Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Week 15.... Holy Crap

Vikes Rams

V-Code.. we need this... Purple Pride..

All Day, Jared Allen, and Harrison Smith will all have huge games once again.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm actually pretty nervous about the bengals/eagles game, but I'm always nervous about the bengals, so this is par for the course.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I've read from a couple of people on Twitter that Saban really has no leverage with Alabama in terms of leaving them for a better job in the NCAA so he has to use leaving to the NFL to put contract terms in his favor. How much do you think that's factoring into the rumors?
I'm not sure how much Saban is fueling the rumors, if at all. There are a couple of other factors at play, here.

First, I think it has more to do with Haslam than anything Saban is doing. I think the new owner wants to make a splash and, like I said, he is an SEC guy.

The other main thing are these Mike Lombardi rumors. If Lombardi were to come to Cleveland as GM, it would be a sign that Saban may be following him. The Boston Globe reported the other day that Saban has let it be known that he would only come back to the NFL if it was to be coach with Lombardi as GM. It just so happens that the Browns are reportedly interested in Lombardi as GM? Seems like our front office may be on Saban's trail.

Plus, both guys have a history in Cleveland. Back during Bill Belichick's time in Cleveland, Saban was the defensive coordinator and Lombardi was director of player personnel. There are many elements to these rumors and, unlike just out of the blue rambling in the media, this stuff does actually add up.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you even want Saban? He already failed at Miami and he's a great college coach but I think he may struggle as the parity of the league is different for him.

Recent collage coaches like Harbough and Schianno have been successful and I think partly because they didn't come from the huge schools who can get any recruit they want. Basically they are damn good coaches who know how to make the most out of their talent.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NE/SF line is too big, no? I think SF can win outright, so to me it seems high.

Dez Bryant thing is tricky, besides the props to him for playing, i question the wisdom if this thought that him hurting that finger again could cause permanent damage. Am i missing the Super Bowl run that Dallas is on that you'd risk that type of talent? Might just be hyperbole or a tiny chance but the news reports don't make it sound like that.

If he is at serious risk of hurting his career long term i sit him. If the Cowboys are superbowl bound, he'd need to play 7 more games. He's not going to bang the finger in the next 7 games?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
NE/SF line is too big, no? I think SF can win outright, so to me it seems high.

Dez Bryant thing is tricky, besides the props to him for playing, i question the wisdom if this thought that him hurting that finger again could cause permanent damage. Am i missing the Super Bowl run that Dallas is on that you'd risk that type of talent? Might just be hyperbole or a tiny chance but the news reports don't make it sound like that.

If he is at serious risk of hurting his career long term i sit him. If the Cowboys are superbowl bound, he'd need to play 7 more games. He's not going to bang the finger in the next 7 games?

Yeah, id force Dez to sit if i were Dallas. Not worth the risk.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Do you even want Saban? He already failed at Miami and he's a great college coach but I think he may struggle as the parity of the league is different for him.

Recent collage coaches like Harbough and Schianno have been successful and I think partly because they didn't come from the huge schools who can get any recruit they want. Basically they are damn good coaches who know how to make the most out of their talent.
I could live with the idea of Saban, but I absolutely do not want Lombardi as GM. I think Saban was 16-18 in Miami over two seasons with a carousel of bad quarterbacks. He didn't really do horribly under the circumstances.

Lombardi, on the other hand, does not impress me in the least and I think Heckert has done a great job putting together a ton of young talent. If the idea was to keep Heckert and replace Shurmur with Saban, I could get behind it.

Starting back over from scratch, though? It seems like we go through this every two years. I understand that the new owner wants to have his hand-picked guys in place, but he should also be able to recognize when he has something good.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, id force Dez to sit if i were Dallas. Not worth the risk.
no one really knows the real risk..."he might lose some flexibility in his finger"

no one can blame Dez for wanting to play...he would get more frowns for sitting for sure
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Which is why the team should make the decision even if the player says yes. Like i said, i give Dez props. But "permanent numbness in the finger" as the articles says doesn't strike me as positive.

I have permanent loss of flexibility in the pinky and finger next to it in my left hand (the pinky the most, it can't move properly). It's not a big deal but i've dropped things i was holding in my left hand. If it was one of the two larger fingers it strikes me as a bad thing. (Both fingers were badly fractured when I was a teenager.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the doctors said something like "he could lose his finger for good and never catch a football again" I am sure Jerry would step in and say "sit your ass down"

I am thinking the team wants him to play, but when dealing with something that could affect him for good they have to give the choice to him or maybe risk a lawsuit...you just can't force a player to play if he might be affected for good
Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Pacman Jones has quietly been having a great year both as a CB and as a return man.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #27
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The f*** is Andy Dalton doing? I'm not watching but he's got me -0.8 points through three quarters.

Horrible time for him to show up and completely shit the bed; for fantasy purposes and real life purposes.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

The fck is Philly doing? I am facing Bengal D and these fcks turn the ball over 20 times.

Bengal D scoring 50 tonight...
Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The f*** is Andy Dalton doing? I'm not watching but he's got me -0.8 points through three quarters.

Horrible time for him to show up and completely shit the bed; for fantasy purposes and real life purposes.

I started Green\Gresham .. and Bryce Brown. FML
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #30
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

So this Bryce Brown guy..... not panning out the way we thought he was going to be those great games are just a mirage.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: