Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far
Default Wade has had 3 bad shooting games this season,3.

He's played 13 total and shot under 40 3 times. The other 10 games he's played great in 5 and average in the the rest. People that don't have fox miami don't know he's played fine because they've only watched the big games on TNT and espn. This guy will be averaging 23 ppg by seasons end. the overreaction threads are rediculous. He's been horrid in 3 games, that's it.hes coming off an injury as well. People saying he's lost lift arent watching all his games. ill agree that his shot is worse then ever but he's been fine in every other aspect the majority of what he's played, he's taking 3 less shots this season so once he raises that maybe you guys that just rate him on ppg will be happy,idiots..
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wade has had 3 bad shooting games this season,3.

That may be the case for some, but it's more than just the numbers for me. It's the way he's playing when he's out there. It was like this last season: he would still get his numbers, but he didn't have that same explosion or consistency he's known for. He would look lethargic and disinterested. There would be lots of ugly jumpers and when he would drive, it was like he was trying to draw fouls more than make shots (maybe you could argue he's always been like that). But regardless, D Wade isn't on top of his game right now. Maybe he's injured, coasting, etc. But that's the truth.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Knocking Wade's been the trendy thing to do since he hit the scene. Especially today, when the NBA fanbase is split between guys who like Kobe and LeBron, both camps of which have a vested interest in him falling off the map.

Now as a Wade stan I'll be the first to admit I'm disappointed with his start to the season (especially given the hype after his procedure), but I'm not terribly worried about him being 'done'; he's always been a slow starter (yeah yeah I know, it's played out, but still very true). As you mentioned his shots aren't falling, though the bigger issue to me at the moment is what I perceive as a lack of hustle/effort (he also could be hiding an injury, I suppose).

Hopefully he gets back on track ASAP!
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

The problem is that you can't always just "turn it on" when you need it. As a player ages, that ability becomes harder and harder and then sometimes you go to flip the switch and it doesn't happen. As a player ages they need to focus/work on it that much harder for that specific reason. This may or may not be the year that switch doesn't turn on but he needs to get his head in the game. His team is going to need him to come up big if they want to repeat.

Just like Pau for the Lakers

Last edited by lakerspng : 12-07-2012 at 10:20 AM.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's still a good player but he's supposed to be a great player. That 18ppg won't cut it in the playoffs. I'm not saying he's done but whatever's holding him back better be corrected.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's still a good player but he's supposed to be a great player. That 18ppg won't cut it in the playoffs. I'm not saying he's done but whatever's holding him back better be corrected.

I think 18ppg would be okay if he would stop complaining to the refs and jogging towards 3 point shooters on defense. If the Heat can play the type of defense they played last year in the playoffs they are fine. Just play world-class defense.

Their offense should literally be:

1. LBJ / Bosh pick and roll
2. LBJ / Bosh pick and pop
3. LBJ post up / LBJ iso at top of key
4. Wade post up
5. Anyone else / Bosh screen
6. Bosh iso from 18 feet away
7. Ray Allen 3 pointer off curl

Wade should NEVER iso. He's been horrible this season because he can't take guys off the dribble. So whenever he isolates, it ends up being a terrible fade-away shot.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

He needs to be evaluated after the all star game. I didn't expect him to go all out after his surgery. He probably feels that the other 2 can carry the team with 3rd option contributions from him as the season goes on.

He's obviously pacing himself a bit. But he's still not where he wants to be either.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Alter Ego
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Alter Ego has an OK reputation so far

http://youtu.be/ePZAj9ffagA

I'll take this wade, instead.

Tell me he hasn't dropped off at all? Bullshit.

The guy used to be trying to get better than LeBron..
Now he's his little side kick.

Man I wish Miami would have developed Beasley and he turned into that superstar 4 they expected. And wade would have been a stud.

That would have been a nice duo to see compete in the east. Too bad beasly sucks and wade is old.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
That may be the case for some, but it's more than just the numbers for me. It's the way he's playing when he's out there. It was like this last season: he would still get his numbers, but he didn't have that same explosion or consistency he's known for. He would look lethargic and disinterested. There would be lots of ugly jumpers and when he would drive, it was like he was trying to draw fouls more than make shots (maybe you could argue he's always been like that). But regardless, D Wade isn't on top of his game right now. Maybe he's injured, coasting, etc. But that's the truth.
This.

It's not as much about his stats as how he looks on the court.

He doesn't seem to be the same athletically and seems at times apathetic, settling for jumpers and seemingly not playing at full intensity.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: