Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #31
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nash, a career 90% FT shooter, offers D12 some pointers and ignores it

The ship has sailed for Dwight Howard. He's done improving.

Luckily for the Lakers, that doesn't stop him from being one of the best basketball players in the world.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #32
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nash, a career 90% FT shooter, offers D12 some pointers and ignores it

I bet Howard is probably a pretty decent free throw shooter in a gym by himself. I hear the guys that shoot in the mid 70's and 80's virtually never miss free throws in practice. It could be mental like how Howard said. He has decent form but his follow through looks robotic. He's too stiff.

I don't think Nash could help this guy at all. I'm a pretty good free throw shooter myself. I made 50 in a row a while back. I tried to teach my friend some pointers and he didn't do any better than the way he was shooter before. My friend is a pretty good shooter too. That free throw line can be totally mental.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #33
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
He could learn to shoot the ball underhand and be above 50% in a week.

True but the problem is:

a) It doesn't look cool.
b) Nobody else in the world is doing it so he'll look like an idiot.
c) It doesn't look cool.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #34
swe_suns
Serious playground baller

swe_suns has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Okay, even still, Nash may be one of the best FT shooters of all time, but that doesn't mean he would know how to teach someone how to do it.

And Nash is 6'3. Dwight is 7 foot with huge hands. Very different. It's cool Nash was trying to help, but he's not a free throw shooting coach.

Yes but if there is one player he should listen to it's probably nash (or someone with Dwight's size that is actually good at shooting freethrows).
swe_suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #35
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

I have seen Nash in the past improve his team mates free throw percents. He is definitely a free throw coach and a coach all around. Point guards are really on court coaches. It's a damn shame Dwight isn't open to coaching on areas where hes weak. Truly sad.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #36
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LA BABy
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #37
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

What a f*cking dumbass piece of shit with no desire to improve. LISTEN TO A GOAT FREETHROW SHOOTER AND DO WHATEVER THE HELL HE SAYS.

Dwight bends his legs, waits to seconds, then just throws up a prayer with his arms. No point to bend your legs at all if you shoot like that. No power generated from his legs, its always random from his arms. It is really embarrassing to watch his freethrows.

DO WHAT NASH TELLS YOU YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT! He's 2 time MVP!

Dwight is a born loser
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #38
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

"I just have to go up there and shoot it my way and not get caught up in what everybody else is saying, because that's when I miss."

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

You miss because your way is wrong!

Look at this piece of shit! He is blaming everyone else for him missing! He only misses when he gets caught up with what everyone says. It's not his fault he misses! It's everyone elses!

Dwight's thinking is completely off here.

If your way hasn't been working for your entire career, THEN TRY SOMEONE ELSE'S WAY.

People can't keep using the "he's young, he'll improve" excuse. He doesn't want to improve, or work on new technique, therefore he won't improve.

He has the mindset of a failure. He is not a laker. He is never going to be a great player. Let him walk.

Criticize Shaq all you want but he was right about D12.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #39
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
The difference is he is playing for the lakers and its showing how much of a pussy dwight is, he is so scared of the pressure you can see it on his face. I bet this goofball thought hollywood would be all fun and games. Can't wait to hear what kobe has to say if he keeps this up for 10-20 more games
You can tell Kobe really wants to call him out but is being really diplomatic in his old age because he knows the FO thinks Dwight is the future of the franchise. Also I think Kobe doesnt want more people saying he drives other stars out of town.

You can tell how much Dwights attitude pisses him off but he's holding it in. Can't hold it in forever.

Nash probably isn't impressed at his advice being brushed away instantly from some scrub D12, considering he's a 2x MVP and one of the best freethrow shooters ever.

Dwight is just a big immature baby. Let him walk.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #40
Dagouch
12th Man of the Year.

Dagouch has an OK reputation so far

Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

It's official now.
Dagouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
Tmuston Beltics
Local High School Star

Tmuston Beltics has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
True but the problem is:

a) It doesn't look cool.
b) Nobody else in the world is doing it so he'll look like an idiot.
c) It doesn't look cool.

his current ft% makes him look like an idiot
Tmuston Beltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #42
necya
Local High School Star

necya has an OK reputation so far

child reaction
necya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #43
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
He could learn to shoot the ball underhand and be above 50% in a week.

It's not that easy. I've tried shooting underhand free throws at the gym, I could not get a consistent rotation.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #44
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
LA BABy
Dwight is such a joke lol

Why is Davis called "Big Baby" and Howard not called "Biggest Baby"?
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i can't think of many other sports where so many of the top players lag so much (to put it politely) on their fundamental technique. that, and are so resistant to learn / change.

probably not the majority, but the ones that stand out REALLY stand out. it's something that's always brought the NBA down in my eyes, even though it's still one of my favorites. but at times it feels like a circus full of clowns who think of themselves as dramatic actors.

After just watching the latest Javale McGee goof, I couldn't agree with you more.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: