Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Anyone going to see Django Unchained on Christmas?

I've never been to a movie before on Christmas but I'm really tempted to go this year. I LOVE Tarantino. The man's movie posters are hanging up on my wall. This looks great. I've yet to see a Tarantino movie that I haven't loved. Even Death Proof.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone going to see Django Unchained on Christmas?

Probably just a day or 2 later.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Previews looked mediocre. I was really hoping Tarantino could restrain himself and make a great traditionalist Western, but unfortunately it looks like it's going to be infused with his usual tricks. I guess that's what makes him great, so we'll see what happens. Could surprise me.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll see it. Not on Christmas.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Previews looked mediocre. I was really hoping Tarantino could restrain himself and make a great traditionalist Western, but unfortunately it looks like it's going to be infused with his usual tricks. I guess that's what makes him great, so we'll see what happens. Could surprise me.

Thank god for that. I like traditional westerns too, but Tarantino films are my favorite because of his "usual tricks," so I would be disappointed if it didn't feel like a QT film.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Thank god for that. I like traditional westerns too, but Tarantino films are my favorite because of his "usual tricks," so I would be disappointed if it didn't feel like a QT film.
I guess. I wish he would be more subtle sometimes.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I think the most "mature" movie you're going to get from Tarantino is Jackie Brown.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I've never been to a movie before on Christmas but I'm really tempted to go this year. I LOVE Tarantino. The man's movie posters are hanging up on my wall. This looks great. I've yet to see a Tarantino movie that I haven't loved. Even Death Proof.
Is that the one where the psycho Kurt Russell is driving around killing women who bore you to death talking like they're in "Joy Luck Club?" I hated that movie, stopped watching halfway through.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Yeah, that's the one. I'll admit that's his weakest movie but I still loved it. Kurt Russell + Quentin Tarantino = badass.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I guess. I wish he would be more subtle sometimes.

I'll leave that for other directors.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Yeah I'll probably catch it day after. Looks like it will be great.

I think when you consider how unlike the trailer Inglourious Basterds was I halfway expect just about anything to happen.

Also I'm not sure wth this movie really has to do with Django or why Tarrantino is apparently completely obsessed with movies with Django in the title that have nothing to with Django...
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

All Tarantino movies are mandatory viewing for me.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #13
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

probably not till after new year, but watching it for sure
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'll leave that for other directors.
Most other directions don't have QT's talent. It's not necessary for him to turn everything into Kill Bill; I realize that's his niche but he is talented enough to make a great film without all the Tarantino cliches, and it's one I would love to see. No need to act as if the only way QT could make a classic is by doing shit that he's already done five times before.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last year I went out Chrismas night, after meeting up with the family, and saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, then went for a drive to see The Artist.

I'll probably go check this out too on Christmas day.

Theatres are usually crowded with the Jewish community, which most C&Eers don't realize.

He should've released Basterds on Christmas, between the already busy Jew Movie going community, and the material, he'dve set opening day records.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: