Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #61
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Default Re: OGT: Dec 7 Toronto Raptors (4-15) vs Utah Jazz (10-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I just hope other GMs in the league think the same thing. I have strong doubts about that though.

I'd be jumping all over trying to sneak in an grab Ed Davis right now if I was another GM, all his 'absentee-mindedness' from the last 2 years seems gone, he is beasting in small spurts but still no minutes.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #62
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
We'll see how much he's wanted when he signs a massive extension next summer based on his upside.

Unless he goes nuts next year, he will probably end up with a contract that will end up a steal. That guy has top PF potential. I see an offensive game and rebounding...from a guy who is already a great defender and great enough shot-blocker to play C.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #63
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
I'd be jumping all over trying to sneak in an grab Ed Davis right now if I was another GM, all his 'absentee-mindedness' from the last 2 years seems gone, he is beasting in small spurts but still no minutes.
Lowry, Valanciunas, Davis and maybe Ross. Those are the only true "assets" on the team right now. That's not much to get anything of value for.

A true rebuild is needed. Not just tanking for one season to get Valanciunas then immediately trying for a low playoff seed. Dump any/all veterans and bigger contracts that you can. The worst part is that if this year keeps going the way it has and the Raptors are forced to rebuild, that Lowry trade ends up looking really bad. I'd rather have a lottery pick than a prime Lowry on, soon to be, a huge contract for a rebuilding team.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #64
Kujo
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I thought Toronto would be pushing for the playoffs this year. Lowry is a terrific move because he's a legit top 10 PG. Holiday has shown me stuff this year that I didn't expect to see right now and I'm noticing the same for Curry, even if Curry isn't (or shouldn't be) a PG. But Irving hasn't established himself there yet, nor has Rubio. I still think that Lowry is a top PG now. Better than Lawson, better even than Conley or Dragic will ever be.

Problem is that I had no idea Bargnani was going to be this bad this year. This is easily the worst he's played. Casey's rotations are bad, but Bargnani is healthy and playing alongside centers, getting to play the 4 and not the 5. No excuse for this kind of play. Even with Lowry there and even with DeRozan playing hard and playing solid basketball, Bargnani is just ass. Other GM's can see the talent and can take the risks. In the case of Toronto, you're gonna have to hope Colangelo sees the value in a different direction.

Thank God I fell asleep, and pretty much missed all of this debacle.

I never bought into the playoff talk. I had to see to believe it. The roster was/is just too flawed to even think this team would threaten for a playoff spotimho.

I did think we would at least be 5-10 games better overall (win 30-35 games). Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would regress this season (it's mind boggling how all of Casey's progress in developing a defensive identity last season has disappeared). This team is approaching rock bottom.

The only thing left to hang my hat on this season is the development of JoVal, Ross (though this pick was still a mistake), Lowry, and pray to God that we trade Bargs, and Jose.

Last edited by Kujo : 12-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #65
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Lowry, Valanciunas, Davis and maybe Ross. Those are the only true "assets" on the team right now. That's not much to get anything of value for.

A true rebuild is needed. Not just tanking for one season to get Valanciunas then immediately trying for a low playoff seed. Dump any/all veterans and bigger contracts that you can. The worst part is that if this year keeps going the way it has and the Raptors are forced to rebuild, that Lowry trade ends up looking really bad. I'd rather have a lottery pick than a prime Lowry on, soon to be, a huge contract for a rebuilding team.

You needn't worry. If you're rebuilding, he won't be there.

If you wanna rebuild, then trade him now. He carries value. Houston traded him for nothing, really. Maybe Detroit would be smart enough to give you Brandon Knight for him. Great trade for them. Maybe a solid trade for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Thank God I fell asleep, and pretty much missed all of this debacle.

I never bought into the playoff talk. I had to see to believe it. The roster was/is just too flawed to even think this team would threaten for a playoff spotimho.

I did think we would at least be 5-10 games better overall (win 30-35 games). Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would regress this season (it's mind boggling how all of Casey's progress in developing a defensive identity last season has disappeared). This team is approaching rock bottom.

The only thing left to hang my hat on this season is the development of JoVal, Ross (though this pick was still a mistake), Lowry, and pray to God that we trade Bargs, and Jose.

Calderon, Bargnani...maybe Fields even (He could do well on the Lakers) and try to bring in Jefferson or, more likely Millsap.
You h

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 12-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Houston got a guaranteed lottery pick from the Raptors for Lowry. That is far from nothing and it helped them get Harden.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #67
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Unless he goes nuts next year, he will probably end up with a contract that will end up a steal. That guy has top PF potential. I see an offensive game and rebounding...from a guy who is already a great defender and great enough shot-blocker to play C.

He'll get between 10-15 million a year. Hardly a steal right now.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #68
Whoah10115
Linja Status

The Raptors gave up nothing. If they suck that heavy an ass and make the pick that valuable...that's their fault. The move was great tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
He'll get between 10-15 million a year. Hardly a steal right now.

He's not getting $15Million without being a monster. $10Million is a steal for a guy with that talent and the years you lock him up for.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #69
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
He's not getting $15Million without being a monster. $10Million is a steal for a guy with that talent and the years you lock him up for.

His agent will be asking for max money I'm sure. Jazz will have the choice of giving him a shit load of money based on his potential or let him become a restricted free agent and possibly getting even more. They already made that mistake with AK which hog tied them for a long time but he was at least coming off an all-star year before the injuries set in(which Favors is already getting with increased playing time).
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #70
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Kanter's defense >>>> Big Al
Kanter's offense >>>> Favors

Enes Kanter = Jazz's Future Franchise Playa!
I stand corrected!
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #71
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

I've always loved Kanter. I'm disappointed he isn't rebounding as much as he used to, though.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: