Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
tommyhtc
Kids at the park dunk on me

tommyhtc has not been impressing people
Default Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

I'm not sure whether this has been posted yet,
but I came across this today,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzIu7...ayer_embedded#!

Arnold was praising wilt's strength, do you guys know what type of tricep extension he is talking about? because 120 pounds don't seem too heavy if we can do it with both hands...
tommyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhtc
I'm not sure whether this has been posted yet,
but I came across this today,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzIu7...ayer_embedded#!

Arnold was praising wilt's strength, do you guys know what type of tricep extension he is talking about? because 120 pounds don't seem too heavy if we can do it with both hands...

Arnold was a body builder, not a power lifter. He used 120lbs with maximum stretch and contraction at each phase of the lift to get maximum pump and muscle growth. Bodybuilders in general don't lift their heaviest on isolation exercises.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
tommyhtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Arnold was a body builder, not a power lifter. He used 120lbs with maximum stretch and contraction at each phase of the lift to get maximum pump and muscle growth. Bodybuilders in general don't lift their heaviest on isolation exercises.
is arnold talking about this type of extension?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tm_swOGaJo
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think its this one

because ive seen plenty of vids of bodybuilders doing way more on the machine

Last edited by inclinerator : 09-26-2012 at 12:48 AM.
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
tommyhtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
i think its this one
now that's much harder to do... but it seems that he is showing a gesture of pushing downwards, so it may be the one that I posted...
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Dude that's not double pulley cable those were the single pulley... I used to do 60 pounds or so for like 12-15 reps (70 I would always struggle with form even though I could do almost the same amount of reps but for is more important on isolation) and I was a big dude I could bench press about 325 pounds... so to be doing 150 pounds is unreal.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
tommyhtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Dude that's not double pulley cable those were the single pulley... I used to do 60 pounds or so for like 12-15 reps (70 I would always struggle with form even though I could do almost the same amount of reps but for is more important on isolation) and I was a big dude I could bench press about 325 pounds... so to be doing 150 pounds is unreal.
yeah I'll go to the gym tomorrow and look for a single pulley one..just to make sure..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I think he is talking about this exercise, I have not seen the single pulley one tbh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvMqxGdJY0
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arnold....this guy:

Marvels at wilts strength.

19 year olds on the internet think such people are what...lying?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
BuffaloBill
Pure

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arnold is a big dude, but Andre and Wilt make him look like a fly.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

Arnold is a big dude, but Andre and Wilt make him look like a fly.

No he isn't....Arnold is only 5'10.

I'm 6'2 and was shocked how short he was when I met him in person.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I checked in on Google and there are mixed reports about his height. Some say 6'2. But I call bullsh*t because I was looking down at him.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
tommyhtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I checked in on Google and there are mixed reports about his height. Some say 6'2. But I call bullsh*t because I was looking down at him.
angle? footwear?

from past experiences on examining heights of different celebrities, I can say arnold is at least 6'1

check out this site and take a look at the arguments and evidence presented

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold...egger-177.html

edit: and even if he is not 6'2 or 6'1, that doesn't make him a smaller person..he is still a massive body builder that has arms triple the size of average joes.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

That photo makes the size difference seem greater than it is.

eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
tommyhtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
That photo makes the size difference seem greater than it is.

not trying to defend wilt's height here, but in your picture, not only is wilt standing barefooted, but arnold is also standing on the upper part of the slope. so I think your photo is less accurate than the photo posted before.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: