Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Mvp race

My four finalist are kobe,lebro,durant and melo

I think its durants to lose
Kobe can win it only if they get the number one seed in the west
Lebron is gonna finish no worse than second in the voting
And melo can only win it if they get the number one seed in the east

Sound about right?

So in conclusion lebron can win it but he wont finish any lower than second in voting. Durant has the highest chance to win it and i expect him to be the fore runner throughout the season unless kobe can get a 1 seed or melo can get a 1 seed and stay healthy and continue to play at a high level.

What do yall think?

Coach of the year will be either mark jackson or mike woodson. If warriors get to playoffs without bogut its mark jacksons hands down
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mvp race

Lebron will deserve it but I think Durant will probably get it.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

So far I agree the top 4 are Lebron, Durant, Melo and Kobe. I think Durant deserves it the most and IF Melo maintains his play he may even win it. I see Kobe slowing down a little bit as Dwight+Gasol pick it up and I don't expect Lebron to win if the Thunder or Knicks have a similar record due to the fact that Melo+Durant improved, Lebron took a slight decline so far this year on both ends of the floor.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Westbrook0
Serious playground baller

Westbrook0 has an OK reputation so far

Wait, Kobe? Why is anyone mentioning Kobe's name here, unless you are just being sarcastic.

Usually MVP winners tend to lead their teams to over .500 records, especially when they've got multiple other hall of famers on their team.
Westbrook0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

you're naming finalists 20 games into the season? stop
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
My four finalist are kobe,lebro,durant and melo

I think its durants to lose
Kobe can win it only if they get the number one seed in the west
Lebron is gonna finish no worse than second in the voting
And melo can only win it if they get the number one seed in the east

Sound about right?

So in conclusion lebron can win it but he wont finish any lower than second in voting. Durant has the highest chance to win it and i expect him to be the fore runner throughout the season unless kobe can get a 1 seed or melo can get a 1 seed and stay healthy and continue to play at a high level.

What do yall think?

Coach of the year will be either mark jackson or mike woodson. If warriors get to playoffs without bogut its mark jacksons hands down

typical Kobe logic.

The HEAT have finished 2nd in the east for 2 straight years and Lebron was in the MVP race in both of those series.

LA does not have to finish first for Kobe to win MVP. Nobody's team HAS to finish first for them to win MVP. Lebron from 2012 says hi.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
you're naming finalists 20 games into the season? stop

Sucking my d.i.c.k 20 games into the season? Dont stop
Old 12-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
typical Kobe logic.

The HEAT have finished 2nd in the east for 2 straight years and Lebron was in the MVP race in both of those series.

LA does not have to finish first for Kobe to win MVP. Nobody's team HAS to finish first for them to win MVP. Lebron from 2012 says hi.

And u just proved y u know nun bout bball. Kobe and lebron are two different players with two different skill sets.lebron does everything while kobe just scores. Your mom says hi.goodbye
Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
White Mamba
@kobemania

White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Rotoworld:

Quote:
Kobe Bryant scored 35 points on 11-of-24 shooting (4-of-5 3PTs, 9-of-10 FTs) with three rebounds, seven assists, three steals, and two steals in the Lakers' loss to the Thunder on Friday.
Kobe is the No. 2 fantasy player right now ahead of LeBron James and the only thing that looks like it could slow him down would be the introduction of Steve Nash. Perhaps it's a sell-high moment, but we've bet against Kobe and been wrong plenty of times in the past. Dec 8 - 8:23 AM

All kobe needs to do is get a solid record and he can get it. he is bloody 34.
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Its kobes to get or give (not lose), just like last years scoring title, gifted to Durant as a generous gesture. Willing to sacrifice his own glory to spread accolades around the league.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
.goodbye

fixed.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

The MVP is Durant's to lose. And LOL at Kobe even being in the conversation
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has not been impressing people

Lakers on pace to finish 37-45 and Kobe's an MVP candidate
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

MVP is voted by members of the media. Thus, the player most valuable to the media will get it. In other words: The story that sells best.

Unfortunately enough, none if these stories sell at this point. Probably Melo's is the one that can be marketed most easily, provided the Knicks win the most games in the East. Kobe's story would be a bestseller if only the Lakers could somehow win 50 games... it's not at all likely. The Heat should post insane numbers along with LeBron for his story to sell. And Durant is not really marketable at this point.

Anthony has the best chance IMHO, if all teams and players keep up their current production. Kobe has the best chance coming from behind. The other two may deserve the award more but I just can't see them getting it unless a significant change happens that makes their story easier to sell.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
MVP is voted by members of the media. Thus, the player most valuable to the media will get it. In other words: The story that sells best.

Unfortunately enough, none if these stories sell at this point. Probably Melo's is the one that can be marketed most easily, provided the Knicks win the most games in the East. Kobe's story would be a bestseller if only the Lakers could somehow win 50 games... it's not at all likely. The Heat should post insane numbers along with LeBron for his story to sell. And Durant is not really marketable at this point.

Anthony has the best chance IMHO, if all teams and players keep up their current production. Kobe has the best chance coming from behind. The other two may deserve the award more but I just can't see them getting it unless a significant change happens that makes their story easier to sell.

Why wouldn't Durant's story sell? Supposedly the Thunder were supposed to completely collapse without Harden yet Durant has upped many facets of his game and the team hasn't missed a beat. I don't see a great story for Lebron last year, stacked team gets 4th best record in the league in a lock out shortened season Durant's a great story especially considering league's hard on for small market teams
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: