Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Default MarShon Brooks avg 10mins a game wtf?

I honestly cannot understand how on a 500. team with a weak as scoring bench this guy is not averging close to 20mins + a game. The guy can create and do things with the ball very few players can similar to a Jamal Crawford (not as good atm).

I understand Jerry Stackhouse has played well but Stack ain't going to be around in a year or two why not develop MarShon? He can take pressure off players like D-Will and Joe Johnson on offense with his creativity. CJ Watson has not been exactly ripping it up ethier I just don't understand how there is no space for a talent like Brooks. The whole team of late has struggled why not give a talented player a go?

If I were one of the better teams that needed another piece to the puzzle I would have a look at Brooks.

If some Nets fans could let me know whats happend with him or what's going on that would be great.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Default Re: MarShon Brooks avg 10mins a game wtf?

Fire Avery
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
UK-NJ
High School Starter

It looks like they're looking to trade both him & Hump. The main reason MarShon hasn't been playing is his substandard D, but he definitely should be getting more time than he is. I'm starting to wonder whether we have a trade agreed in principle or something. It makes no sense for him to get such few minutes on a struggling team. None.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i remember reading some fairly detailed analysis at netsdaily and/or maybe realgm- basically they were saying that marshon is one of the most mistake-prone and one-dimensional players on the team. i.e., sounds like it's much more than just a problem with his D. allegedly, he consistently breaks plays and makes bad decisions on both ends of the floor.

last season they could afford to give him plenty of minutes with those limitations. this season they don't have that luxury what with all the pressure to perform. a little reminiscent of the CDR situation from a couple years ago, minus the pressure. marshon actually seems like a nicer and more humble guy, so i hope he's working very hard in practice and the film room on this stuff.

it's definitely a shame that we can't showcase him better or develop him for the future. both of those problems come from what's turning out to be a strategic disaster with the nets-- trying to spend your way into becoming a top team instead of developing the wealth of draft picks you had a couple years ago. marshon is getting caught right in the middle of this to some extent.

Last edited by gigantes : 12-26-2012 at 07:15 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Yeah I don't get that. Brooks should begetting around 20 mpg. He's better than 10mpg.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
swe_suns
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i remember reading some fairly detailed analysis at netsdaily and/or maybe realgm- basically they were saying that marshon is one of the most mistake-prone and one-dimensional players on the team. i.e., sounds like it's much more than just a problem with his D. allegedly, he consistently breaks plays and makes bad decisions on both ends of the floor.

last season they could afford to give him plenty of minutes with those limitations. this season they don't have that luxury what with all the pressure to perform. reminds me of the CDR situation from a couple years ago. marshon actually seems like a nicer and more humble guy, so i hope he's working very hard in practice and the film room on this stuff.

it's definitely a shame that we can't showcase him better or develop him for the future. both of those problems come from what's turning out to be a strategic disaster with the nets-- trying to spend your way into becoming a top team instead of developing the wealth of draft picks you had a couple years ago. marshon is getting caught right in the middle of this to some extent.

I was watching the game last night and I'm sure that he couldn't have done worse than the guys on the floor. Broken plays all over the place ending with ISO-JOE or ISO-DWILL. Looked really bad.
swe_suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Not saying he could be that good but he averages 17/4/3 per 36min.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Not saying he could be that good but he averages 17/4/3 per 36min.
That isn't an overstatement.

Those scoring numbers are actually less than what I could see him averaging in the right situation.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

guys dont forget mirza, he is also a victim of averys shit rotation, how the **** is reggie evans getting more minutes than mirza teletovic, evans avgs .5 pts a game on 20 min a rip
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #10
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

last season they could afford to give him plenty of minutes with those limitations. this season they don't have that luxury what with all the pressure to perform. a little reminiscent of the CDR situation from a couple years ago, minus the pressure. marshon actually seems like a nicer and more humble guy, so i hope he's working very hard in practice and the film room on this stuff.

If the Nets went with that youth movement/rebuilding route they would still strategically strike out once their rookie contracts expired and Billy King overaid them like he would do in Philly.

Nets need to salvage the situation by hiring a big name HC.

Nets, Jets, & Mets is all the same thing.

Would hate to be a fan of all 3
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
guys dont forget mirza, he is also a victim of averys shit rotation, how the **** is reggie evans getting more minutes than mirza teletovic, evans avgs .5 pts a game on 20 min a rip
Reggie Evans plays so much because he is the best rebounder in the game and brings an added dose of toughness that Brook Lopez still doesn't bring.

Unless this Mirza guy can play SF then I don't think you'll see him play at all this season.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe_suns
I was watching the game last night and I'm sure that he couldn't have done worse than the guys on the floor. Broken plays all over the place ending with ISO-JOE or ISO-DWILL. Looked really bad.
it's just not pretty any way you slice it. i'm not even sure our starting PG belongs on the floor at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
If the Nets went with that youth movement/rebuilding route they would still strategically strike out once their rookie contracts expired and Billy King overaid them like he would do in Philly.

Nets need to salvage the situation by hiring a big name HC.
IMO it's a bigger problem than either king or the HC. it comes from the imperative to win now from on top.

even if king drafted, developed, and overpaid some young players, AT LEAST IT WOULD BE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. at least the nets would be in the same position of the good to very good teams around the league who tried to build the right way, gave their fans something interesting to watch and something to look forward to for the future.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Avery Johnson... He should just fire himself even if the Nets do not dismiss him. Its been almost 2 months, and hes done absolutely nothing for this team. I mean, nothing. Well, maybe not if destroying Marshon Brooks is considered something he has 'contributed'.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
senelcoolidge
College star

Marshon was almost a Clipper. Even if he would have been a bench player it would have been fun for him. He would be on a winning team. In most Clipper games all 12 players score at least a point.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
imnew09
2*/5

A. Jamison for Marshon brooks.

Do it Mitch!
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: