Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I do have to admit the one good thing about the Heat

and how that team came together... it's making it really exciting to see so many players switching teams and teams willing to make major trades to try and compete. Has there ever been a time like the past few seasons where so many major trades/signings take place? The NBA is exciting again.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: I do have to admit the one good thing about the Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Has there ever been a time like the past few seasons where so many major trades/signings take place?

Yes, this year with the Lakers.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
ChrisPosh
♕ James

ChrisPosh has decent reputationChrisPosh has decent reputation

2007 Boston Celtics Big Three. For better or worse they're the ones that started this whole trend.
ChrisPosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPosh
2007 Boston Celtics Big Three. For better or worse they're the ones that started this whole trend.

Clearly you are young.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather see a team rise up over the years kind of like the Clips, Grizz etc
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
I'd rather see a team rise up over the years kind of like the Clips, Grizz etc

You have to lose for a long time to do that, usually decades.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

thank god the 2007 Celtics were around to give Wilt/West/Baylor the idea of teaming up
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Kareem Magic Coops Worthy will argue that fact as will Jordan Pippen adding D Rod for another triple crown. Not to even mention the original big 3 (which unfortunately was destroyed by injuries).

And beyond all others since you mention it there's been entire decades of Celtics doing that.

60s Heinsohn, Cousy, Ramsay, Sanders, Jones Bros., Russell, Havlicek. Sam Jones alone was probably worth 25 to 30 wins a season. Dude was silk. And if anything Havlicek was better.
70s Cowens White Havlicek
80s Bird Ainge Parish DJ McHale

What about the ring Knicks? DeBusschere, Lucas, Pearl all came over from other teams around the league. They basically took the best player from each team and built a supergroup around Walt Frazier, Bill Bradley and Willis Reed. You want to talk about stacked teams?

not like this is anything new so why are we making 2007 an all new event?
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
and how that team came together... it's making it really exciting to see so many players switching teams and teams willing to make major trades to try and compete. Has there ever been a time like the past few seasons where so many major trades/signings take place? The NBA is exciting again.

I love where the NBA is at!! I'm totally pumped to see how high the level of play is.
Also the fact that David Stern is FINALLY going away leading to bright uplifting sunshine for the whole world.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

People just trying to shit on other people.

I'm pretty sure you guys knew what Chris Posh was talking about. Guess what, Boston DID start off this trend. No teams were doing this through the 90s and early 2000s. Boston started collecting talent and everyone in the league started clamoring to make super teams. And now super teams is the new hot thing, even if it's retro. Get off your high horses.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

That didn't really cause all several other teams to rush out and make major trades to compete like the Heat did.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: