Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default If my computer screen is scrambled, will a new graphics card work?

I plug my computer into my TV via computer monitor cable..

the screen turns on scrambled the past couple months and idk what to do. i want to use it again because it has my music software on there..

any idea what to do?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If my computer screen is scrambled, will a new graphics card work?

Could be your connecting cable (DVI/VGA), I plug my laptop to a screen as well and screen distortion have always been due to faulty cable.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
HomieWeMajor
Thinking we local

HomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputation

Try your motherboard's video output
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
unbreakable

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
Try your motherboard's video output

is something done manually with my hands? or do you mean once the computer is on, i should check settings ?
Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
is something done manually with my hands? or do you mean once the computer is on, i should check settings ?
Does it have HDMI output? Use an HDMI cable to connect and see if it's still messed up.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
unbreakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Does it have HDMI output? Use an HDMI cable to connect and see if it's still messed up.

no hdmi input...

i did buy a new monitor cable recently as you suggested but the problem is still there.. googling said it may be my graphics card but i figured id ask here too if anyone had experience with it
Old 10-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
I plug my computer into my TV via computer monitor cable..

the screen turns on scrambled the past couple months and idk what to do. i want to use it again because it has my music software on there..

any idea what to do?

This sounds like the connection between your computer and your TV is not correct.

So it's probably either the cable (check for bent pins) or the seating of the video output on your computer. See if anything seems loose.

Try to connect to another monitor that is not your TV and see if you get the same issues, if you do, try another cable.

If your TV and computer both support HDMI, I would try that. HDMI cables are available for under $10 and the connection is much easier than a computer VGA connection.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: