Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Default NBA Draft has us taking Maurice Ager

According to NBAdraft.net, the Knicks are lined up to take Maurice Ager in Wednesday's draft.

This is their analysis:

NBA Comparison: Derek Anderson

Strengths: One of the most explosive athletes in the college game ... Consistently raises his level of play in big games, great competitor ... Excellent all around scorer ... Good outside shooter with range out to three point ... Creates well off the dribble with terrific ball handling ability ... Strong one on one skills, has a nose for scoring ... Good at slashing to the basket and finishing ... Great speed and quickness in the open floor ... Aggressive player who gets to the line often and converts his FTs at a good clip. Averaged over 90% as a senior in high school ... Excellent body control, can get some spectacular ally oops and put backs when crashing the glass ... Excellent rebounder at the guard position, not afraid of contact ... Long wingspan and good hands ... Plays sound defense and his foot speed can create problems for opponents ... Hard worker who has shown steady improvement over his 4 years at Michigan St. ...

Weaknesses: Undersized at 6-4 for the 2guard position but has long arms and great athleticism to make up for it ... Vision and passing ability is average ... Should focus on becoming a better defender. Seems to give more effort towards scoring ... Doesn't pick up many steals defensively ... Can be too aggressive shooting outside but will keep shooting through a slump ... Body strength has gotten better but could be improved upon to absorb contact inside ...
-------------------------------
So in other words and undersized chucker who doesn't really know how to move the ball, but sure can score on his own. We've never had a player like that before. He doesn't sound anything like Crawford or Francis or Marbury.

If we draft Maurice Ager, I will not join in the excitement that generally follows a draft. When the papers write "He is the kind of explosive scorer any team could want in the mold of Dwayne Wade" I will mock it.

Why not use our brains and draft Hilton Armstrong. A burly center from UConn. He cannot score, but he defends. He is 6'11. Can put him in to replace Curry and add some D. At pick #20, just looking to fill gaps with role players.

Get me Hilton.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

it wouldnt make any sense to draft him because we got marbury, francis, crawford, nate, jalen, q-richardson. ager is a good player but he wouldnt get any playin time.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Don't pay attention to it. If the Knick take Ager it will be at 29. Which means they likely have already drafted either Hilton armstrong or Sene Saer
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Da KO King, I love your posts because they are exactly what I would say or things that I like. But his name is Saer Sene not Sene Saer.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

I don't think we need Ager, Armstrong would be a much better addition to our team
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

20. Shawne Williams/ Mardy Collins

29. Ager
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
Da KO King, I love your posts because they are exactly what I would say or things that I like. But his name is Saer Sene not Sene Saer.
Well you know how the saying goes about great minds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
20. Shawne Williams/ Mardy Collins

29. Ager
Why would you want the Knicks to draft two more wing men? I'm fine with drafting one but two???

Saer Sene, thanks HKSVIP, at 20 and best available wing player at 29. Hopefully Thabo Sebafalo(sp?) slips and can be had at 29. Not likely to happen but a guy can dream right??
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

we are drafting shawne williams at 20 if he's available, that's a given..i wanted anthony johnson at 29 but i doubt his there.
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #9
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Shawne Williams is alright at 20 but I'd rather get Saer Sene, You're Welcome KO, or Hilton Armstrong @ 20 if they fall. @ 29 we're getting Diaz and trading him to Miami for Dorell Wright better trade for us. Shawne Williams has a vertical of 31" and was the weakest at bench pressing. I bet Nate can dunk better than this kid and Shawne is 12"+ taller than Nate.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 AM   #10
houselog442
I airball my layups

i wouldnt be surprised if Ager goes to utah at 14. I think they may go for lowry if he is there but prolly a small forward
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: