Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default How many points would Lebron average if..

..he spent all of his time scoring instead of dishing out about 7apg?
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: How many points would Lebron average if..

20ppg
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

If he completely ignores bosh and wade
I would have to say......35ppg on 49%
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think James' assists are a result of making the right play, not eschewing a great scoring opportunity for himself just for the sake of doing something different and letting his teammates score. As such, if he were to stop making passes and just try scoring a lot, I think his points per game would rise a little, but his efficiency and field goal percentage would drop.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

15ppg 35%fg 25fga per game
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I think James' assists are a result of making the right play, not eschewing a great scoring opportunity for himself just for the sake of doing something different and letting his teammates score. As such, if he were to stop making passes and just try scoring a lot, I think his points per game would rise a little, but his efficiency and field goal percentage would drop.

I feel that he tries to beautify his stats to some extent. Often times he passes the ball instead of having the scorers mentality. He makes it an effort to get a lot of assists a game. That too me is a stat padding mentality. That bothers me a bit. I cheered for him to win his first ring but now that he's got one, I am rooting against him.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

In his absolute physical prime Cavs days, I could see him putting up 40 ppg with Kobe's ball hog mentality
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

the idea that lebron don't take many shots is absolutely false

people can't just look at FGA numbers you have to understand that free throws come from attempts too

if you add together FGA and FTA's Lebron is a bigger shotjacker than just about anybody in the league
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
..he spent all of his time scoring instead of dishing out about 7apg?
Less, because then teams would have no reason to play passing lanes and can clog it up on him.

You realize that if you are a good passer, you open the game up for yourself as much as anyone else.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I was expecting the scenario to be his dick not being in your mouth.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers

TheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Less, because then teams would have no reason to play passing lanes and can clog it up on him.

You realize that if you are a good passer, you open the game up for yourself as much as anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204

Agreed. The reason LeBron's such a great offensive force is because he knows how to punish defenses with either scoring or setting up teammates and strikes a good balance between the two.

@OP: you're basically asking us to take away the thing that makes LeBron who he is and turn him into a chucker.
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I was expecting the scenario to be his dick not being in your mouth.
Salty Knick fan. Who knew?!
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Salty Knick fan. Who knew?!

I'm salty? At who? Lebron for not coming to NY? Generalization.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He would have four scoring titles, that's for sure. He would be around two points more than Durant the past couple of years. Around three more this year because Durant is passing. In most games this year Lebron doesn't try to score in the first half - unless he senses the team is on to him doing it. If he has to score early he goes into assist mode at some other point in the game.
Quote:
I feel that he tries to beautify his stats to some extent. Often times he passes the ball instead of having the scorers mentality. He makes it an effort to get a lot of assists a game. That too me is a stat padding mentality. That bothers me a bit. I cheered for him to win his first ring but now that he's got one, I am rooting against him.

Watch Lebron a little closer. He just doesn't like to score a ton. He goes into assist mode at times in the game to make sure his teammates are in the game. It's hard to pad assist without getting a lot of turnovers but Lebron is very efficient. His decision making and efficiency is way too good and clear to be padding. He even cites his JHS coach, with instilling passing in his game. I think the passing is a childhood thing that won't leave him. Lebron rarely has a 40 point game because he feels like a ball hog when he does. Durant also rarely has as many 40 point games when you consider how much he scores. Its just the mentality now in general pretty much across the board (Wade and Mello also should have had a lot more 40 point games). Kobe and Iverson are from a different era.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
exactly. people acting in here that he could just start taking more shots and he would see the same defense he's seeing now. no one is gonna give a scorer 5+ feet of space the way lebrick has gotten his whole career.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: