Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board
Default Re: Celtics vs Knicks in 7 game Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Knicks, Nets, Philly, Heat and possibly Chicago are the top dogs in the east. Boston is suffering too much on ALL aspects of the game right now. If they improve then they are obviously in this conversation but the East playoffs are going to be so exciting this year.
I will pray for a Nets-Knicks ECF.

Philly have lost as many as Boston and Nets and Bulls have lost 1 less. Hard to see them being a whole tier above...
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
Hard to see them being a whole tier above...
They are a tier above with Brook Lopez, Philly is with Bynum and Bulls are with Rose. Due the Celtics have some unknown all-star player returning from injury that we should know about?
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Disagree. Shump will replace Brewer in the starting lineup. Brewer had a great start of the season shooting wise but he's starting to drop off. Currently shooting 38% for three for the season but I expect that number to go down. Shumpert also isn't a great shooter but is better than Brewer. Also Brewer is a good defender but Shumpert is much better,at least the last year's version was (we have yet to see how much did that knee injury will affect him).

No denying Shump is a better defender but he shot .222 on 3s last year (worse than Brewer's career) and .348 altogether. There's also the obvious issues regarding explosiveness post-injury which could affect his defence,
Old 12-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No denying Shump is a better defender but he shot .222 on 3s last year (worse than Brewer's career) and .348 altogether. There's also the obvious issues regarding explosiveness post-injury which could affect his defence,
Where did you get those stats ? Shumpert shot 31% for three last season,40% FG%.
Brewer shoots 26% for the career.

So Shump has shot 5% better even though he's taking worse shots (more contested ones).

I must admit Brewer's shooting has been a pleasant surprise so far but I wonder how long will it last.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Where did you get those stats ? Shumpert shot 31% for three last season,40% FG%.
Brewer shoots 26% for the career.

So Shump has shot 5% better even though he's taking worse shots (more contested ones).

I must admit Brewer's shooting has been a pleasant surprise so far but I wonder how long will it last.

My bad, they were preseason stats (NBA.com stats page is unnecessarily complex). So he's generally a better shooter, unless Brewer has improved for good. He's still not a great shooter.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My bad, they were preseason stats (NBA.com stats page is unnecessarily complex). So he's generally a better shooter, unless Brewer has improved for good. He's still not a great shooter.
Just what I said. Shumpert is as good or even better shooter than Brewer. Therefore he won't ruin our spacing. Amare on the other hand might.

If Woodson can somehow make Melo and Amare work well together the Knicks will be extremely tough to beat. But that's a big IF.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Just what I said. Shumpert is as good or even better shooter than Brewer. Therefore he won't ruin our spacing. Amare on the other hand might.

If Woodson can somehow make Melo and Amare work well together the Knicks will be extremely tough to beat. But that's a big IF.
The problem with the Amar'e/Carmelo combination seems to be, thus far, that they both like the same spots on the floor. They both have the 15-feet-and-in, turn and face game. They're both in the the paint, ideally. Then you throw Chandler in there and it gets really clogged. But Amar'e and Chandler are both front court players, so they're supposed to be down there. Carmelo is either a) a wing player, and therefore it's more acceptable for him to be farther away form the hoop, or b) a power forward. The Knicks have to figure out what's going on, because you can only have three guys down there if one or more of them is a great passer, but we haven't seen that. But to say Amar'e is the one ruining the spacing by being where he's supposed to be is odd.

I think staggering their appearances in the lineup may be the way to go.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
There's an important thing that stats doesn't show, Shump makes big buckets. I don't how many times last year shump made a big three when the Knicks couldn't buy a bucket, or when the other team was gaining momentum.

There's a reason Billups is called big shot, has nothing to do with his shooting percentage, but because the how timely his buckets were.

Dude is ice cold.
Quote:
Iman Shumpert: I remember KG saying, "I smell blood, Iím feeling like a shark today," or something like that, whatever.
Reporter: Did you say something to him?
Iman: I just dunked it on him and got a tech
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If this series started tomorrow, Knicks would kill us. They're firing on all cylinders right now while the Celtics are still fighting to find their identity and integrate all these pieces they have.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: