Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #31
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have clearly stated why the C's should not trade AJ or GG. Iverson is 31. The C's cannot be in the business of throwing away their young talent. They did that in the past (Joe Johnson, Chauncey Billups, etc) and hopefully learned from it.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #32
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

didnt u get to terminate vin's contract because he was always hitting the bottle? i don't think ur paying him.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #33
jamal
crawford, mashburn

johnny sic you have lost your mind. 1)Joe johnson, you traded him for RODNEY ROGERS AND TONY DELK. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON. WAKE UP.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #34
Unregistered

Default zappafan34

I will personally buy plane tickets to Philly for whoever is leaving town, as long as we get Iverson. Does Anybody really care about our beloved Celts in Boston anymore? not really, we're a dying fan base, We need this.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #35
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON. WAKE UP.
Doesn't matter.

I've been following the team for 20 years and have watched them blow it up and start over half a dozen times. I'm not gonna sit and watch then throw away their future now that there finally is one, then wait another ten years for something new to deveop. NO WAY.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #36
jamal
crawford, mashburn

ai and PP on the same team? i dont thaink you'd have to wait ten years bruh.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #37
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm not gonna sit and watch then throw away their future now that there finally is one, then wait another ten years for something new to deveop. NO WAY.

The only prospect on the Celtics I would absolutely not let go is Gerald Green. Jefferson and Perkins should be expendable. These guys just don't look like anything you can't replace in the future.

Regardless, getting Iverson is not the answer (pun unintended) for the Celtics. Trading Pierce is better than trading for Iverson.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #38
Unregistered

As of Last year, Vin Baker still collected 5 million dollars from the celts. Danny has made some pretty damn good draft picks, but now there are certainly some pieces in place that don't need to be moved (DWest, AL, Gerald, Perk), and some that can be moved (Wally, Tony Allen, Orien Greene....). If Lafrentz contract ever runs out in the next couple of years, they'll still have cap space for another solid Vet, and think of the youngsters with two more years + Pierce+the ageless AI. He doesn't miss games, he plays through everything. The only other player like that........PAULPIERCE.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:14 PM   #39
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
ai and PP on the same team? i dont thaink you'd have to wait ten years bruh.
AI and PP would be a nice combo for a few years, but then they'll get old and you're left with no future.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #40
Unregistered

If Pierce and AI are the scorers, and the defense tightens up with the young guys knowing thier roles as supporting cast. The pressure comes off Al and Gerald to possibly become these great superstars that they're supposed to become (I don't know about Jefferson becoming a superstar). The celts did the same thing with Paul and Antione, and thats with Antoine shooting 20 three's a game from forty feet out. This move would be a garunteed division title (nothing that great), and a serious run in another year at the East title.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For me it would depend on how Al's doing right now. If we're only going by last year, I'd trade Al and Gerald for Iverson without giving it much thought at all. If, however, Al is showing great strides in his workouts with Clifford Ray, maybe you say no.

But the (not going to happen) trade would actually be based on Wally (and probably our and Utah's draft pick ending up in Philly along with Boozer). So this is all useless speculation piled on useless speculation; irrelevence squared.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

This would make my week... Seriously... AI and PP... good times... That's why it's not going to happen.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #43
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Yeah like A.I. would fit in that racist town. The Globe would tear him a new azzhole every night

What the hell? (Inserts correct 26.7%) of the population is black, you moron.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 06-26-2006 at 12:55 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
What the hell? 65% of the population is black, you moron.
26.7%.
But he's still a moron.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #45
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My thinking has always been that you don't trade quality youth unless what you get back makes you a title contender, and I don't think Iverson would make that team a title contender. Although this is a lot of fuss for an unsubstantiated addition to an unsubstantiated rumor that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to begin with.

And the first African American coach of a major US sports team coached in which city?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: