Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default With Brittney Griner, Baylor No. 1 in women's preseason basketball poll

Brittney Griner and Baylor are picking up right where they finished last season - at No. 1.

The Lady Bears are ranked at the top of the preseason women's basketball poll by the Associated Press for the second straight year. Baylor had the No. 1 spot for the entire season last year en route to its second national championship and a 40-0 record...

Connecticut, Duke, Stanford and Maryland round out the first five...

Duke returns a talented inside-outside combination with center Elizabeth Williams and guard Chelsea Grey. Williams is still recovering from a stress fracture in her lower right leg -- she played through it during the NCAA tournament.

Stanford, like Connecticut has made it to the past five straight Final Fours, yet is still looking for its first national championship since 1992. The Cardinal are led by versatile forward Chiney Ogwumike.

Brenda Frese may have her deepest team at Maryland, although the Terrapins took a hit when sophomore point guard Brene Moseley tore her left anterior cruciate ligament in a scrimmage Sunday.

-- Associated Press
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: With Brittney Griner, Baylor No. 1 in women's preseason basketball poll

Griner wasn't the only unanimous choice on the preseason team. Delaware senior Elena Delle Donne and Notre Dame senior Skylar Diggins were also on all 40 ballots. Stanford's Chiney Ogwumike (23 votes), Maryland's Alyssa Thomas (19) and Baylor's Odyssey Sims (19) rounded out the squad. It's the first time there's been a tie for the final spot since the team began in 1995-96.

Only five other players have been unanimous selections - Courtney Paris, Chamique Holdsclaw, Diana Taurasi, Seimone Augustus and Candace Parker.

Griner and Sims are the sixth set of teammates to be on the preseason team. They helped Baylor go undefeated last season en route to the school's second national championship. The pair have the Lady Bears back at No. 1 in the preseason AP Top 25 poll.

-- Associated Press
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation
Default Re: With Brittney Griner, Baylor No. 1 in women's preseason basketball poll

Why isn't she in the WNBA? What's the point of going back and risking getting injured?
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Poor Jeff. Has to pretend he or anyone else cares about the WNBA.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Why isn't she in the WNBA? What's the point of going back and risking getting injured?
Cause this is the WNBA not the NBA. She needs all the education she can get, cause the WNBA ladies don't make enough in a 30 game season. They play overseas also.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Cause this is the WNBA not the NBA. She needs all the education she can get, cause the WNBA ladies don't make enough in a 30 game season. They play overseas also.
So? She could always go back to school and finish her last year if her career goes south or she picks up an injury.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #7
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Have you ever heard Griner talk? She sounds like Shaq.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: