Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What's the point of 30 interconference games a season (basketball reasons)?

Don't get me wrong, the games are fun to watch, and I'm sure the marquee matchups bring in a lot of TV viewers and drive up attendance. But seriously, the games mean very little, from a basketball perspective. You're not going to play the team in the other conference in the playoffs unless you make the Finals, so it's rather wasteful to play a home-and-away against every squad. I'm not advocating the elimination of these games, but if there are complaints of the length of the season, shouldn't (at least some of) these be the first to go?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What's the point of 30 interconference games a season (basketball reasons)?

Thelength of the schedule has been 82 games for I think the last 60 seasons or so, they are not taking away any games.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board
Default Re: What's the point of 30 interconference games a season (basketball reasons)?

In the words of David Stern: "how much of their salaries will the players give back?"
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Thelength of the schedule has been 82 games for I think the last 60 seasons or so, they are not taking away any games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
In the words of David Stern: "how much of their salaries will the players give back?"

Again, I'm not in favor of dropping any games, but do these 30 serve any purpose?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's actually not that much when you break it down. i.e. Lakers/Thunder only visit MSG once a year. Knicks (or Heat) only visit Staples Center once a year.

Some cities/teams need the Lakers, Thunder, Heat to come visit them to sell out seats.

Last edited by DMV2 : 12-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
It's actually not that much when you break it down. i.e. Lakers/Thunder only visit MSG once a year. Knicks/Heat only visit Staples Center once a year.

Some cities/teams need the Lakers, Thunder, Heat to come visit them to sell out seats.

Twice a year.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Again, I'm not in favor of dropping any games, but do these 30 serve any purpose?
For matcup up purpose of course. We would have been 10 years eep and never seen Kobe face LeBron.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Twice a year.

Nice catch.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

For example, SAS plays in Miami once a year. You are going to deprive those fans of the opportunity to watch Tim Duncan?
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm very happy with this format. If it weren't only East vs West in the Finals but not in the regular season, I would have never seen LeBron James in person, along with many other superstars that have never been on a western team.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Twice a year.
Shouldn't have used the slash. It's once a year, though, as in "Knicks (or Heat)" visit...."

Original post edited.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm very happy with this format. If it weren't only East vs West in the Finals but not in the regular season, I would have never seen LeBron James in person, along with many other superstars that have never been on a western team.
My only problem with the NBA schedule is the Finals format. I'd like it to be 2-2-1-1-1.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Yes, if the league shorted the length of the season, some (not all) of those games would be the first to go.

And yes, shortening the season would definitely make for a better product. But the league would lose money so it's not happening.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Myth

Quote:
Shouldn't have used the slash. It's once a year, though, as in "Knicks (or Heat)" visit...."

Original post edited.

LOL, that wasn't even the point. You are aware that both the Knicks and the Heat each visit Staples twice a year because of both the Clippers and the Lakers playing games there, right?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
My only problem with the NBA schedule is the Finals format. I'd like it to be 2-2-1-1-1.

Even tho it would never happen i would love the finals to be 1-1-1-1-1-1-1, supreme and ultimate fairness.
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: