Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wow, George Karl is a hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Tyson Chandler is the most important player on the Knicks, but they're very much a team. Kidd was an excellent addition to that team.

No he's not.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
No he's not.

Yeah he is, best defender, best rebounder and biggest player on the team.
Plays perfect offense within his capabilities and because of that is the player in the league closest to 100% from the floor.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Yeah he is, best defender, best rebounder and biggest player on the team.
Plays perfect offense within his capabilities and because of that is the player in the league closest to 100% from the floor.

I can assure he is not, and no one who watches the Knicks play every night would say he is.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I can assure he is not, and no one who watches the Knicks play every night would say he is.

In an intangible way I think he might be. But I could say the same for Jason Kidd. Chandler was the big change last year and he's unquestionably on the all-star fringes right now, whereas Kidd might not be a starter when Shumpert comes back (scratch that, Kidd is likely a starter until at least next season)...tho Kidd's not really that much less than he was two seasons ago in Dallas. They just underutilized him in that offense and last year was just an atrocity from many of those players.

But as far as intangibles go, you could make the argument for either Kidd or Chandler. But anyone who isn't blind can see that this is the best Melo has played in some time and maybe ever, because of his defense. I will reserve judgement on that when he gets back to SF, which we need him to.

If there was a trade out there where we could get some great PF (if one is available) and Amare and Felton were requested...I'm confident that Jason Kidd could be the out-and-out PG and I even think he'd be better than Felton...that's how much I think of Jason Kidd...even without that, he's the leader.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
konex, you make terrible threads.

And you make terrible posts. What's the difference?
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Karl is a douche. Doesn't surprise me, he'll say what he's thinking. I'll tell you what does surprise me tho, is the fact that these words actually came out of his mouth. Karl might be a hater, but this was a pretty big compliment in his mind I imagine.

Quote:
"I've always said that Melo is going to win a championship someday,'' Karl said. "He's going to figure out that numbers and stat sheets aren't important, it's the team scoreboard and the intangibles in the end that make the winners champions."

Not to mention players like Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd etc. are his wet dream, so he probably does truly believe their more important.

I think the main problem with Karl is the fact that he'll say what he's thinking and has that I don't care mentality with the media ... but he hasn't had the success to back it up.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Karl is a douche. Doesn't surprise me, he'll say what he's thinking. I'll tell you what does surprise me tho, is the fact that these words actually came out of his mouth. Karl might be a hater, but this was a pretty big compliment in his mind I imagine.

Not to mention players like Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd etc. are his wet dream, so he probably does truly believe their more important.

I think the main problem with Karl is the fact that he'll say what he's thinking and has that I don't care mentality with the media ... but he hasn't had the success to back it up.
Yeah, I trust you are a NuggetsFan (just a hunch) so you likely have seen George Karl more than a lot of us. I mean, I've heard he's a jerk, but I don't really know for certain. Even with that said, I do not believe he has to have had championship success on the NBA level in order to say as he pleases. And again, it's not as if what he was saying was just coming completely out of left field and had no chance of being true. It's not as if he was labeling David Robinson a cheat and a devil worshiper.

Again, regardless of how successful I was as a coach, if someone asks me about a former player of mine, I might give a short answer, or I might elaborate and say a little more. And maybe I'll just give a politically correct answer ("I wish him well in his endeavors"). Either way, his statements didn't really come off as being anything close to inflammatory in my opinion.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

George Karl dislikes Melo. Its obvious. He'll never admit to such and will boil his backhanded compliments to him "wanting Melo to succeed" etc but in truth, he has strong disdain for Melo.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
In an intangible way I think he might be. But I could say the same for Jason Kidd. Chandler was the big change last year and he's unquestionably on the all-star fringes right now, whereas Kidd might not be a starter when Shumpert comes back (scratch that, Kidd is likely a starter until at least next season)...tho Kidd's not really that much less than he was two seasons ago in Dallas. They just underutilized him in that offense and last year was just an atrocity from many of those players.

But as far as intangibles go, you could make the argument for either Kidd or Chandler. But anyone who isn't blind can see that this is the best Melo has played in some time and maybe ever, because of his defense. I will reserve judgement on that when he gets back to SF, which we need him to.

If there was a trade out there where we could get some great PF (if one is available) and Amare and Felton were requested...I'm confident that Jason Kidd could be the out-and-out PG and I even think he'd be better than Felton...that's how much I think of Jason Kidd...even without that, he's the leader.

In a very tangible way, I can tell you that Tyson Chandler is not the best player on the team. In fact over the first 10 or so games, he was playing like crap, and people were talking about how overrated he is.

Here's a sample of what others had to say from realgm
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...9ac4e712a97f6e

If you think Tyson is more important than Melo, you're either a hater or intellectually deficient.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
George Karl dislikes Melo. Its obvious. He'll never admit to such and will boil his backhanded compliments to him "wanting Melo to succeed" etc but in truth, he has strong disdain for Melo.
This could be true as well. With the way the Anthony situation worked out in Denver (and with the millions of things that could have potentially occurred behind the scenes that we'll never know about) it surely seems possible that the two of them may have not gotten along at times. Could we classify that as Karl being a hater though, unless we knew all of the issues he had with Anthony were unfounded and/or unsubstantiated?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, I trust you are a NuggetsFan (just a hunch) so you likely have seen George Karl more than a lot of us. I mean, I've heard he's a jerk, but I don't really know for certain. Even with that said, I do not believe he has to have had championship success on the NBA level in order to say as he pleases. And again, it's not as if what he was saying was just coming completely out of left field and had no chance of being true. It's not as if he was labeling David Robinson a cheat and a devil worshiper.

Again, regardless of how successful I was as a coach, if someone asks me about a former player of mine, I might give a short answer, or I might elaborate and say a little more. And maybe I'll just give a politically correct answer ("I wish him well in his endeavors"). Either way, his statements didn't really come off as being anything close to inflammatory in my opinion.

I guess for me that attitude you'll see him have kinda pisses me off. His ego with rotations etc. have always bugged me but he's a great coach at the end of the day, just think without the true success of winning a ring he should maybe keep his thoughts to himself. Than again if there's no Jordan, dude probably has a ring.

I'm not even sure George Karl truly hates Melo. I think Melo asking to be traded and cause drama\distractions for a team that Karl had high hopes for, pissed him off. I think he always had believed Melo had that talent but lacked in areas, he's the type of guy that'll come out with it. No doubt might be a little rude but at the same time he's coached Carmelo Anthony more than anybody, might not be his coach anymore but that doesn't change the past.

Either way it's not surprising.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I guess for me that attitude you'll see him have kinda pisses me off. His ego with rotations etc. have always bugged me but he's a great coach at the end of the day, just think without the true success of winning a ring he should maybe keep his thoughts to himself. Than again if there's no Jordan, dude probably has a ring.

I'm not even sure George Karl truly hates Melo. I think Melo asking to be traded and cause drama\distractions for a team that Karl had high hopes for, pissed him off. I think he always had believed Melo had that talent but lacked in areas, he's the type of guy that'll come out with it. No doubt might be a little rude but at the same time he's coached Carmelo Anthony more than anybody, might not be his coach anymore but that doesn't change the past.

Either way it's not surprising.
I feel you there. You seem pretty well-balanced in your analysis. I'll still disagree with the "no true success = thoughts to self" declaration, but I think that's just a matter of opinion. Good stuff otherwise.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
In a very tangible way, I can tell you that Tyson Chandler is not the best player on the team. In fact over the first 10 or so games, he was playing like crap, and people were talking about how overrated he is.

Here's a sample of what others had to say from realgm
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...9ac4e712a97f6e

If you think Tyson is more important than Melo, you're either a hater or intellectually deficient.

I never said Chandler was the team's best player. I've made it clear on Anthony. So that doesn't make any sense.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I feel you there. You seem pretty well-balanced in your analysis. I'll still disagree with the "no true success = thoughts to self" declaration, but I think that's just a matter of opinion. Good stuff otherwise.

I'm sure I would normally too, but this Denver Nuggets team struggling right now hasn't helped me with Karl lately
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I never said Chandler was the team's best player. I've made it clear on Anthony. So that doesn't make any sense.

Tyson is neither the best nor the most important player on the Knicks.

Don't get me wrong, he is an integral part of their success. But he is definitely not the most important player on the team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: