Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #61
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The Knicks style of basketball is not going to work in the playoffs

They make their 3s, spread the floor well with multiple guys who can shoot, and actually play D. You're mistaking this Knicks team with teams that live and die by the three pointer(i.e. 2009 Magic, 2007 Warriors).
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #62
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
These dumbass Knick fans seem to forget about what happens to Mike Woodson led teams in the playoffs. Search up most lopsided sweep in NBA history

Knicks are not the Hawks. How many players on those Hawks teams had championship experience?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #63
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
the hype for these big market players

You have yet to give me a valid reason for any of your points

A typical ISH poster

Top to bottom the Knicks are better. Melo is the best player between both teams; Chandler is the best defensive player between both teams; Jason Kidd is the best floor manager between both teams; Amare, when healthy, is the best PF between both teams; and the Knicks have the better bench

How is this even a discussion?
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #64
sportsfan76
Decent college freshman

sportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Well Steve Novak and JR Smith played over 30 mins and combined for 22 pts against the Bulls tonight.

That playground style didn't work tonight I see
sportsfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #65
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x has decent reputationjimmy77x has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan76
Well Steve Novak and JR Smith played over 30 mins and combined for 22 pts against the Bulls tonight.

Haters just waiting for a bad night
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

And look who the Knicks were missing..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #67
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Well if Melo, Amare, and Shumpert are all out in the playoffs, then you're correct. The style won't work.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #68
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:

FG 32.1% 3PT 34.8%
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #69
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Haven't read the thread but to get by Miami, I think NY should focus on getting Rasheed in shape as soon as possible. Lebron will be able to neutralize Carmelo, but the Heat will have their hands full defending SCORING big men (Amare, Rasheed) in the post. And Rasheed can be VERY good in the post (when he puts his mind to it).

If, however, SAS reaches the finals opposite NYC, I hope they bury Rasheed on the bench (since he defends Duncan so well)
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #70
HiphopRelated
Local High School Star

HiphopRelated has decent reputation

Heat had "trouble" defending the 3 last season during the reg season too. In fact, so far they're defending it better .362 to.363 opponent 3P %

They don't/can't put in that level of effort over 82 games
HiphopRelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #71
R.I.P
Decent playground baller

R.I.P has an OK reputation so far

Knick's style like Dalas minus Matrix. OP should see full game instead of highlight
R.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #72
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
Haven't read the thread but to get by Miami, I think NY should focus on getting Rasheed in shape as soon as possible. Lebron will be able to neutralize Carmelo, but the Heat will have their hands full defending SCORING big men (Amare, Rasheed) in the post. And Rasheed can be VERY good in the post (when he puts his mind to it).

If, however, SAS reaches the finals opposite NYC, I hope they bury Rasheed on the bench (since he defends Duncan so well)
lebron neutralize Carmelo? When did that happen? Everytime those 2 plays against each other epic games happen, heck last playoffs lebron didn't neutralize nobody...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #73
rmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
lebron neutralize Carmelo? When did that happen? Everytime those 2 plays against each other epic games happen, heck last playoffs lebron didn't neutralize nobody...

I meant guard/defend/balance each other. Heat's big men (outside of Bosh) are relatively weak and won't do well against SCORING big men (not like Perkins/Ibaka).
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #74
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
I meant guard/defend/balance each other. Heat's big men (outside of Bosh) are relatively weak and won't do well against SCORING big men (not like Perkins/Ibaka).

Stoudamire yeah okay but T Chandler isn't known as a scoring force.

I do think the Knicks style is the only way a team in this East Conference can beat the Heat and actually for Knicks it has a championship precedence.

Those ring team Knicks shelled the NBA from downtown. In those days of Chamberlain Lakers, nobody was going to score in the paint. Not when it counted. But it wasn't just Wilt who controlled the key, there was also guys like Kareem at the height of his physical powers, Bob Lanier, Nate Thurmond, Dave Cowens.
Knicks had one of the all-time great centers in Willis Reed - which to me Willis would be the best center in today's NBA with a separation not seen since Shaq's glory days - but Willis struggled his whole career with knees.

So that's exactly how the Knicks countered - longe range perimeter shooting. Jerry Lucas & Dave Debusschere would fit perfectly in today's game i.e., for those who don't know as far as scoring they were Novak of their era. But imagine TWO Novaks yeah it truly rained in those days.

My worry for the Knicks winning anything - and I very seriously doubt it can ever be overcome - is named Carmelo Hero Ball Hog Anthony.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #75
rmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Stoudamire yeah okay but T Chandler isn't known as a scoring force.

My worry for the Knicks winning anything - and I very seriously doubt it can ever be overcome - is named Carmelo Hero Ball Hog Anthony.

That's why I suggested getting Rasheed in shape. He CAN score from the post (when he puts his mind to it) and together with Amare will keep Bosh occupied. Carmelo just needs to get Lebron to expend some energy on the defensive end so he has less for the offense. That'll cut down on the Heat's 3pt shooting and force Wade to pick up the slack.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: