Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Your favorite game series?

I think mine has to be the Sonic series from Sega Genesis. I found out a few days ago that there's a Sonic 4 downloadable game in the PS3 store. Now I'm stoked to buy it. Haha
When I was a kid, the Sonic the Hedgehog games had to be the best games I played in the '90s. When the "Sonic Mega Collections" was released for GameCube a few years ago, I didn't mind pitching out the $40+ for it brand new.

Other series worth mentioning:
- GTA (probably tied for #1 best series imo)
- Gran Turismo
- inFamous 1 & 2

There are others, such as Assassin's Creed, that I would have mentioned but I haven't played them much, so I can't really vouch for how great they are (though I will admit the AC series is pretty bad ass).
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your favorite game series?

Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Dino Crisis.
I got Resident Evil 2&3 installed in my Ps3! WOOOOOO!

Although, InFamous has a great storyline, but they need to improve the missions and gameplay.. Im startin to feel like im playin spiderman.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Donkey kong country was one of my favorites growing up. All three on the snes were a ton of fun. Even the N64 game was awesome. I would love to play the latest one but I don't have a wii.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

In order:

Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
God of War
Gears of War
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Driver
Burnout
Streets of Rage
Tomb Raider
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

GTA
Resident Evil
Halo
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All those old school games like Donkey Kong and Mario or whatever were the best. But in terms of PS3 and the new generation. I would have to go with Jak 1 , 2 and 3 / God of War 1 2 and 3.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

1) Uncharted
2) GTA
3) Super Mario
4) God Of War
5) Modern Warfare (I suppose)

Don't play many video games anymore, so I'm encountering a heavy case of amnesia.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd say GTA, Uncharted, and Resident Evil.

I have the most history with RE, but I was a bit disappointed with the last one, and they've had some filler games in there that were really disappointing. Uncharted could jump if this third one is as good as it looks, or even just as good as the last one really. GTA is still a social event for me in my mid thirties. I have a couple buddies who are gamers, and it remains the only game really that we all get and talk about. They are so long though they almost become like work finishing them. IV I remember coming home after work and not looking forward to the thought of needing to put a few hours in to make some headway.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Top 5 would be Fallout, Metal Gear Solid, Command & Conquer, Tekken and Sim City.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Gta
Mgs
Ac
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mortal Kombat would be my favorite. Out of 9 games released, only one disappointed me, and that was MK Vs. DC.

Following closely is Gears of War and Grand Theft Auto.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

These are the ones that stand out to me:

Crash Bandicoot
Uncharted
GTA
Legend of Zelda
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tomb Raider

Resident Evil

Grand Theft Auto
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller

Blackisbig has decent reputation

Half Life
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote