Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #16
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Finally Lets Admit.....EDDY CURRY IS OVERRATED

Agreed.

People talk about his poor free throws.

How many big men like him shoot well from the foul line?

Very few......Shaq never did. Wilt didn't as far as I remember......even Duncan has his problems.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Last year it seemed as though you were right. But Curry has made a lot of progress and shown that he has heart and consistency. He is averaging 19+ and 7 now. His being snubbed for the All-Star game could motivate him more.

I expect him to become one of the top 3 centers in the NBA.

He is just learning the game. Next year I expect him to average about 20 and 10. He will improve his free throws and passing somewhat.

The real key will be how he learns to defend. If he progresses on D next year as much as he progressed on offence this year, he could become one of the best -- if not the best after Shack retires.

There are only a handful of good centers in the NBA. If Curry can pick up his rebounding by only 3 per game and play D next year -- how many will be better than Curry?

so if let's say Jermaine O'neal became available would you trade Curry for him?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #18
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Ask yourself if the Knicks will be better with both Curry of Marbury gone.

I think about it all the time I'm not gonna lie...and everyone might bash me for it but i feel if we trade Eddy and release or gain salary cap non playin bums for Marbury it would be best for the team.

What would bring more wins? Eddy givin us 20 and 6 or 7 rebounds everyday OR Frye,Lee,Quentin, Jamal, Nate, and Balkman playin team ball and movin it around and playing team defense...
If you trade Eddy for a pg and/or defensive 1 that play team ball we would have a playoff team...
I personally believe that Eddy gettin the ball so much hurts sometimes cuz da kid can't pass or handle da ball at all.

Ok this guy has been in da league for 6 years now..if he was gonna be GREAT and DOMINANT he would of done that already...I can name PLENTY of high schoolers that develop faster then him and im confident to say...THAT NONE OF THEM ARE MORE TALENTED THEN EDDY CURRY...but guess what...the game is more then physical and thats what he lacks...
Amare,Dwight,Garnett,Moses Malone,Shawn Kemp,Rashard Lewis,Jermaine O'neil ALL are/were great players by the time they were 24, and guess what.....THEY ALL CAME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. Oh yeh for all u guys lookin up on JO bein great at 24...remember that he didnt play when he first came out till he was lik 20. Eddy was placed to start since he was 18 so he had da time and chance to progress.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Ok this guy has been in da league for 6 years now..if he was gonna be GREAT and DOMINANT he would of done that already...I can name PLENTY of high schoolers that develop faster then him and im confident to say...THAT NONE OF THEM ARE MORE TALENTED THEN EDDY CURRY...but guess what...the game is more then physical and thats what he lacks...
Amare,Dwight,Garnett,Moses Malone,Shawn Kemp,Rashard Lewis,Jermaine O'neil ALL are/were great players by the time they were 24, and guess what.....THEY ALL CAME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. Oh yeh for all u guys lookin up on JO bein great at 24...remember that he didnt play when he first came out till he was lik 20. Eddy was placed to start since he was 18 so he had da time and chance to progress.

Amare doesn't have to guard the opposing Center like Curry does. Marion does it for him. No argument.
Dwight is as bad offensively as Curry is defensively. No argument.
Malone is a HOF. No Argument.
Kemp and Lewis are forwards
Jermaine O'neal does almost everything well.

Curry never got groomed in Chi, just like O'neal rode pine in Portland. Chi is known for guard play not big man training. Curry has the training now and while I won't say he is top 5 just yet, by seasons end he very well could be up there.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #20
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Amare doesn't have to guard the opposing Center like Curry does. Marion does it for him. No argument.
Dwight is as bad offensively as Curry is defensively. No argument.
Malone is a HOF. No Argument.
Kemp and Lewis are forwards
Jermaine O'neal does almost everything well.

Curry never got groomed in Chi, just like O'neal rode pine in Portland. Chi is known for guard play not big man training. Curry has the training now and while I won't say he is top 5 just yet, by seasons end he very well could be up there.

Ok how can u say he wasnt groomed? lol the guy was playin everyday...if he showed improvement and played well...guess what this team would be revolved around him right now but he never showed it.

It doesnt matter what position u play..if ur a dead beat your a dead beat. at the 2 or 5.
Oh yeh Amare is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Curry defensively ive seen the kid get 4 or 5 blocks on a random day..i can add that for Curry in a month and not get that production even tho hes gaurding the centers. so that whole arguement doesnt make sense.Curry can't gaurd da 4 cuz da sucka is too slow..Amare is quick enough.
Lewis and Kemp are/were studs and play well..at da 3,4, or 5 lol cmon man....And your right JO rode da pine in portland but guess what Curry didnt in Chitown...so that statement is also wrong.

I dont mind Curry he is incredibly talented prolly da most IVE EVER SEEN...but u know what da guy aint cutting it.

OK THIS IS MY FAVORITE...How is Howard on offense is just as bad as Eddy is on defense??? The kid averages 16 a game..that is above average for a center...SO your tellin me that 16 pts. for a center today on offense is like a center that is 285 lbs and 6 11 gets 7 rebounds and NO blocks a game lol cmon man u gotta come better then that.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Ok how can u say he wasnt groomed? lol the guy was playin everyday...if he showed improvement and played well...guess what this team would be revolved around him right now but he never showed it.

It doesnt matter what position u play..if ur a dead beat your a dead beat. at the 2 or 5.
Oh yeh Amare is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Curry defensively ive seen the kid get 4 or 5 blocks on a random day..i can add that for Curry in a month and not get that production even tho hes gaurding the centers. so that whole arguement doesnt make sense.Curry can't gaurd da 4 cuz da sucka is too slow..Amare is quick enough.
Lewis and Kemp are/were studs and play well..at da 3,4, or 5 lol cmon man....And your right JO rode da pine in portland but guess what Curry didnt in Chitown...so that statement is also wrong.

I dont mind Curry he is incredibly talented prolly da most IVE EVER SEEN...but u know what da guy aint cutting it.

OK THIS IS MY FAVORITE...How is Howard on offense is just as bad as Eddy is on defense??? The kid averages 16 a game..that is above average for a center...SO your tellin me that 16 pts. for a center today on offense is like a center that is 285 lbs and 6 11 gets 7 rebounds and NO blocks a game lol cmon man u gotta come better then that.

What was the reason for quoting me? I never said Curry was better than Amare. Some else did. The part of the Chi thing. They don't have a big man coach there. That's fact. I never Curry was top 5, but if you don't see improvement in his offense commanding double and triples, and he don't foul out every game, you are blind. The guy has improved. We want him to be Shaq. He isn't Shaq, but he has gotten better than he was.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Yes he's gotten better, he couldn't get much worse.

But as a center in the NBA there are certain other requirements other than scoring for the team you are playing for to be successful.

Those other things mean, defense, help defense, clogging the lane, rebounding, shot blocking, passing especially the outlet pass after a defensive rebound and defensive intimidation.

I have not seem any of these thing done or done on a consistent basis.

That's why the other teams get away with triple teams. He doesn't hit the cutter. So let him score 25 points, I would let him, but shut down everybody else. I would not want "MY" bigs in foul trouble guarding him.

The bottom line is that the Knicks are a below .500 team and the other teams have figured out how to beat us most of the time.

WHY?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
so if let's say Jermaine O'neal became available would you trade Curry for him?

No, Eddy Curry is 23-24 years old and he's considered one of the best centers in the league right now. Yes O'neil is young but not like Curry. Jermaine can score to but i would take Curry's scoring in a heartbeat.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
No, Eddy Curry is 23-24 years old and he's considered one of the best centers in the league right now. Yes O'neil is young but not like Curry. Jermaine can score to but i would take Curry's scoring in a heartbeat.

Now I'm confused. Curry averages somewhere around 20 a game. So does O'neal. O'neal also get over 10 boards and get over 2 blocks a game. You just want his 20 points. Man I would help Eddy pack for Jermaine O'neal. Eddy has improved, but I got to be realistic.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Yes he's gotten better, he couldn't get much worse.

But as a center in the NBA there are certain other requirements other than scoring for the team you are playing for to be successful.

Those other things mean, defense, help defense, clogging the lane, rebounding, shot blocking, passing especially the outlet pass after a defensive rebound and defensive intimidation.

I have not seem any of these thing done or done on a consistent basis.

That's why the other teams get away with triple teams. He doesn't hit the cutter. So let him score 25 points, I would let him, but shut down everybody else. I would not want "MY" bigs in foul trouble guarding him.

The bottom line is that the Knicks are a below .500 team and the other teams have figured out how to beat us most of the time.

WHY?

We lose because we don't play defense as a team. We are damn near last in steals, 18 turnovers a game is past pathetic(Curry gets three those)(we force 13), and NOBODY blocks shots. THAT IS WHY WE LOSE.
All of that is not Curry. That is just a severely flawed team.

Now the part of Curry gettin double and triple team. If you have a team that players on defense can swarm one guy, don't you think the other guys should make an open shot? Curry is double teamed every possesion. That means someone is open. And they need to make shots so that the defense will respect them.

Is it Curry's fault that Frye gets FIVE FREAKIN' REBOUNDS A GAME?. HE IS WORSE ON DEFENSE THAN CURRY!!!! Double teams are a sign of a THREAT. The teams double on Curry because Frye plays like a sissy. 10 pts 5 rebounds. No one double Frye. They don't even guard him because they know he either won't shoot, or is gonna dump the ball inside when Curry is ALREADY doubled. I don't see the logic in this at all. The guy has improved, there are guys who are better, but he is NOT the sole reason for our losses. Not even the main culprit. Blame the WHOLE team.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #26
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I disagree, Curry does not pass that is the biggest problem. When he gets double teamed he does not pass.

That will open it up. He made one hell of a pass to Lee. It was behind his back and Lee dunked. But that was his only assist of the game.

A guy who gets doubled like that should have way more assists.

Frye is out of position on defense and offense. He looks a little lost out there because all emphasis is on Curry. Lee makes his own game and hustles to get his shoots because he's an inside guy with dunks and layups. He is also more aggressive and assertive than Frye.

If Frye got 1/3 the attention of Curry from the coaching staff related to game time plays you would see another player. He gets nothing!!!!! I see him countless times pass the ball inside and Curry never gives it back even when he's triple teamed.

That's why when the Knicks play the good teams they know they can double and triple team him. It's not that the other Knicks can't shoot or play they don't get a chance.

I have seen Curry destroyed by Yao and Mourning and other teams with lesser centers who play team defense.

Bottom line is Frye will fail unless Curry learns to run a two man game with him inside outside. He has to learn to clear the lane and pass to the cutter for an easy layup or dunk or short jumper.

He does not do that and you cannot win when your center is so fundamentally unsound.

But yes he has gotten better. A little better and they will be a .500 team.

When he plays to his potential and like Marbury has learned, you have to make other players better if you are going to be the go to guy, than they will be a contender.

Watch the games closer and you will see what I mean. It's very clear.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I disagree, Curry does not pass that is the biggest problem. When he gets double teamed he does not pass.
Not so. Curry gets 3 turnovers due to the fact he does pass out of the double teams and his team mates can't catch the ball also.

Quote:
That will open it up. He made one hell of a pass to Lee. It was behind his back and Lee dunked. But that was his only assist of the game.
So you want Curry to do Marbs job? Most Big men in the paint produce turnovers. The leader of assists should be the pg. Ridiculous comment.
Quote:
Frye is out of position on defense and offense. He looks a little lost out there because all emphasis is on Curry. Lee makes his own game and hustles to get his shoots because he's an inside guy with dunks and layups. He is also more aggressive and assertive than Frye.
Right so Lee fitting in with the team is his fault. Just like Frye playing like doo-doo is Frye's fault.

Quote:
If Frye got 1/3 the attention of Curry from the coaching staff related to game time plays you would see another player. He gets nothing!!!!! I see him countless times pass the ball inside and Curry never gives it back even when he's triple teamed.

If frye would be agressive he wouldn't have to dump it into Curry while he is triple teamed.
Quote:
That's why when the Knicks play the good teams they know they can double and triple team him. It's not that the other Knicks can't shoot or play they don't get a chance.
PLEASE BREAK THIS PART DOWN. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Quote:
I have seen Curry destroyed by Yao and Mourning and other teams with lesser centers who play team defense.
You said it right....TEAM DEFENSE.

Quote:
Bottom line is Frye will fail unless Curry learns to run a two man game with him inside outside. He has to learn to clear the lane and pass to the cutter for an easy layup or dunk or short jumper.
Frye isn't a cutter. Frye does not score well, rebounds worse than Curry, and is more athletic than Curry and still blocks no shots. Frye is terrible.

Quote:
He does not do that and you cannot win when your center is so fundamentally unsound.

But yes he has gotten better. A little better and they will be a .500 team.

When he plays to his potential and like Marbury has learned, you have to make other players better if you are going to be the go to guy, than they will be a contender.
THAT'S MY POINT CURRY ISN'T A GO TO GUY. Frye is considered UNTRADEABLE. That's ridiculous.

Back to the thread....The only ones who OVERRATE Curry are us and the players that double him.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #28
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

Curry is becoming an offensive tour de force.

This thread is going to look silly in two years. Maybe in two weeks. Fact is, it's starting to look silly right now.

Curry gives the Knicks a focal point on offense. There are very few centers in the league I'd rather have at this point. Dwight Howard can't create. He scores on put backs and dunks. Ameka Okafur also, is lost on offense. Scores on put backs.

And the entire Knick team is starting to love the guy. He's their man.

Eddie Curry is a bear. A big, bad, hungry bear.

Massive paws !

PS: THANK GOD WE DON'T HAVE CHRIS KAMAN AS OUR CENTER.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV
Curry is becoming an offensive tour de force.

This thread is going to look silly in two years. Maybe in two weeks. Fact is, it's starting to look silly right now.

Curry gives the Knicks a focal point on offense. There are very few centers in the league I'd rather have at this point. Dwight Howard can't create. He scores on put backs and dunks. Ameka Okafur also, is lost on offense. Scores on put backs.

And the entire Knick team is starting to love the guy. He's their man.

Eddie Curry is a bear. A big, bad, hungry bear.

Massive paws !

PS: THANK GOD WE DON'T HAVE CHRIS KAMAN AS OUR CENTER.

Cosigned. I don't know about the hungry bear part though.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoever said they wouldn't trade Curry for JO is flat out RETARDED.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: