Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default What would you do?

You're chilling alone, waiting for some homies to show up at the park. A deranged-looking individual starts sprinting in your direction; he is smoking something and does not appear to be armed. He says nothing as he gets closer and closer, running with an apparent limp. It's pretty dark out, about 6:30 PM. You have a pistol on your hip.

Do you:

A. Brandish the weapon
B. Run in the opposite direction
C. Prepare to fight him
D. Shoot him
E. Other
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What would you do?

Give him a hug
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
plat1numX
!dennaB

plat1numX is considered somewhat coolplat1numX is considered somewhat coolplat1numX is considered somewhat cool

depends what race he is
plat1numX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat1numX
depends what race he is

Honestly, I would step to the side and see if he re-directs towards me. If he does, I may start to panic and reach for my gun while backing away and yelling at him "I have a gun" or something like that.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat1numX
depends what race he is

White male, about 50 years old
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

Honestly, I would step to the side and see if he re-directs towards me. If he does, I may start to panic and reach for my gun while backing away and yelling at him "I have a gun" or something like that.

What if he continued to advance towards you.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
What if he continued to advance towards you.

I'd try to get away from him while never turning my back on him or taking my hand off the gun. I'd shoot him the moment he starts to assault me. Maybe even right before once he is within point blank range. He would have had plenty of warning by then.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'd try to get away from him while never turning my back on him or taking my hand off the gun. I'd shoot him the moment he starts to assault me. Maybe even right before once he is within point blank range. He would have had plenty of warning by then.
Should you shoot him before he harms you, there is no way to prove that he was actually going to hurt you. Wouldn't you be in legal trouble?

Anyone in law enforcement want to chime in?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Quote:
You're chilling alone, waiting for some homies to show up at the park. A deranged-looking individual starts sprinting in your direction; he is smoking something and does not appear to be armed. He says nothing as he gets closer and closer, running with an apparent limp. It's pretty dark out, about 6:30 PM. You have a pistol on your hip.

Do you:

A. Brandish the weapon
C. Prepare to fight him
D. Shoot him
E. Other

If I have a loaded gun on my hip, I'm most likely not up to any good so the chances of someone wanting to fight/hurt me are high. Considering that, I'd simply pull up my shirt in a nonchalant manner. If he continues to advance my way looking at me or the gun, that's when I know he's probably crazy and looking to doing something stupid. Unless he has a weapon himself, I'm strictly fighting him with my bare hands and if he's stronger I'll tell my homeboys to jump him, might even add in a few pistol whips and take his wallet and while I'm at it.

Last edited by TheeBeast : 12-06-2012 at 10:54 PM.
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast
If I have a loaded gun on my hip, I'm most likely not up to any good so the chances of someone wanting to fight/hurt me are high. Considering that, I'd simply pull up my shirt in a nonchalant manner. If he continues to advance my way looking at me or the gun, that's when I know he's probably crazy and looking to doing something stupid. Unless he has a weapon himself, I'm strictly fighting him with my bare hands and if he's stronger I'll tell my homeboys to jump him, might even add in a few pistol whips and take his wallet and while I'm at it.

You'd wait to see if he pulls something out?

And what's wrong with conceal carrying?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Do you:

A. Brandish the weapon
C. Prepare to fight him
D. Shoot him
E. Other
Sounds like he's hurt you bastard, help him out.

The first person he ran towards did letter c.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #13
Myth

Quote:
Should you shoot him before he harms you, there is no way to prove that he was actually going to hurt you. Wouldn't you be in legal trouble?

Anyone in law enforcement want to chime in?

Yeah, maybe I'd wait for the assault. But then the guy is dead. Luckily, I will never be in that situation since I don't carry a piece.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'd do nothing unless he looks like a zombie, in which case i'd empty the clip on that motherfcker
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I definitly wouldn't end up shooting the guy. I guess each persons answer would depend on size of themselves and the guy, but only in the south would this scenario end with some GOP loving nutjob executing the guy and then claiming it was his right spouting "i thought this was america?!" and try to claim defense.

IMO there is almost no reason at all to shoot someone unless you can be 100% sure that they are trying to cause serious harm to you and will definitly carry it out

Guy in the scenario sounds like he is hurt and needs help

A clearly injured person should not be considered a threat of any kind
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: