Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Gripe with Tyson Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He had some huge tap-out/psuedo-rebounds at the end there though.
He did. Just like I said. He made a few great plays in the final few minutes but other than that he's played like garbage.
Even Sheed outplayed him.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Chandler played like shit again but he redeemed himself at the end of the game w/ the volleyball spikes...that essentially sealed the win for us.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He and Felton played that game. Felton chucked, and Tyson swatted em back into our backcourt.

That's not a winning strategy in the long term though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they played volleyball against the backboard
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's gotten so bad to where when I call my parents and my mom answers, she knows I'm calling my dad to rant about Chandler not grabbing the ball lol. It's gotten so bad to where my 3 year old daughter was yelling "Grab the Ball!" with me at the TV

Quote:
1. My bad....

2. How does help defense incresse blocks on the wing?

3. He's better than McGhee, much better.

4. Melo is being recognized for putting together an Mvp year so far, that's the ultimate credit to the teams success.

5. You can be a good defender and not be a shotblocker. Deandre for instance gets a lot of blocks but is not a good defender.

6. i dont care how he scores, he does it

7. So you're hoping he become average again?

8. Yes he did, ironically Charlotte made their only playoff appearance that year, but I gueds he was no help.

9. Nope, I don't complain about the salary at all.

I merely respond to constant complaining of how the team was made up, and reference why.

I don't care how much the players make, but the expectation is for them to play up to it.

Look, I realize you don't like Tyson which is fine.

But don't belittle what the guy does.

Take him off this team, and they would win less.

2. Shot blockers get most of their blocks as a help defender. Not on their actual man... and who said anything about the wing?

3. As you said, numbers don't lie. Compare the numbers, including the minutes played.

4.Yes but everytime we get a win, it was because of someone else.

5. I totally agree. And I dont think Chandler is a horrible defender. I just think he's an overrated defender. He isn't the GREAT defender like ppl say he is.

6. Look, I have no problems with him catching easy lobs, but I can't give him credit for someone else's hard work. That's Felton's props as well as Woody's. Chandler is just the recipient.

7. No. If you read what I said, I said "I hope he doesn't" meaning I hope he keeps this pace up because he's normally a career 63% guy.

8. He was a bench player and he avg 6 ppg and 6 rpg. He only started 27 games because he stunk up the joint. Ask Bobcat fans (if you can find any lol) how they feel about his play there.

9.And my point is, he doesn't play like a 14 million dollar player. That's it.

Quote:
He had some huge tap-out/psuedo-rebounds at the end there though.

I wish he would just grab the damn ball. He's the talest player on the court. Sometimes those taps lead to fast breaks the other way.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #21
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

I like Chandler. I think he's a really good teammate for the Knicks. He can play great defense. However I have 3 beefs with him.

1) Stop crying like a baby when you don't get a call.
2) Stop swatting the ball and actually use both hands to grab that rebound.
3) It wouldn't be bad to practice shooting simple 8 footers to help offensively.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
I like Chandler. I think he's a really good teammate for the Knicks. He can play great defense. However I have 3 beefs with him.

1) Stop crying like a baby when you don't get a call.
2) Stop swatting the ball and actually use both hands to grab that rebound.
3) It wouldn't be bad to practice shooting simple 8 footers to help offensively.

Him and Melo complain entirely too much. Melo wasn't always like this. I noticed this in Chandler last year and made mention of it when I went to the Wizards/Knicks games. That's also a fault of Mike Woodson. You're supposed to stand up for your players. Old veteran's coaching tactic. Take a tech for your team.
1. It shows them your support.
2. the coach gets the tech instead of the star player
3.The ref listens to the coach more than players anyway.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's say you're in charge of the Knicks and the Bulls offered you Joakim Noah for Tyson Chandler. Would you accept it ?

I sure as hell would. More energy,amazing passer,better shooter,better shot blocker. And he actually plays defense every night.
This year's version of Tyson Chandler sucks and if he doesn't start to play the defense in the playoffs we're going nowhere no matter how good Melo and Amare mesh.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-19-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #24
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Stop swatting the ball and actually use both hands to grab that rebound.

So true

I am a supporter of Tyson though, I think he's great for the team. Sure we could do better, but we could also do a lot worse!!!
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Let's say you're in charge of the Knicks and the Bulls offered you Joakim Noah for Tyson Chandler. Would you accept it ?

I sure as hell would. More energy,amazing passer,better shooter,better shot blocker. And he actually plays defense every night.
This year's version of Tyson Chandler sucks and if he doesn't start to play the defense in the playoffs we're going nowhere no matter how good Melo and Amare mesh.
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL yea! I would pack Chandler's bags and drive him to the airport myself! Have you seen Joakim Noah this year? Him and Anderson Varejao are playing out of their minds. I don't even like Varejao but damn. They are Allstars this year IMO.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Do you know why he swats the ball out? Because this team doesnt rebound outside of him and Melo. When Jkidd is in there he cleans the glass. Its not Tyson's fault no one else grabs rebounds. To expect him to be an energetic rebounder is ludicrous he isnt so dont expect him to be. The dude isnt a hustle rebounder.

There are moments that I think he could do better but before you call him out call out the other characters on the team that let people fly by them regularly!

He isnt a shot blocker never really was a great shot blocker.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Do you know why he swats the ball out? Because this team doesnt rebound outside of him and Melo. When Jkidd is in there he cleans the glass. Its not Tyson's fault no one else grabs rebounds. To expect him to be an energetic rebounder is ludicrous he isnt so dont expect him to be. The dude isnt a hustle rebounder.

There are moments that I think he could do better but before you call him out call out the other characters on the team that let people fly by them regularly!

He isnt a shot blocker never really was a great shot blocker.
Yep, ironically when he gets alot of rebounds, the team loses.

But regardless, everyone praises Tyson for giving his team another possession.

This is the only place I've actually heard complaints about his tip-outs.

Dude is averaging 11 per game currently, that's solid for a center that only plays 30 minutes.

His per 36 numbers, 15 per game, and thats with the tip outs that dont count as boards.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Yep, ironically when he gets alot of rebounds, the team loses.

But regardless, everyone praises Tyson for giving his team another possession.

This is the only place I've actually heard complaints about his tip-outs.

Dude is averaging 11 per game currently, that's solid for a center that only plays 30 minutes.

His per 36 numbers, 15 per game, and thats with the tip outs that dont count as boards.
Exactly those tip outs are the best because if you look no one else is in position to grab rebounds most times its 1 on 3 in the paint lol Honestly I am surprised he gets as many as he does. Look what he did against Varajaeo and Howard... Those guys were getting 20 rebounds most nights lol
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Noah was actually our draft pick, and i do like him as a player.

But he isn't much better than Tyson in any facet.....other than passing.

He averages 9/8 for a reason.

Thibbs benched him and Boozer in fourth quarters for a reason.

Prior to this year Noah was averaging only 30 minutes per game, just like Tyson.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Exactly those tip outs are the best because if you look no one else is in position to grab rebounds most times its 1 on 3 in the paint lol Honestly I am surprised he gets as many as he does. Look what he did against Varajaeo and Howard... Those guys were getting 20 rebounds most nights lol
Yep, he does seem to get the best of the better centers.

But I guess he should grab rebounds over players head and called for loose ball fouls.

Tyson is smart, he gets the boards when he knows he can, other times he tips it out.

Really who cares? as long as he gives us another possession, what difference does it really make?

I'm serious though, I've never heard complaints about those tip out anywhere but here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: