Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Is it pointless arguing you with your gf?

It doesn't matter if you put forth a coherent and logical argument. If you're in an argument with them and start listening to what they're saying

....they either

A) repeat themselves
B) start speaking nonsense

Anyone else have this problem?
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is it pointless arguing you with your gf?

it's the same thing as talking to religous fundamentalists, dogmatic people of any creed, or persistent children with a small scope of the world.

there's no point.

you're better off hurling personal insults until they give up crying

it's kinda interesting to view their thought process in retrospect. every single sin and mistake you've done is highlighted, emphasized, and capitalized and all the good stuff is forgotten.

crazy.

nowadays i just assume that it's never the issue she literally talks about, it's just some frustration mixed with some hormonal bs mixed with some attempt at gaining hand and it's gotta be vented someway somehow even at the most irrelevant, miniscule thing. frankly, i do the same thing (few people can really pinpoint their sources of distress, jealous of ishers with mature, low-maintenance gf's)

i read somewhere children (3-5) don't know what bothers them and often time if they're hungry (yet don't feel like asking for food) they'll start screaming about how dirty the floor is or how a neighbor never gets what they want, even though that's just a secondary angst. think its similar with many gfs

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 12-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah, 9 times out of 10 you are better off agreeing even if you know she is wrong

But when I have to put my foot down, I put that shit down...no, you're not speaking above me, don't even fckin try it woman.

every now and then you have to remind them who has the dick

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 12-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah, 9 times out of 10 you are better off agreeing even if you know she is wrong

But when I have to put my foot down, I put that shit down...no, you're not speaking above me, don't even fckin try it woman.

every now and then you have to remind them who has the dick

the thing i resent the most is that if you do give in, she'll start doing it more and more and more often. it's like when it comes to these arguments, politeness and cordiality are signs of weakness.

and the one time i went extra aggressive and started punching walls and screaming.. they calmed down shortly after. and stopped for a while. but i'm nervous because you never know if she's really relaxed or it's passively aggressively done outta fear like when kate winslet was the perfect housewife when she really despised leo d in revolutionary road.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
nowadays i just assume that it's never the issue she literally talks about, it's just some frustration mixed with some hormonal bs mixed with some attempt at gaining hand and it's gotta be vented someway somehow even at the most irrelevant, miniscule thing.
you're trying to make sense of it...waste of time, don't even bother
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
you're trying to make sense of it...waste of time, don't even bother

bro, i'[m an analytical nerd at heart. i gotta use deductive reasoning to try to come to some conclusion. even psychos have a method to their madness.

i think it's time we stop dubbing women, bigfoot, the universe, afterlife, origins of homosexuality, why we hurt the ones we love, why stupid childish humor makes us laugh mirthily, and cancer "mysteries" and bust out the magnifying lens and handydandy notebook and get crackalackin as to why

there has to be a reason for random outbursts. ( ps this applies to emotional men as and excludes rational women.)

My spidey senses say it's
a) they're bored and need to feel some kinda indignation
b) someone else caused them emotional pain and they need to take it out on someone safe and reliable. (I've heard many stories of girls getting hurt by someone they're afraid of and taking it out on their husbands or smaller girls)
c) falling outta love and need to harass u to see if ull keep ur cool
d) some pms bullsh!t mixed in with dehydration and a bad diet
e) did something wrong and can't take the guilt so it's a matter of projecting your personal shame onto others

any other thoughts? and how to find healthy alternatives to assauge these..

tahts skratchin the surface.. gotta probe deeper for the betterment of man-women relations lol. too many peolple of both genders hate on the other gender wayy too much nowadays.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 12-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
the thing i resent the most is that if you do give in, she'll start doing it more and more and more often. it's like when it comes to these arguments, politeness and cordiality are signs of weakness.

and the one time i went extra aggressive and started punching walls and screaming.. they calmed down shortly after. and stopped for a while. but i'm nervous because you never know if she's really relaxed or it's passively aggressively done outta fear like when kate winslet was the perfect housewife when she really despised leo d in revolutionary road.
it's a delicate situation...they need to know there is some alpha inside you or they will walk all over you, but you can't over do it or it could do actual damage to the relationship
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
bro, i'[m an analytical nerd at heart. i gotta use deductive reasoning to try to come to some conclusion. even psychos have a method to their madness.

i think it's time we stop dubbing women, bigfoot, the universe, afterlife, origins of homosexuality, why we hurt the ones we love, why stupid childish humor makes us laugh mirthily, and cancer "mysteries" and bust out the magnifying lens and handydandy notebook and get crackalackin as to why

there has to be a reason for random outbursts.
well good luck with that...let me know if you discover anything
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Is it pointless arguing you with your gf?"

The title of this thread gave me a good laugh.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
well good luck with that...let me know if you discover anything

see thats why i like u prime.

one day you'll be vehemently arguing about olive garden foods being prepared from scratch,

and the next day you welcome open-minded discussions about the nature of life after biological equilibrium

thats class

I honestly wonder though...I'm familiar with two periods where man and women were.. for the most part in marital harmony (or it seemed so tehy could've been angry on the inside but ehh im alright at reading microexpressions so they seemed on content)

The
Taliban
and
1950's Christian America
and
arranged oldschool European marriages

First one strips women of all rights and uses tactics of extreme fear and extreme social shaming.. everyone gets along

The second one is where conformity was king and the nuclear family and golden age of television and appliances (vacuum, sink, car) just came into popularity so it seemed wives were very happy with the reduced workload from one generation before

The third one has the dude and the gal joining together as PARTNERS for a bigger, MROE ENcompASSING MISSION which is the continuation of civilization through an ordered reign and a division of laobr

and then you've got the matriarchal civilzaiotns
the chinese and african ones and iceland and sweden
where guys are lazy fukks
and there's free love
and stuff

i wonder.. where america is headed
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You have to argue sometimes to show that you care. Don't underestimate make-up sex either, especially if you've been with someone a long time.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

we need to be somewhere between right now and the 1950s

we need to family nucleus of the 50s mixed with women's rights of today...in the 50s women were scared of divorce, it was very taboo, a major no-no...today divorce happens the minute the wife witnesses the husband fart.

in the 50s families stayed together...the children came first...something about that was the right way to do it...men and women both knew there place...everything functioned propery, unfortunately, women had little say in anything.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You have to argue sometimes to show that you care. Don't underestimate make-up sex either, especially if you've been with someone a long time.

You're gonna have your arguments... but most of times it's only because you forget that you'll never win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M902ZJHzaLE
When you wake up in the morning you should look into the mirror and say "F*CK YOU!!!!!!!! Now let's go out there and try to make this b*tch happy."

In this video he explains how pointless it really is.

WATCH THE VIDEO.... Learn the truth.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
It doesn't matter if you put forth a coherent and logical argument. If you're in an argument with them and start listening to what they're saying

....they either

A) repeat themselves
B) start speaking nonsense

Anyone else have this problem?

People often start repeating themselves when they don't feel heard. Maybe you should be a better listener and show her that you hear her.

And no, I've never had that experience with a girlfriend. We may disagree, but if you communicate clearly, I do not have problems with A or B.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
"Is it pointless arguing you with your gf?"

The title of this thread gave me a good laugh.

Seriously. And it is that attitude that is probably making the arguments completely unproductive.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: