Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 'Extended workouts' after losses are such BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
the extended workout is not intended to hone one's game but to let frustration out. guess you never played competitive sport before huh?

Not 100% True..

- great shooters often times shoot before and after the games.....they can practice in game scenarios...and practice in games situations to keep thier game/shot fresh in thier head...or in rythme

- It definatley is to make thier games better.....Reggie, MJ , Bird Kobe etc...etc...all echo that.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

I'm a firm believer in practice and off-season preparation.

Those are essential.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation

At the very least, it sets an example to your teammates.

This is a great leadership tactic by Lebron. Even though he performed extremely well, he's still practicing after. Hopefully, this encourages his teammates to practice more.
scm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
bond10
Serious playground baller

bond10 has not been impressing people

If you have enough energy for a postgame extended workout, then you obviously half-assed the game.
bond10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #21
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10
If you have enough energy for a postgame extended workout, then you obviously half-assed the game.

I was thinking the same thing. However, I think NBA players like LeBron have great stamina. There's a lot of sports where people do cool down workouts. I used to jog like 2 laps after my 1600m race in track.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
You never played on a team sport? After Hockey games if I do not perform well I will get a few buddies and go to another rink to practice.

Nothing wrong with taking a loss seriously.

I agree. Wen i played bball in high school and i had a bad game i would go to a local gym after that game and practice.i would envision the team i just lost to and try to correct the wrongs i made. The extended workout is not about making yourself look cool or for your stans to admire you. Its more holding yourself accountable for what transpired during the game and also a great way yo blow off steam. Before i started doing my "extended workouts" i would be so mad after a loss on a few occasions i cussed out my own family members. Losing mad me such a horrible person to be around. After i channeled that angry into a extended workout i was able to keep my composure and it made me a better player and person.
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

The wrong guy did an extended workout, too!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
Nothing wrong with taking a loss seriously.

True, but the guy put up 31, 10, and 9 while his sidekick stunk up all game long! Guess which one should be doing an extended workout?
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

It has more to do with hating the defeat and doing something about it immediatly more than actually helping/phony thing.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10

That's ridiculous. 40 minutes of basketball with a long half time and rests every 30 damn seconds for timeouts and whistles is not difficult whatsoever.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
It has more to do with hating the defeat and doing something about it immediatly more than actually helping/phony thing.

This.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: