered

Default zappafan34

Iverson to Boston, Iverson to Boston, Iverson to Boston, Iverson to Boston.

Please god, let this happen, He can't be number 3 in Beantown, What number will he wear? When can I get my AI Celts jersey?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #25
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Boozer and Webber on the same team? That's not gonna work.

I also don't think an AI/Paul Pierce combo would work out that well. AI needs the ball too much and he would take away from Pierce's effectiveness on the offensive end of the floor.

I don't like this trade.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #26
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I like this trade...

How would KG/AI work out if AI can't work with Pierce. I think they would complement each other nicely on the offensive end, making both their jobs easier.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #27
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default A.I. to Boston

Yeah like A.I. would fit in that racist town. The Globe would tear him a new azzhole every night
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #28
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

gee wiz is my new favorite poster. i read the top comments, scrolled down to post, and he pretty much said what i wanted to: WHY are celtics fans saying things like "oh not for Big Al" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS IS AI! THE ANSWER! you wouldn't incluse al freaking jefferson in a trade for him? you're nuts, absolutely nuts, coimpletely brainwahed by potential, length, and upside. Somewhere Bill Simmons is crying.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #29
usama123
The Answer!

usama123 has decent reputationusama123 has decent reputation

Quote:
I wonder how AI would adjust to being 2nd for the first time?

i dont think that AI would be 2nd. They probally will move pierce to the 2nd but for the game winning shot it will prob be PP
usama123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:59 AM   #30
Unregistered

Default zappafan34

Has Iverson ever played with a formidable second option? Ladies and Gentlemen, the answer is NO. Atleast not the caliber of Paul Pierce who is now in his prime. Let us DieHard loser Celtics fans have something to cheer about. Think of our pain. LaFrentz, Scalabrine, is Vin Baker still collectin money from us? We could do very well in our train wreck of a division with the Truth, the Answer, and my man DWest.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: