Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Obama-Approved Arms Libya Arms End Up Arming Syrian Islamic Extremists

The problem is no matter how much these muslims hate each other, they can all at least agree that they hate America ten times more.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Obama-Approved Arms Libya Arms End Up Arming Syrian Islamic Extremists

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
We haven't learned a thing, we funded the Mujahideen back in the 80/90s and they became Al Qaeda

This is pretty way off. It's like saying if some South Vietnamese trafficked in opium during the Vietnamese War, then we funded the Opium trade. There were dozens if not hundreds of different mujahhedin groups in Aghanistan. Some were self supporting.

We supported the mujaheddin in Afghanistan, but we did not fund Maktab al-Khidamat which began Al Qaeda, Bin Laden himself funded a bunch of that with other Saudi money and Pakistan's ISI that we working with were connected, but the US government had no real idea who Bin Laden really was until well into the 1990's.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Isn't that just a ruse to get at their oil?

I'd agree. I think the fact that we more or less ignore far worse atrocities in sub-Saharan Africa while focusing on the Middle East is proof enough.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

For the goddamn life of me, I really have no idea why there's so much support for the rebels. Al-Assad's no saint, but he's doing what he has to do to prevent the Christian/Shiite/Alawi minorities from being completely overrun. Do we really want the brotherhood in control of yet another country?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
For the goddamn life of me, I really have no idea why there's so much support for the rebels. Al-Assad's no saint, but he's doing what he has to do to prevent the Christian/Shiite/Alawi minorities from being completely overrun. Do we really want the brotherhood in control of yet another country?

I agree. As sad as it is, the middle east is not ready for democracy.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Isn't that just a ruse to get at their oil?

How much oil does Syria have?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

We're not there for the oil. We may as well invade Canada if that was a our main motivation. We're there because Obama is an idiot.

And christianity was born in Israel.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact that both sides are in this thread trying to point fingers is priceless. Presidents from every party have been pulling this shit for years.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #24
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Not to mention that the rebels are basically funded, and run by Al-Qaida.....
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Not to mention that the rebels are basically funded, and run by Al-Qaida.....

A good portion of the rebels aren't even Syrian. Al Qaida is pouring in members from surrounding countries to strengthen the cause, and they're causing most of the bloodshed. I've got family living in Syria, which is why I mentioned the Christians. They can't even leave the house past a certain time for fear that they'll be executed. We've got no idea whether or not they're still alive some days because the internet is going on and off over there, making it pretty difficult for communication. There are churches being burned to the ground, entire families killed for no reason other than they believe in Jesus, and our dumb asses are not only doing nothing, we armed the people doing it. I love this country...but the ignorance and repeated errors in that section of the world by our leaders are simply frustrating.

Reminds me of this Winston Churchill quote "The Americans will always do the right thing… after they've exhausted all the alternatives."
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
A good portion of the rebels aren't even Syrian. Al Qaida is pouring in members from surrounding countries to strengthen the cause, and they're causing most of the bloodshed. I've got family living in Syria, which is why I mentioned the Christians. They can't even leave the house past a certain time for fear that they'll be executed. We've got no idea whether or not they're still alive some days because the internet is going on and off over there, making it pretty difficult for communication. There are churches being burned to the ground, entire families killed for no reason other than they believe in Jesus, and our dumb asses are not only doing nothing, we armed the people doing it. I love this country...but the ignorance and repeated errors in that section of the world by our leaders are simply frustrating.

Reminds me of this Winston Churchill quote "The Americans will always do the right thing… after they've exhausted all the alternatives."

Yeah, the situation is pretty bad over there. We will probably have to intervene at some point, and not necessarily on the rebels side, as much as their cause is popular over here for god knows why.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: