Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default What stats would T-Mac and Vince be putting up if they got 20-25 shots a game?

I'm trying to figure out if opportunity = longevity. Yeah people say Vince and T-Mac are "washed up" but would this be the case if they were still focal points on their teams? Would Kobe be washed up too if he'd been injured for a bit and never given the chance to be "the man" again?

I remember T-Mac looking very good in NY for a bit when he got minutes and touches
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
SlayerEnraged
Banned

SlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputation
Default Re: What stats would T-Mac and Vince be putting up if they got 20-25 shots a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I'm trying to figure out if opportunity = longevity. Yeah people say Vince and T-Mac are "washed up" but would this be the case if they were still focal points on their teams? Would Kobe be washed up too if he'd been injured for a bit and never given the chance to be "the man" again?

I remember T-Mac looking very good in NY for a bit when he got minutes and touches

I'd say probly like 22 ppg on 22 shots if given the opportunity to shoot 20+ times. Probably like 38-41% shooting though.
SlayerEnraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What stats would T-Mac and Vince be putting up if they got 20-25 shots a game?

That's how I felt with Shaq when he was in Phoenix too. I just don't think he meshed well with Nash and co. though. Thus, it might have to do with meshing with the team, especially a younger, faster paced one.

I don't know. Good question though. Let's see what the rest of ISH has to say.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
spiegel
Local High School Star

spiegel has no real reputation yet.

Tmac is shooting the ball at 53% this season and is playing pretty effecient ball right now.He has taken 16 shots for 10 made ones in 3 games thus far this season. He is playing at a effecient clip. Right now tmac is starting to look ok while vince is not.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

T-Mac had a nice game in 25 minutes last night. I feel he would be averaging 23-25ppg with more minutes and touches
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by disel
I've watched McGrady so far with the Hawks and what stands out to me is his movement. He can once again beat people off the dribble and get some elevation on his shot again something i thought he would never be able to do ever again. As the guy before said, he is shooting the ball pretty good and is attacking the basket with some oomph again.

I think he will give them just what Crawford gave them and more with his passing/court vision.

Those are some major skills.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

TMac is playing well so far, hopefully he gets a few more shots per game..

Vince.. well He is pretty much done i think. Its a shame because he can still physically play at a high level, he seems to just not give a shit even more than usual now.. Although the whole mavs team has started out pretty badly, maybe he will turn it around who knows...

He did hit that big 3 against OKC
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think T-Mac can play for more than 25mpg.. When he was on the Knicks(2 years ago) he had absolutely no vertical anymore and was always injured. He simply doesn't have the motivation/work ethic to work through his old age to still be a good NBA player.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think T-Mac can play for more than 25mpg.. When he was on the Knicks(2 years ago) he had absolutely no vertical anymore and was always injured. He simply doesn't have the motivation/work ethic to work through his old age to still be a good NBA player.

Said like someone who hasn't watched T-Mac since his Knicks days cause he played decent in Detroit and you can see he had some extra incentiveto play well against his former Rockets team, too.

I think he's trying to still fit in w/ the Hawks but the funny thing is is that his Bball IQ is way ahead of those guys, he tries to direct them where to be during plays and it's funny how the Hawks have just gotten over on athleticism cause watching them play you can really see they aren't that bright.

"Iso Joe", Horford's strength, and Josh Smith's help d have carried that team a ways.

To answer the op Tracy could score 25 pts/ game but VC can't.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

In light of T-Mac's individual dominance in China, I want to revisit this. Keep in mind, Tracy is younger than Kobe

Also, here are some highlights

Kobe vs. T-Mac in 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=CqXPfdTzAzc#!

Kobe vs. T-Mac in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlp7T...layer_embedded

They each scored 38 in both games. Crazy how Kobe is still an elite player in the NBA all these years later. Would the same happen for T-Mac and Vince if they got 20 FGAs a game?

Last edited by konex : 12-09-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vince is averaging 13 points on 11 shot attempts per game shooting .421 from 2 and .411 from 3. He would easily average 20 a game given 9+ more shots a game.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

lol no. their bodies are done. if they got more minutes they would have all kinds of injuries in less than 5 games.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
In light of T-Mac's individual dominance in China, I want to revisit this. Keep in mind, Tracy is younger than Kobe

Also, here are some highlights

Kobe vs. T-Mac in 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=CqXPfdTzAzc#!

Kobe vs. T-Mac in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlp7T...layer_embedded

They each scored 38 in both games. Crazy how Kobe is still an elite player in the NBA all these years later. Would the same happen for T-Mac and Vince if they got 20 FGAs a game?

Hot damn, T-Mac playing a little bit of D back in 2003!

T-Mac vs. Kobe was such an electric rivalry. Wish it could have lasted longer with T-Mac staying healthy and possibly have some playoff matchups.

It just had an extra something that the Kobe/Wade, Kobe/LeBron, etc. rivalries lack.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
It just had an extra something that the Kobe/Wade, Kobe/LeBron, etc. rivalries lack.

They had the last great superstar rivalry IMO. 2 guys with handles, athleticism and swag but both also had unlimited range.

Back then superstar matchups weren't just FT contests like today and the guys actually guarded each other!

Last edited by konex : 12-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: