Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Best Players At Specific Skills

Tim Duncan- Outlet Passing

The last two seasons I've noticed that a lot of San Antonio's fastbreaks start with Duncan either blocking a shot or getting a rebound and making a great outlet pass to a streaking guard. I've personally never seen a big man do this better (Only seen a few games/vids of Bill Walton and Kevin Love is pretty good too). I found this mix of some of Timmy's outlets that for some random reason features a Keith Sweat track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Wa3C8s3Xg

Some Others...

Dwyane Wade- Splitting Doubles

Dwyane Wade- The Art of Splitting the Defense

Carmelo Anthony- Spin Move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHpuNwcGz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIsh7e9DAOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCDrPPSdfY

Gimme Some More
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Best Players At Specific Skills

Kobe - base line turn around jumper. Seems pretty automatic for him at this stage of his career. Cant really guard it either. Just apply pressure, put a hand up, and hope it doesnt go in.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

Tyson Chandler - tap out offensive rebounds. Starting to become a trend in the NBA
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
Tyson Chandler - tap out offensive rebounds. Starting to become a trend in the NBA

Great call. That's become his bread and butter this season. I don't think it should count as a rebound though, but it's effective
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

Rubio bounce pass between the legs of the defender
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

LeBron- Blocking Rondo
Kurt Thomas- Baseline/Midrange jumpers
Pablo Prigioni- Stealing inbounds passes
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lebron with dat no look bounce pass to a cutter at the rim
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dwyane and lebron half court to full court alleyoops
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe not a skill persay but westbrook has the softest touch of any midrange jumpshot i've ever seen. the way the ball gently rolls over the front of the rim and off the glass is unreal.

paul on the break when he's ahead of a guy, using his body as a barricade. it's a douchey move for sure but i use it and it works wonders... and cp3 is the master. any chance this becomes an offensive foul in certain situations once guys start to abuse it?

just watching splitter tonight, he's got amazing instincts for when/where to set a screen and roll to the hoop. also re spurs, though i haven't really seen it tonight i've always been really impressed by manu's ability to split the double with a pass to his big in the middle of the key. most guys miss the opportunity and the lane closes whereas manu times it perfectly without without ever telegraphing the play

antawn jamison's name doesn't really belong in this thread but that dude has the quickest fking hands ever. he's like clint eastwood :

which pf has the best knockdown 18-20 footer in the league? bosh and kg are the two that come to mind immediately but then you got aldridge and lee. can't exactly leave dirk out. gasol, love, zbo all deserve mentions too.

and of course... kurt thomas
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
maybe not a skill persay but westbrook has the softest touch of any midrange jumpshot i've ever seen. the way the ball gently rolls over the front of the rim and off the glass is unreal.

paul on the break when he's ahead of a guy, using his body as a barricade. it's a douchey move for sure but i use it and it works wonders... and cp3 is the master. any chance this becomes an offensive foul in certain situations once guys start to abuse it?

just watching splitter tonight, he's got amazing instincts for when/where to set a screen and roll to the hoop. also re spurs, though i haven't really seen it tonight i've always been really impressed by manu's ability to split the double with a pass to his big in the middle of the key. most guys miss the opportunity and the lane closes whereas manu times it perfectly without without ever telegraphing the play

which pf has the best knockdown 18-20 footer in the league? bosh and kg are the two that come to mind immediately but then you got aldridge and lee. can't exactly leave dirk out. gasol, love, zbo all deserve mentions too.

and of course... kurt thomas

I think David West is in the convo.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I think David West is in the convo.
him too. though he seems to be better creating space off the dribble, occasional turn arounds, etc. i was more thinkin catch and shoot.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
(e)
MJ of ISH

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Although I'm going position specific, no other center has the handle the Jo Noah has. Remarkable talent when he grabs a rebound, and run an effective break by himself.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Although I'm going position specific, no other center has the handle the Jo Noah has. Remarkable talent when he grabs a rebound, and run an effective break by himself.
Noah is also the best big man high post passer, perimeter defender, offensive tip in guy and best yeller after contact dunks.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carmelo working out of the triple threat
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Noah is also the best big man high post passer, perimeter defender, offensive tip in guy and best yeller after contact dunks.

Marc and Pau Gasol are both in that category as well.

And Boozer is the best yeller after anything happens.

I would throw Westbrook in there for his hesitation dribble. Ever since he's started doing that he's been even more deadly off the dribble.

CP3 is probably the best in the league at keeping his dribble alive in traffic. He almost never has to pick the ball up. Only one I think comes close is Kyrie.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: