Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Default Celtics vs Knicks in 7 game Series

Who you got this year?
The improved Knicks vs the Celtics which always bring it in playoffs
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

Default Re: Celtics vs Knicks in 7 game Series

knicks easy
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

The Celtics have answers for anything the Knicks can throw at them. My only concern is rebounding, but that's largely effort anyway.

Knicks start well
Celtics finish well
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Clutch
NBA Legend

So far the Knicks have looked better but there's still 4 more months until the playoffs. Anything can happen.
Let's wait until Amare,Shumpert and Camby all get healthy and see how the Knicks will look with them in the lineup.

If the Knicks continue to play like this and get homecourt advantage the Celtics are surely one of the teams I would want to avoid in the 1st round.

I'm confident the Knicks would be able to beat the Pacers,Bucks and Sixers. These are 3 teams I would like see Knicks go against in the 1st round. Maybe even Hawks too.
There are teams I would want to avoid but I think the Knicks can still beat them and those are the Bulls (considering Rose comes back and plays close to his possibilities),Nets and the Celtics.
There is only one team that I at all costs want to avoid and that's the Heat.

Preferred playoff matchup for the Knicks IMO:
1. Pacers/Bucks/Sixers
2. Hawks
3. Bulls/Nets/Celtics
4. Heat
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Lets hope the basketball gods look after the Celtics and Knicks, and have them go up against the Heat instead of each other. This is a bad matchup for Celtics, I see knicks winning this series, but I think both these teams can beat the Heat.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

Still have serious doubts about the Knicks being a legit title contender. I'd like to see how they handle some true adversity first during this season before stupid threads like this are made.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

If it started today? We'd kill them. If teams are playing same at end. We'd still kill them. Anyone who says otehrwise is not paying attention. Let's see Celtics in a few months though. I'm assuming they will get their act together. We all know what they can do.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

As it stands now? Knicks would win pretty easily.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

One of our major advantages in last years' playoffs was the fact none of the teams had anyone who could really guard KG. The Knicks do, which is a big problem for us. I think it'll be interesting to see what Shumpert and Amar'e coming back does for them though. Shumpert doesn't have much of an outside shot, so he'll negate some of the spacing that is working so well for NY now, as will Amar'e. They'll need him to play against the Celtics as well, because Boston can put offensive threats at all 5 positions so it'll be harder to hide Novak/Felton.

I'd almost say that I'm more worried about current Knicks than Knicks with Amar'e. I think the Celtics fully healthy, win against either. But I'm biased, so...
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
One of our major advantages in last years' playoffs was the fact none of the teams had anyone who could really guard KG. The Knicks do, which is a big problem for us. I think it'll be interesting to see what Shumpert and Amar'e coming back does for them though. Shumpert doesn't have much of an outside shot, so he'll negate some of the spacing that is working so well for NY now, as will Amar'e. They'll need him to play against the Celtics as well, because Boston can put offensive threats at all 5 positions so it'll be harder to hide Novak/Felton.

I'd almost say that I'm more worried about current Knicks than Knicks with Amar'e. I think the Celtics fully healthy, win against either. But I'm biased, so...
Disagree. Shump will replace Brewer in the starting lineup. Brewer had a great start of the season shooting wise but he's starting to drop off. Currently shooting 38% for three for the season but I expect that number to go down. Shumpert also isn't a great shooter but is better than Brewer. Also Brewer is a good defender but Shumpert is much better,at least the last year's version was (we have yet to see how much did that knee injury will affect him).
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So far the Knicks have looked better but there's still 4 more months until the playoffs. Anything can happen.
Let's wait until Amare,Shumpert and Camby all get healthy and see how the Knicks will look with them in the lineup.

If the Knicks continue to play like this and get homecourt advantage the Celtics are surely one of the teams I would want to avoid in the 1st round.

I'm confident the Knicks would be able to beat the Pacers,Bucks and Sixers. These are 3 teams I would like see Knicks go against in the 1st round. Maybe even Hawks too.
There are teams I would want to avoid but I think the Knicks can still beat them and those are the Bulls (considering Rose comes back and plays close to his possibilities),Nets and the Celtics.
There is only one team that I at all costs want to avoid and that's the Heat.

Preferred playoff matchup for the Knicks IMO:
1. Pacers/Bucks/Sixers
2. Hawks
3. Bulls/Nets/Celtics
4. Heat

Wow. A very candid, respectful analysis from a Knicks fan.

I would agree. I think the Knicks have to be given the advantage right now, but there's just something that, as a Celtics fan, doesn't worry much too much about the Knicks. They're definitely a force right now, though.
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

People already writing off Boston.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

I mean at this moment the obvious answer is the Knicks because of the way they've played (and a little bit the way that the Celts have played), but ask me closer to playoff time. Nobody has really solidified themselves as the team they will absolutely be come playoff time. I'm not ready to crown anything.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Knicks in 6.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Knicks, Nets, Philly, Heat and possibly Chicago are the top dogs in the east. Boston is suffering too much on ALL aspects of the game right now. If they improve then they are obviously in this conversation but the East playoffs are going to be so exciting this year.
I will pray for a Nets-Knicks ECF.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: