Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Wow, George Karl is a hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Tyson is neither the best nor the most important player on the Knicks.

Don't get me wrong, he is an integral part of their success. But he is definitely not the most important player on the team.

Player, no...but the argument can be made (and this is a slight late edit) that he was the most important piece, as he helped establish a defensive identity and is a team player and all that shit. And you could make the case that Anthony being there was more important as it attracted guys like Chandler. And if Amare stays and goes back to being an all-star we could make the case that he was the difference maker...stuff like that is all subjective to how you want to approach it. At the end of the day, we're playing well and I don't think there's anything wrong with Karl's comments. Of course, Niko said he heard the full interview. I haven't so I'll reserve judgement on that.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
This could be true as well. With the way the Anthony situation worked out in Denver (and with the millions of things that could have potentially occurred behind the scenes that we'll never know about) it surely seems possible that the two of them may have not gotten along at times. Could we classify that as Karl being a hater though, unless we knew all of the issues he had with Anthony were unfounded and/or unsubstantiated?

Sure he could've had valid issues w/ Melo's play etc, but the guy is not your player anymore, hasn't been for 3 years now. When asked about his current play, you should simply say "he's certainly playing very well right now, the Knicks are playing very well right now, good luck to them". Instead we have Karl, subtly criticizing him.

I don't follow the Nuggets so I've no idea on how the so-called "Melodrama" affected that team. I'd assume it probably was very distracting. Let's be real though, at the end of the day Melo has clearly moved on from the Denver saga, and in fact actually helped the Nuggets franchise move on as well by forcing a trade in which they received a boatload of solid pieces instead of leaving them high and dry (like Lebron did to Cleveland).

Both teams got what they wanted in the trade.

Karl doesn't seem to have it in him to forgive and forget, and move on. I heard that MSG interview last night, he still sounds like a bitter ex.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #33
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Sure he could've had valid issues w/ Melo's play etc, but the guy is not your player anymore, hasn't been for 3 years now. When asked about his current play, you should simply say "he's certainly playing very well right now, the Knicks are playing very well right now, good luck to them". Instead we have Karl, subtly criticizing him.

I don't follow the Nuggets so I've no idea on how the so-called "Melodrama" affected that team. I'd assume it probably was very distracting. Let's be real though, at the end of the day Melo has clearly moved on from the Denver saga, and in fact actually helped the Nuggets franchise move on as well by forcing a trade in which they received a boatload of solid pieces instead of leaving them high and dry (like Lebron did to Cleveland).

Both teams got what they wanted in the trade.

Karl doesn't seem to have it in him to forgive and forget, and move on. I heard that MSG interview last night, he still sounds like a bitter ex.
I suppose I'd have to see the actual interview, as right now I'm only going off of what was provided in the original post. I understand where you're coming from, I just do not necessarily agree with some of it. I do not believe a coach should refuse to offer an honest opinion on a player if that player is not one of his own. To reference that popular phrase from a few years ago, sometimes it just is what it is. There's worse things in life than a coach saying a player had to recognize there was more to succeeding than just trying to drop big numbers.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 12-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #34
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

He should be a hater, he had to suffer trying to coach him and make him stop taking retarded shots and live up to his potential for all those years and now he's getting credit for being on a better team.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #35
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Ask him again once Amare returns.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds like the truth.

Did you miss the Knicks blow out the Heat without Melo?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #37
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Sounds like the truth.

Did you miss the Knicks blow out the Heat without Melo?

They also lost to the Bulls without him as well.

Did you miss the game where the Heat almost lost to the Spurs B team? Heat play down to their competition all the time, and are pretty much coasting.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #38
Young X
College star

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool

He's right though, Melo isn't really playing any different from how he played 5 years ago when he was barely top 15 in MVP voting, the difference is his team is winning, and the players around him are playing at a higher level than they ever did before.
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[quote=ClutchOver9000]I don't follow the Nuggets so I've no idea on how the so-called "Melodrama" affected that team. I'd assume it probably was very distracting. Let's be real though, at the end of the day Melo has clearly moved on from the Denver saga, and in fact actually helped the Nuggets franchise move on as well by forcing a trade in which they received a boatload of solid pieces instead of leaving them high and dry (like Lebron did to Cleveland)/QUOTE]

melo only forced a trade so that he could get a contract extension before the new CBA came in, so that he could get a bigger salary. it had nothing to do with making sure that the nuggets would get some nice pieces in return.

i cant totally understand that karl feels like melo fvcked him over.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #40
twintowers
I hit open layups

twintowers has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
I can assure he is not, and no one who watches the Knicks play every night would say he is.

Raymond Felton.
twintowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #41
Blingster
***Nuggets***

Blingster has decent reputationBlingster has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'm sure I would normally too, but this Denver Nuggets team struggling right now hasn't helped me with Karl lately

Ain't that the freaking truth!!

To me Karl is an ego maniac.. I'm sure saying anything even remotely positive about Melo damn near killed him. BTW: coming for Karl, it was a compliment. Him and Melo never had a great relationship; from what I heard they started getting along better after the trade..
Blingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #42
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

It's the truth. But anybody that knows Karl, knows he's giving a backhanded compliment. He's the king of it. He put out some negative statements about Melo last year, and Kmart from Clipperland even had to speak out about how much bullsh*t it is for Karl to try to discredit Melo now that he's gone. Him saying he always thought Melo would win a championship is bull, he's just covering his own ass right now, because he couldn't properly coach him there.

He's an ego driven asshole, that always wears out his welcome. The fact that he has a job shows why Melo was smart to get out of Denver.

Why doesn't George use his amazing basketball acumen to explain why Melo's gone, Iggy is there, and the Nuggets still can't play defense. May be worse. It's because his lazy offensive "system" leads to stupid defensive mistakes in his lazy defensive system.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #43
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Tyson is neither the best nor the most important player on the Knicks.

Don't get me wrong, he is an integral part of their success. But he is definitely not the most important player on the team.

whoa, that's an unusual opinion

I'm from the tri-state area, and this (that is, that Chandler is the most important player on the team) is the sentiment of almost every big Knicks fan among my family/friends
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #44
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's somehow hating because he said the Knicks are great due to team effort, not Melo by himself? And then he goes on to say Melo will win a championship someday. OP is reaching so far, everyone thinks he's been doing yoga.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #45
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
whoa, that's an unusual opinion

I'm from the tri-state area, and this (that is, that Chandler is the most important player on the team) is the sentiment of almost every big Knicks fan among my family/friends
90% of Knicks fans are stupid, embarrassing, & have a child's-like perception of basketball.

Every "opinion" is a heat of the moment type thing

Those same friends/family likely thought we should keep D'Antoni because of his success in Phoenix, trade Melo for spare parts, find a taker for Amare, and keep building around Linsanity.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: