Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
russwest0
Simon Wayne

russwest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this board
Default Rock Music is Completely Dead

Look at the billboard music award nominees and winners from last night.

Some "Lorde" bitch won "Best Rock Song" for a song called "Royals."

Some "Imagine Dragons" pop group won top rock group and top rock album.

Some other pop artists (who resemble rock music in no way, shape, or form) who were nominated for rock music awardswere people like "Lana Del Rey," and "Capital Cities." Not a single group up there who actually resembles rock music aside from "Fall Out Boy" who once was in the Rock genre but now has converted completely over to Pop music to stay relevant.

It's a damn shame.
russwest0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Dr Seuss
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Seuss is a pretty well-respected posterDr Seuss is a pretty well-respected posterDr Seuss is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rock Music is Completely Dead

what "rock" bands do you like/recommend?
Dr Seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
russwest0
Simon Wayne

russwest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this boardrusswest0 is popular on this board

I'd say the last big splash rock music had was when Green Day released American Idiot and My Chemical Romance followed that up with The Black Parade a year or two later.

Both albums received a ton of air play and got them a ton of TV time as well, in addition to both albums selling a shit load.

And this thread also isn't gonna be about "my rock is better than your rock" either. I love all types of rock music without the concern of what sub genre they happen to fall under.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People been saying this since like the 60s.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
russwest0
Simon Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
what "rock" bands do you like/recommend?

For newer bands?

MGMT's last 2 albums have been pretty good. If you are more of a pop listener to get involved with them I'd listen to their debut album first though.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Relinquish
National High School Star

Relinquish has decent reputation

Sure, pop rock, emo rock and radio soft bullshit rock is dead, but hard rock and metal is going strong.

Last edited by Relinquish : 05-19-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Relinquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
CeilingFan#1
Serious playground baller

CeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeilingFan#1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

What? That is when it took off.
CeilingFan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

This is very true.

It's been mostly dead in the sales/pop culture mainstream since 95-96. The exception being concert sales; rock music still dominates because hip hop and other modern pop doesn't translate very well to the stage.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
russwest0
Simon Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquish
Sure, pop rock, emo rock and radio soft bullshit rock is dead, but hard rock and metal is going strong.

here comes the sub genre warrior

I'm sure there are SOME good bands out there in EVERY genre.

The problem is the mainstream media isn't recognizing them at all so most of them will die off to go find other ways to make money.

And all the lack of REAL rock music representation in the media does is inspire less and less kids to get involved in and make rock music.

Last edited by russwest0 : 05-19-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
Relinquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeilingFan#1
What? That is when it took off.

Gotta love when people talk out of their ass and act like they know what they are talking about.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
russwest0
Simon Wayne

MGMT is a rare exception because the two original members did an assload of drugs in college and wrote like 3-4 pop songs that caused them to blow up.

But look at their 2nd album. BY FAR better than the first and debuted at #2 on the music charts and then instantly plummeted as soon as people realized it was a REAL rock album.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
Relinquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwest0
here comes the sub genre warrior

I'm sure there are SOME good bands out there in EVERY genre.

The problem is the mainstream media isn't recognizing them at all so most of them will die off to go find other ways to make money.

And all the lack of REAL rock music representation in the media does is inspire less and less kids to get involved in rock and roll and make rock music.

Metal will die off? You realize how dumb that sounds. Metal has been a prominent genre since the 70s and is still going strong. Metal is not meant to be a pop genre that plays on pop radio stations. It thrives off being out of the ordinary, and has for around forty years. I'm not a sub genre warrior. I included hard rock because it IS going strong, and tried my best to describe the genres of rock that have died off a bit without giving exact definitions of those genres. Metal is by no mean a sub-genre, it is its own genre with many, many different rich sub-genres. I'll just assume that you thought metal was merely a rock sub-genre.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
russwest0
Simon Wayne

where did I say that metal will die off?

my point flew right over your head son
Old 05-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #14
Relinquish

Quote:
where did I say that metal will die off?

my point flew right over your head son

Sorry, we both kind of jumped to conclusions and assumptions a bit there. You said sub-genres will die off and called me a sub-genre warrior, and I assumed that you thought metal was somehow a sub-genre, since I had included metal as one of the genres that was "going strong."
Old 05-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
MGMT is a rare exception because the two original members did an assload of drugs in college and wrote like 3-4 pop songs that caused them to blow up.

But look at their 2nd album. BY FAR better than the first and debuted at #2 on the music charts and then instantly plummeted as soon as people realized it was a REAL rock album.

Lol what the **** are you talking about; are you retarded?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: