Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #376
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: Week 15.... Holy Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
if someone thinks 13/22 149 yards isn't good, then we have some pretty high standards for "solid" game.
Its 13 for 28. Even worse.

Nvm thought you were talking about sanchez.

Last edited by BrickingStar : 12-18-2012 at 12:03 AM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #377
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
if someone thinks 13/22 149 yards isn't good, then we have some pretty high standards for "solid" game.
Locker stinks. But Sanchez showed that you can do worse.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #378
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Locker didn't cause any turnovers and got a running TD and got the win. It's only his 9th start anyway, he's very very raw.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #379
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He was responsible for the death of another member of their organization from Drunk driving and he was allowed to be part of the Dallas Cowboys on their sideline a week later. That's just asinine. He should never be allowed to be associated with them ever again. You're a cowboy because you deserve it and they choose you, not as a god given right. He forfeited that.

I think everyone is very casual about this because he didn't drive a car that killed Ware or Bryant or Romo. If it was an important player, he'd be exiled and people would be calling for him to be hung practically.

Are you serious right now? They were like extremely close. I don't know every detail of the situation but I assume like always it takes one person to drive drunk and in cases like this, one person to get in a car with somebody who's intoxicated. I'm almost positive the mom has already said she's forgave him and that her son looking down wouldn't want her placing blame on him. Didn't this guy go to the funeral with the family? I thought I read somewhere they were like legit bestfriends. I guarantee you he's beating himself up more than any random reading ESPN or any commentator that works for FOX.

It's just football to us fans and the media that covers it but it's these guy's lives. I imagine alot of them are extremely close. Once again could have swore I read that his teammates were the one who insisted on him coming to the game, probably because they wanted to show a close friend some support. Who are we as fans, the media to deny them that? If the Cowboys don't want him there than that's fine, their his employer but if he was allowed to sit on the sidelines than it's really none of our business. Everybody should just stay out of the personal stuff.

Guy made a mistake. An extremely big one that happens to be very common in the world. He was just extremely unlucky that he happened to kill his best friend. Probably why his teammates are showing support. Happens alot in the NFL\NBA\MLB or whatever, lots of them are just lucky enough that they don't hurt anybody and end up with a DUI. Brent clearly not so lucky and he'll pay for his mistakes as he should. From a judge tho, not a broadcaster on NBC or football fans ..
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #380
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Are you serious right now? They were like extremely close. I don't know every detail of the situation but I assume like always it takes one person to drive drunk and in cases like this, one person to get in a car with somebody who's intoxicated. I'm almost positive the mom has already said she's forgave him and that her son looking down wouldn't want her placing blame on him. Didn't this guy go to the funeral with the family? I thought I read somewhere they were like legit bestfriends. I guarantee you he's beating himself up more than any random reading ESPN or any commentator that works for FOX.

It's just football to us fans and the media that covers it but it's these guy's lives. I imagine alot of them are extremely close. Once again could have swore I read that his teammates were the one who insisted on him coming to the game, probably because they wanted to show a close friend some support. Who are we as fans, the media to deny them that? If the Cowboys don't want him there than that's fine, their his employer but if he was allowed to sit on the sidelines than it's really none of our business. Everybody should just stay out of the personal stuff.

Guy made a mistake. An extremely big one that happens to be very common in the world. He was just extremely unlucky that he happened to kill his best friend. Probably why his teammates are showing support. Happens alot in the NFL\NBA\MLB or whatever, lots of them are just lucky enough that they don't hurt anybody and end up with a DUI. Brent clearly not so lucky and he'll pay for his mistakes as he should. From a judge tho, not a broadcaster on NBC or football fans ..
He should not have been on the sideline of the game. PERIOD. He's going to jail. SOMEONE DIED. Someone needs to have more common sense. It sends an absolutely awful message, this man did something that resulted in the death of one of our own, and he's allowed to still be part of the game the next week.

The organization can stand by him. I get that. The mom can forgive him. I'm not saying he needs to be exiled. But he cannot be on the sideline of a game the next week. He just can't. That's just stupid. It sends the message pretty much that what he did that resulted in the death of his teammate is not enough to remove him from their team.

Teams send players home for acting up and yelling. The Cowboys didn't send him home for making a mistake that got someone killed.

Please note: This was not a mistake that should get the cowboys villified, it was a mistake trying to be compassionate. But it was a mistake all the same.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #381
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He should not have been on the sideline of the game. PERIOD. He's going to jail. SOMEONE DIED. Someone needs to have more common sense. It sends an absolutely awful message, this man did something that resulted in the death of one of our own, and he's allowed to still be part of the game the next week.

The organization can stand by him. I get that. The mom can forgive him. I'm not saying he needs to be exiled. But he cannot be on the sideline of a game the next week. He just can't. That's just stupid. It sends the message pretty much that what he did that resulted in the death of his teammate is not enough to remove him from their team.

Teams send players home for acting up and yelling. The Cowboys didn't send him home for making a mistake that got someone killed.

Please note: This was not a mistake that should get the cowboys villified, it was a mistake trying to be compassionate. But it was a mistake all the same.

So when a player drives drunk and gets a DUI and gets what, like a 3 game suspension? What message does that send? As long as you drive drunk and are lucky enough to escape the situation without any real tragedy than it's only kinda bad and you're good to go after a couple games?

I dunno, yeah I guess he shouldn't of been there. I see it as the players wanting him there more than anything. Probably became friends, showing support. As football fans I don't think it's any of our business. Don't think athletes in general should be people who's "messages" we take seriously anyways.

Pretty sure the Cowboys didn't know and he left in the 2nd half. So really when you complain about him being there you're taking it up with the guy's on the roster that called him and wanted him to show, that to me is none of our business as football fans. Jerry Jones business because he owns the team, but not ours.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #382
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He was responsible for the death of another member of their organization from Drunk driving and he was allowed to be part of the Dallas Cowboys on their sideline a week later. That's just asinine. He should never be allowed to be associated with them ever again. You're a cowboy because you deserve it and they choose you, not as a god given right. He forfeited that.

I think everyone is very casual about this because he didn't drive a car that killed Ware or Bryant or Romo. If it was an important player, he'd be exiled and people would be calling for him to be hung practically. Note: No person is more important than another obviously. But the fact its not a player thats high profile makes it easier to not think about what happened as much.
Uh, I wasn't condoning him being on the sidelines, I was just pointing out that he likely isn't going to spend 20+ years in prison like primetime said.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #383
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Locker doesn't suck. He was playing well in the beginning of the year before he got hurt and in the emergency starts last year. He's going to be a good QB
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #384
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

He also had 7 carries for 43 yards and a TD. It was just a rather lame comment by ESPN. Locker didn't throw the game away. Locker didn't piss every chance at winning away. Locker didn't throw 4 costly picks. He didn't have a great game, but he also didn't suck like Sanchez did.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #385
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Uh, I wasn't condoning him being on the sidelines, I was just pointing out that he likely isn't going to spend 20+ years in prison like primetime said.
I was just adding to what you said, sorry if i came off otherwise. I'm at a loss as to how someone who took a teammates life by being careless (in a crime) is allowed to represent the team on the sideline (because if you are with the team, that is what you are doing). It feels like even the slightest punishment needs to be argued.

I can't imagine most jobs allowing an employee at a public function a week after killing a coworker in a DUI.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #386
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He stood on the sidelines, big fckin whoop...what is so special about that? he hasn't even gone to trial for anything yet.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #387
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
He stood on the sidelines, big fckin whoop...what is so special about that? he hasn't even gone to trial for anything yet.
It's common knowledge that he drove drunk, crashed, and so his friend died. I don't think that makes someone evil but if you're going to judge whether or not he should be on the sideline based on guilt? We all know he failed the breathalizer.

That said, I agree with you that him being on the sideline isn't a big deal. Let the courts see to his punishment. He will go to prison, his career is over, and he gets to go to his grave knowing that his horrible judgement killed his best friend.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #388
niko
I Run NY.

P.Tiddy, do you think the playoffs (making it) should be a referedum on if Garrett keeps his job or are you already decided on if he should or not? (And do you think he should or not?)
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #389
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
P.Tiddy, do you think the playoffs (making it) should be a referedum on if Garrett keeps his job or are you already decided on if he should or not? (And do you think he should or not?)
Garrett's fate is strange this year...we are at least 8-8 so he didn't coach a loser

for me personally, I have already decided he isn't a very good coach...actually he might be a good "coach" but he is an awful play caller...so for me to want him back I think Dallas needs to at least make the NFC Championship Game...But I am not sure what Jerry's criteria is for Garrett.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #390
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: