Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #46
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Gripe with Tyson Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We don't ask him to be Dwight Howard. We just ask him to be a presence in the paint,get double digit rebounds every night and convert easy basket opportunities.

So far he's been more like Amare on defense instead of DPOY.

He was great last night and I don't see why he can't do that consistently. It's just an effort thing.
What he did tonite was a Dwight type performance.

Expect that nightly, and you'll be disappointed.

What he can do is average his double double like he has, help defend, and make it a little tougher in the paint.

And tip outs for extra possessions.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #47
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

What he can do is average his double double like he has, help defend, and make it a little tougher in the paint.

Guy is DPOY. We brought him because of his defense and leadership. He suppose to play Dwight Howard type defense every night,or at least something close to it.
We didn't bring him just to stand in the paint and watch opponents go past him for an easy layup.

His defense for most of the season was horrendous and you can't blame the system for that. System was the same last night but he played like a DPOY while in most of the games he looked like a 7'1 Amare on defense.

It's an effort thing. He can play like that almost every night. Guy is 7'1 tall,has long hands and is pretty athletic. He should be way more dominant in the paint than he was through most of the season. It's not that he doesn't have ability to protect the paint well,it's just that he chooses not do it on nightly bases. There are nights where he'll be focused and be a presence inside and on the boards and there are nights where he won't give any effort and just look lost.

I can't blame scorers and shooters for having bad nights. It happens.
But I can blame people for not defending and rebounding because that's the something they can and should do every single night.

I don't have problems with guys that don't have athletic ability to defend like Novak. But I have problems with guys that could be dominant defensively but they choose to be that every 10 games or so.
You can't blame lack of skill but you can't blame lack of effort. That's the thing I'm most annoyed with. Not giving effort.

I can say for myself that I'm not the most talented guy. I'm just an average basketball player (and that's in an enviroment that doesn't really play basketball a lot). But I give 110% every time I play and that's something I just can't understand. You're paid millions to play basketball but you can't go out and defend for 30 minutes. That's inexcusable.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-20-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #48
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No he can't, he isn't Dwight.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #49
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Knock it off. That's enough. Dwight type? He had a pretty good game but let's not get carried away.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #50
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No he can't, he isn't Dwight.
So you're telling me he can't give effort every night ? Sorry dude,but you're just wrong. There's no case for defending Tyson's poor performance on defense this season.
He had some good games but overall his defense has been much worse than it should have been.

I just can't defend lack of effort.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-20-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

tysons saving himself for the playoffs
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Knock it off. That's enough. Dwight type? He had a pretty good game but let's not get carried away.
So..... 16/13/3 blocks is not a Dwight performance all while making his main assignment relatively ineffective?

But you're right...Dwight would never make both his free throws.

Everyone loves Tyson, you hate him, not surprised the answer.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #53
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So you're telling me he can't give effort every night ? Sorry dude,but you're just wrong. There's no case for defending Tyson's poor performance on defense this season.
He had some good games but overall his defense has been much worse than it should have been.

I just can't defend lack of effort.
When you think he isn't giving effort, that should be when the conversation ends.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #54
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
When you think he isn't giving effort, that should be when the conversation ends.
It is evident many times that he doesn't give effort. When he gives 100% we see performances like last night.

I don't know what games have you been watching but Tyson's defense has been way below his standards for most of the season.
Are you sure you've been watching Knicks games from 2012-13 season and not re-runs from the last year ?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #55
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Here is some interesting real data about Tyson Chandler.

Leading the league in fg%, record setting at the moment.

Third in offensive rebounds, while being only three behind Zach Randolph while playing 5 less minutes per game, even with his tip outs.

Top 5 in the league in win shares....tied with LeBron.

Last 10 games.....14/12 with a block...no surprise to me the team is 8-2 in their last 10.

It's just too easy to prove Tyson's impact.

I know what I see, and have stats to back it up,
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #56
Clutch
Stop flopping

What does FG% or stats like that have to do with his defensive presence ?

Nobody is complaining about his offense. He's been shooting a great percentage,we all know that.
I have problems with his defense which was way below his standards. If you think his overall defense was great throughout the year then we have nothing else to talk about.

His defense this season is nothing more than average. There were some games where he played horrible defense and there were some games where he played excellent defense. But in most games his defense was just solid and that's not what you want to see from your DPOY.

He's 7'1 and he only averages 0.8 blocks per game. 100 years old Rasheed Wallace who's been retired for 2 years and has 1' vertical averages the same in twice less minutes.
Jason Kidd,a point guard,averages only 0.2 blocks less. Same thing with Melo.

I give credit where credit is due. Tyson was amazing last night. But for the season his defense has been below his standards. His offense is fine,nobody is talking about it. His defense is what we're worried with and that's just an effort thing. He's an amazing defender when he wants to. But for the most part he didn't really put much effort in it.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #57
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

You should care about the win.

When your center is tied with LeBron in win shares that's impact.

He's already blames himself for lower defense but he still contributes to the the win.

All I care about is the win.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #58
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Here is some interesting real data about Tyson Chandler.

Leading the league in fg%, record setting at the moment.

Third in offensive rebounds, while being only three behind Zach Randolph while playing 5 less minutes per game, even with his tip outs.

Top 5 in the league in win shares....tied with LeBron.

Last 10 games.....14/12 with a block...no surprise to me the team is 8-2 in their last 10.

It's just too easy to prove Tyson's impact.

I know what I see, and have stats to back it up,

As did I. And let's be frank about the field goal percentage. They are all wide open dunks and alleys. Let's not act like he's makin moves or tough shots or anything.

And how did he render Brook ineffective? Lopez has 16 and 10. Chandler had 16 and 12. And I don't HATE Tyson Chandler. I just think he's overrated and overpaid...and from the look of things, so does Clutch lol Don't try and single me out If we're talking still injured, Lakers Dwight Howard... maybe. But if we're talking Dwight Howard playing like himself....Chandler's play last night wasn't even close.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
As did I. And let's be frank about the field goal percentage. They are all wide open dunks and alleys. Let's not act like he's makin moves or tough shots or anything.

And how did he render Brook ineffective? Lopez has 16 and 10. Chandler had 16 and 12. And I don't HATE Tyson Chandler. I just think he's overrated and overpaid...and from the look of things, so does Clutch lol Don't try and single me out If we're talking still injured, Lakers Dwight Howard... maybe. But if we're talking Dwight Howard playing like himself....Chandler's play last night wasn't even close.
8-18 is ineffective.

Who cates about injured or not, if you suit up and play, no excuses.
Didnt Tyson start off the season with a bruised knee, since now we using the previously injured excuse?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #60
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Sorry the only problem i have with Tyson is not stopping the guy penetrating for a lay up staying on his man. Other than that I have no complaints really and I have no idea what the coach says in that situation.

The bigger problem is guards and small forwards arent playing good defense. They are not communicating and they are letting guys go by them with ease.

This is what puts Tyson in a bad position. You cant complain about Tyson and not check the source.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: