Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool
Default OKC is unfairly stacked

I know the thread title is an obvious statement but I was just thinking about this...
You have the big name, obvious guys like Durant, Westbrook, Martin, and Ibaka. Collison is one of the most underrated PF/Cs in the game. Eric Maynor will be one of the best backup PGs in the league once he's completely healthy. Thabeet has a mess of athleticism and untapped talent, and his time with the Thunder has shown he can be a more than capable player. He still fouls too much but he's done a great job as a backup C all things considered.

And then there's the new guys...Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, and Reggie Jackson. How many teams would like to have just ONE of those guys, much less all three of them? And on their active roster. OKC is so stacked they've sent these guys to the D-league to develop them into better players.

And THEN there's the draft picks! OKC has a top 3 protected pick from Toronto, a top 20 protected pick from Dallas, and its own 1st round pick, plus 2 more second round picks.

Like, holy shit. This all just dawned on me today. They have the assets to trade for damn near any player they want not named Lebron James.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Re: OKC is unfairly stacked

And yet, it doesn't matter since they get always get raped by the Heat in the playoffs.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
I know the thread title is an obvious statement but I was just thinking about this...
You have the big name, obvious guys like Durant, Westbrook, Martin, and Ibaka. Collison is one of the most underrated PF/Cs in the game. Eric Maynor will be one of the best backup PGs in the league once he's completely healthy. Thabeet has a mess of athleticism and untapped talent, and his time with the Thunder has shown he can be a more than capable player. He still fouls too much but he's done a great job as a backup C all things considered.

And then there's the new guys...Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, and Reggie Jackson. How many teams would like to have just ONE of those guys, much less all three of them? And on their active roster. OKC is so stacked they've sent these guys to the D-league to develop them into better players.

And THEN there's the draft picks! OKC has a top 3 protected pick from Toronto, a top 20 protected pick from Dallas, and its own 1st round pick, plus 2 more second round picks.

Like, holy shit. This all just dawned on me today. They have the assets to trade for damn near any player they want not named Lebron James.

They are stacked. So stacked Russell should be averaging 10 APG.
jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
They are stacked. So stacked Russell should be averaging 10 APG.
Agreed. I want to see Russell putting up CP3 numbers. At least from an approach perspective.

Russ should be doing 18 ppg 6 rpg 10 apg 2 spg and Durant should be averaging 30 ppg. Westbrook's goal should be to get Durant over that 30 ppg mark.

I think then, and only then will they be a LEGIT champion.

Westbrook's decision making, and distribution is key. I still thought OKC was more frightening with Harden, because he is better than Kevin Martin.

We'll see what they do come playoff time, but yes there roster is stacked. They have shooters, defenders, scorers, playmakers, and enforcers.

They actually are probably the best built team in the league. The only team that can compete in terms of well rounded-ness would be the Knicks. They're just missing the enforcers part.

With a healthy Iman Shumpert, much like Thabo Sefalosha does for OKC, the Knicks can be pretty scary too.

I honestly wouldn't mind a Knicks v.s. Thunder Finals if it so happened.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
And yet, it doesn't matter since they get always get raped by the Heat in the playoffs.

What in the one time we have faced them?

I personally dont care how stacked we are, we aint winning shit with Perk at the centre. Make a trade presti. Imagine a centre type player with the ability to play in the post, while consistently getting the defensive boards on which we are so woeful.

Our team will be complete when Perk is out.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they're an awesome team and i'm glad the harden trade worked out for them, more or less. indeed, much respect to presti for not giving in to harden's money grab attempt and making the very best of a losing hand.

and their youth and reasonable track to keep improving is pretty scary. and with all the troubles and close calls the heat have had the past two seasons+, it's hard to think that they're going to keep beating the thunder in the finals.

only thing AFAIK that's putting a cap on the thunder is... the cap. the salary cap. they have very little maneuverability and may have to lose some of their talent via expiring contracts in coming years. although maybe there are remedies for that-- feel free to educate me...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

They got the talents.
Unfortunately they are in small market team
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:

Two words for u, Luxury Tax.

OKC just needs to ship Perkins, he is useless and i think nobody on that team likes him.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't consider any team with Scubdrick Scrubkins stacked..
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

This ***** is so bad he got a negative per
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Agreed. I want to see Russell putting up CP3 numbers. At least from an approach perspective.

So you want him to lower his level of play?... He averaging 81/2 assists thats enough....They still need his offense...this team is still heavily reliant on 3 players to score...
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
So you want him to lower his level of play?... He averaging 81/2 assists thats enough....They still need his offense...this team is still heavily reliant on 3 players to score...

It's OK some people just don't actually watch basketball, just come on here and repeat the same **** they heard from another dumbass.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut

They've only played the Heat once in the finals

Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
they have very little maneuverability and may have to lose some of their talent via expiring contracts in coming years. although maybe there are remedies for that-- feel free to educate me...
Really, now, the only "bad" contract on the team is Perkins. Not re-signing Harden actually gives them the potential to have a lot maneuverability depending on what happens with Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
OKC just needs to ship Perkins, he is useless and i think nobody on that team likes him.
And you'd be very, very wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

This ***** is so bad he got a negative per
Playing mostly in mop-up duty. But yes, let's assess a rookie 1/4th into his first season in the league on those minutes.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: